Vela not showing up

DarthMonkey

Question

10 answers to this question

Patch 1.0.2 has been released today and It has not fixed Vela still. I have imported a save from the first game and she appears on the beach in the beginning but when The Defiant is repaired she still does not appear below deck. The patch notes says it fixes this problem.

• Like 1

Well that is a shame. I have a feeling that it wont be fixed until the next patch in early June that they mentioned. I hope they manage to do a quick fix for that earlier though, I feel like I shouldn't be continuing without my adoptive daughter.

I've gotten a few interactions with Vela - usually on the Junk, with Captains Quarters upgrade - if it makes any difference.

One interaction between her and Eder involving boots, crabs and saltwater brought quite a smile to my face.

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

Yep, Vela's still not properly fixed. Her one liners are of the generic crew member and she disappears after first visit of the ship.

She spawns back after the cut-scene meeting you have while first leaving the starting village. She'll be in your cabin when you are sent back to your ship after the cut-scene meeting.

Yep, Vela's still not properly fixed. Her one liners are of the generic crew member and she disappears after first visit of the ship.

She spawns back after the cut-scene meeting you have while first leaving the starting village. She'll be in your cabin when you are sent back to your ship after the cut-scene meeting.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the cut-scene meeting". When your ship gets repaired? When meeting Serafen? I'm well past that point and she's just not there.

Well for me she appeared after that cut-scene while you just leave the starting village, where you are summoned before the gods. Bummer she's not there for you, she is for me, but still only has sailor floaty-text above her head and nothing more when clicked on. Seems like we're all having our own issues with Vela, and like you, I hope they do get ironed out.