This is good information.  I asked this very same question last night in a thread of my own, and it took 12 hours to get a response, and even then it felt like pulling teeth because I had to reply to my own thread just to get it back to the top of the subforum.  Very annoying.

Part of me is happy that ranged weapons work with the weapon style abilities.  OTOH, it seems rather silly to me to think that, for example, that a "Two Handed Style" should train a character to gain the same benefit for both a Greatsword and a Warbow.  Then again, at least it's an ability that a ranged weapon character can take to enhance his ranged weapon abilities, particularly rangers who have so few non-pet related abilities in the first place.

Part of me is happy that ranged weapons work with the weapon style abilities.  OTOH, it seems rather silly to me to think that, for example, that a "Two Handed Style" should train a character to gain the same benefit for both a Greatsword and a Warbow.  Then again, at least it's an ability that a ranged weapon character can take to enhance his ranged weapon abilities, particularly rangers who have so few non-pet related abilities in the first place.

This is actually a massive improvement over PoE1. The passives are far more intuitive this way with the way they are worded. It simply served as a gotcha for new players back in PoE1 as the wording was super lazy and badly needed to either have better wording & clarification or the mechanics simplified as it is now.

Yes. (According to in-game display. I haven't actually checked combat logs.)

I just picked it up on Maia with arqebus and checked combat log - It does list the 15% damage boost/

Awesome. Thanks Anoregon.