Basically the title. Why am I not able to consume food at an Inn while resting? The innkeepers sell food and I am not able to eat it unless I camp outside of the city? This seems silly and breaks any sort of immersion for the game.

Can Obsidian enable eating while resting at inns in the future? Thanks.

I assume the bonus you get from the inn comes from both resting in an eat and eating the food there (food is included with your board), and since you can only eat one meal per rest then it takes precedence over any food you bring with you.

EDIT: What Sedrefilos said, didn't see his post until after I posted.

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'd say it's something like... They don't allow you to eat food you brought from outside. You must eat the food they serve. It's a policy in all taversn and inns.

I assume the bonus you get from the inn comes from both resting in an eat and eating the food there (food is included with your board), and since you can only eat one meal per rest then it takes precedence over any food you bring with you.

nowt

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the stupid part about this is that you *can't* use the food you purchase in the inn for your resting bonus. All you can do is buy it to be used when you're camping!

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Unfortunately the stupid part about this is that you *can't* use the food you purchase in the inn for your resting bonus. All you can do is buy it to be used when you're camping!

That's the take-away food you buy for on the road: it's sealed so it can be consumed days and days later. They have different stuff on the menu for the guests who rent a room. Obviously.

Yeah, that makes sense (I always assumed that the inn resting bonus came from a combination of food, drink, rest, entertainment, etc.), but the mechanics are still kind of silly. You can walk up to the bar and buy a drink, but you can't drink it. At the bar.

I understand having the need to feed/water your crew, but making all alcohol no longer an at-will consumable was a big mistake, imo. I've seen multiple players say that they find it immersion-breaking that they can't just have a drink in a tavern, and rightly so. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that makes sense (I always assumed that the inn resting bonus came from a combination of food, drink, rest, entertainment, etc.), but the mechanics are still kind of silly. You can walk up to the bar and buy a drink, but you can't drink it. At the bar.

I understand having the need to feed/water your crew, but making all alcohol no longer an at-will consumable was a big mistake, imo. I've seen multiple players say that they find it immersion-breaking that they can't just have a drink in a tavern, and rightly so.

Drink at a bar!? What next? Do you suggest we bathe in bathhouses and eat at restaurants? You’re savages, the whole lot of you.

It's also immersion breaking that you can't ever have more than four companions at a time, learn spells and proficiencies out of nowhere upon reporting back to someone that you did what they asked, and can't go higher than "level 20". What exactly constitutes an immersion breaker is often different from person to person

It's also immersion breaking that you can't ever have more than four companions at a time, learn spells and proficiencies out of nowhere upon reporting back to someone that you did what they asked, and can't go higher than "level 20". What exactly constitutes an immersion breaker is often different from person to person

I dunno, being able to drink at the same bar where you ordered the drink seems pretty fundamental. 

What you mentioned can at least be justified in the name of balance. This is just wonky design.

Edited by Purudaya