Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wizard - Hail new cheese king!

wizard cheese powergaming solo potd strategy index make wizard great again gamebreaking

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

I don't get why its so important for people to play PotD and why its even more important to exploit mechanics to such a degree.. But to each his own.

Searching, testing, exploring can bring no less fun than the gameplay itself. That's why a certain part of the community is so looking for an imbalance and screaming about patches, they want the game to continue to change that they, in turn, could further search, test and explore. Well, i judge by myself, maybe i'm wrogn...

• dunehunter likes this

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't get why its so important for people to play PotD and why its even more important to exploit mechanics to such a degree.. But to each his own.

Searching, testing, exploring can bring no less fun than the gameplay itself. That's why a certain part of the community is so looking for an imbalance and screaming about patches, they want the game to continue to change that they, in turn, could further search, test and explore. Well, i judge by myself, maybe i'm wrogn...

Well, instead of "fixing" exploits they focus instead on fixing things that need buffing. That is, of course, after a few rounds of bug fixes.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think this was possible in PoE1. I usually started combats by casting rolling flames and crackling bolt. Then I moved my wizard to the back and let the enemy approach my party. It was not that big of an advantage if the enemy comes, but it was fun. If the enemy died outside of combat, it would get boring really fast, imo.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was a battle when the enemies wouldn't come and when I got close one of them was dead. So this tactic might work in PoE1.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, cheese, powergaming, solo, potd, strategy, index, make wizard great again, gamebreaking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users