A great tactic has been found. If you use cracking bolt and rolling flame from a long distance, the enemy will not notice the party, which in turn means endless spells. This method allows you to destroy almost any encounter or lure enemies one by one increasing or decreasing the distance. Also, since the spells are power level 2-3, This strategy can be effectively used by any wiz-multiclasses, making the strategy a great way to complete solo PoTD.
If you a smart wizard, you should practice sniping.

eIZ1-2nwkT0.jpg
uKw8p0bkImo.jpg
P7HNtMSvHDs.jpg
2XHpylxx_QA.jpg
BGgmZfzTGU4.jpg
7HYoYz6B4CQ.jpg
congratulations.jpg

Also, if an enemy encounter contains healers trying to kill someone is pretty useless unless you can kill mob with one blow, but in this case, such exploits are simply not needed. Still great for luring.

Edited by PIRI
  • Like 2

Yes ok but why are you telling obsidian about it? Once it gets nerfed how am I supposed to get the metaphysics staff on nemnok island right out of tutorial isle?

• Like 2

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Yes ok but why are you telling obsidian about it? Once it gets nerfed how am I supposed to get the metaphysics staff on nemnok island right out of tutorial isle?

I am very interested in how this can be fixed? For example - withraw + chanter not fixed yet and everyone know about it.

This is one of those few things that require changing the design of the game, it's not easy to fix.

Edited by PIRI
  • Like 1

It is a single player game, so this hurts no one... reporting it or complaining about others using it, is assinine. 

You haven't see how many "nerf requests" were there on this forum during PoE1 beta and early version. Some people even ask for nerfing something that they are using, a single player game does make them selfless~ and devs even listened to them, I still remember they nerfed cipher into the most bored class in PoE1 xD

Edited by Emeus
  • Like 1

Hahaha!  Amazing!  Get your Triple Crowns in before they patch it, guys!

As far as I understand it the TCS type achievements aren't yet in the game.

They shouldn't! Berath's blessing protects us!

It is a single player game, so this hurts no one... reporting it or complaining about others using it, is assinine. 

Obsidian clearly means to curb cheating in their single player game. Not only does the console disable achievements, but modding is greatly hampered in comparison to their previous games, and the save files are obfuscated, maybe even encrypted.

Here's a crazy thought. What if you use it with assassin stealth for double the cheese?

I'm not sure that it will work for spells in General.

But I now realized that the rogue actually most cheese class in game for solo. Just think about it. You start fight, use all you resources/spells, cast invisibility, run, battle over, GoTo 1.

Lol. Keep that a secret. I honestly don't want to find out how will obsidian fix rogue cheese. More likely they will just end up making the game more arbitrarily unfun for other non-rogue classes by tacking on permanent engagement instead. 

Nice. A lot of single player games have this same problem. You could do it in Divinity OS as well as all the elder scroll games and even old infinity engine games. It really does not break anything because most people will stop doing it after an hour or so.

It just shows how many old abilities and spells aren't adapted to the new "No per/rest abilities!".

P.S. IMO, solution to this is quite simle - enemy will regen their health when not combat just like player's party do.

Luring is other story thought.

Edited by PIRI
  • Like 1

I don't get why its so important for people to play PotD and why its even more important to exploit mechanics to such a degree.. But to each his own.

Searching, testing, exploring can bring no less fun than the gameplay itself. That's why a certain part of the community is so looking for an imbalance and screaming about patches, they want the game to continue to change that they, in turn, could further search, test and explore. Well, i judge by myself, maybe i'm wrogn...

• Like 1

I don't get why its so important for people to play PotD and why its even more important to exploit mechanics to such a degree.. But to each his own.

Searching, testing, exploring can bring no less fun than the gameplay itself. That's why a certain part of the community is so looking for an imbalance and screaming about patches, they want the game to continue to change that they, in turn, could further search, test and explore. Well, i judge by myself, maybe i'm wrogn...

Well, instead of "fixing" exploits they focus instead on fixing things that need buffing. That is, of course, after a few rounds of bug fixes.

I think this was possible in PoE1. I usually started combats by casting rolling flames and crackling bolt. Then I moved my wizard to the back and let the enemy approach my party. It was not that big of an advantage if the enemy comes, but it was fun. If the enemy died outside of combat, it would get boring really fast, imo.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was a battle when the enemies wouldn't come and when I got close one of them was dead. So this tactic might work in PoE1.

sign.jpg