The Game Over conditions are hilarious

Compared to PoE1, in PoE2, the losing conditions really represent you doing the idiotic thing imaginable at that moment.

"Work for me" - Berath

"NO!" - You

"Okay bye" - Berath

And then the one at the end

"Hey there" - Eothos

"LET'S FIGHT" - You

"Wh what?" - Companion

"Really?" - Eothos

"YES REALLY!" - You

And he freaking soul eye beamed you right at the end of the game lmao.

• Like 1

I laughed out loud at the first one, though. I thought it was a refreshing departure from the dialogue trees in some RPGs where the MC drags their feet through the dialogue options until the game railroads them off to save the world. By comparison, the Watcher has limited leeway with the gods. XD

I laughed out loud at the first one, though. I thought it was a refreshing departure from the dialogue trees in some RPGs where the MC drags their feet through the dialogue options until the game railroads them off to save the world. By comparison, the Watcher has limited leeway with the gods. XD

It is great to have an RPG that constantly say "The world doesn't revolve around you" in your face.

Yeah, I really liked the first one! At first I was gonna say "no" to Berath, but then I realized that would automatically end game. So I reluctantly agreed. Which made the whole thing feel more real than if the game had just talked in circles until you had no choice but to say yes. Really well done. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I really approve of them following through on choices potentially killing you before you even do character creation! :D Kinda feels a bit like those situations where the DM says "This campaign involves these types of characters" only to have one player insist on creating a completely incompatible character for the campaign and for the DM to go "He's not gonna live..." repeatedly...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

The second one actually makes a lot of sense. In a way - the first denial as well.

None of those two are idiotic. After events of PoE1 Watcher can be absolutely in the "I'd rather die than be a pawn of gods" position, which is understandable. Have you met the gods? I actually almost died in my first PoE2 playthrough right there, because my default stance was exactly "I ain't touching that ****". The choice of course is not the one of the Watcher, because for my Watcher the answer was absolutely "FU, return me to the wheel". The choice was mine of a gamer - ok, I agree to go with this because I want to play the game.
BTW - After all Berath does not threaten with killing you - you *are* pretty much dead. She offers to actually cheat The Wheel for you as long as you agree to be her stooge.

And in the second spoilerific case - well, have you seen Watchmen? A very similar scene happens for a very similar reason - you might be against overwhelming odds and have literally zero chance, but it is the question of not bending over but standing by your morals/conviction - that what is going to happen is wrong.

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1

Just had the Rymrgand one!

Rymrgand: I will bring oblivion upon you!

Me: Bring it bitch!

Rymrgand: Okay...

"The party has died"

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I do love how game allows you to choose obviously bad options :D They would only need game over texts.

Speaking of which, here is another one: Trying to sail through Ondra's mortar solo(at least without all upgrades, I'm not sure if its possible if you have everything even if you aren't allied with a faction) Ondra is like "WTF, we expected better of you"

Edited by BrokenMask

I do love how game allows you to choose obviously bad options :D They would only need game over texts.

Speaking of which, here is another one: Trying to sail through Ondra's mortar solo(at least without all upgrades, I'm not sure if its possible if you have everything even if you aren't allied with a faction)

I hear it's possible but if you try to do it before the quest is there, your ship gets sucked into a whirlpool after surviving all the storm and damage. I tried :C

Edited by Zeitzbach