The Cornett's Call - one conch to rule them all

Achilles

Question

Went into the Undercity looking for Botaro during All Aboard.

Explored the hell out of those maps.

Found the Cornett of Depths, killed the grub thingy, placed the Cornett in the hand (Bug #1 - the wall model will still show one of the hands with a conch in it, even if you remove it after placing it).

Realized that the other one wasn't there and assumed that I would find it later.

Left the area.

Returned to Bita, completed All Aboard, got approached by a messenger.

Found Dereo and spoke to him.

Bug #2 - received many dialog options that were flagged as though I had already found the Cornett of Waves. The quest now thinks that I have both conchs, even though I only found one.

Save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwuvtg3nkkvfjmu/Niall%20%28QueensBerth%29%20%289a605dc7-6872-43f5-ae5c-4035ef0295f0%29%20%28767607738%29.savegame?dl=0

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

16 answers to this question

Yes, this happened to me.  The quest itself can be completed normally if you go get the Cornett of Waves, thankfully, so I've found that until it gets fixed, just ignore those options until you actually DO have the Cornett of Waves.

Alternatively, Dereo's quest can actually be completed with just one conch (he just wants to see that nice mural on the wall with the giant grub), so I guess it doesn't really matter?

It does though because then you can't open the door where you have to put both conches in the Ondra Temple.  I seriously hope people expect spoilers here...

So right now I'm in the same boat.  I have the conch of depths, but In have never received the conch of waves.  I've now completed the quest with Dereo as well.  But I can't put both conches into the door :(  I've tried looting every NPC involved and it doesn't drop either from anyone.  Sigh.

I had this problem, but even after talking to Dereo and completing that I was able to get the second conch. It's on a guy in the Royal Palace area. His house is in the bottom right of that palace map. I was able to convince him to give it to me.

You really need only the one conch to complete Dereo's quest, so I don't think anything is wrong there.

You can get the other one to open the final room (which doesn't have too much interesting stuff) in the serpent's crown district from Takano in his estate.

Edited by M4xw0lf

Ok so it is bugged for me then?  I would have to use the console command to give me the conch...  But then I would be locked out of achievements right?  :(

I don't think this qualifies as a bug, you simply completed the quest without getting the maximum out of it. The mosaic he wants you to find is in the room before the two-conches-door.

Same thing happened to me. It was very confusing as the NPC asked me how I found him and I got some options which didn't really make sense (I stumbled upon him by accident) and then options discussing other npcs related to the quest I had never met.

You don't use them on the statue, once you use the statue, you go into the room, kill the giant bug in there and there will be a mural on the eastern wall in the same room as the fight with the bug, use the conch's there... Also, +1 to this bug request, this happened exactly the same to me as the OP described. Good to know I can still complete the quest...

I have both Cornetts, where should I put them?

They do nothing on the statue in the Old City Ruins

Greetings All,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond! We have this issue with the Cornett's Call showing options when they should not be. Thank you for posting!

Best,

-Caleb

Thanks, Caleb. You guys rock!

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It does though because then you can't open the door where you have to put both conches in the Ondra Temple.  I seriously hope people expect spoilers here...

So right now I'm in the same boat.  I have the conch of depths, but In have never received the conch of waves.  I've now completed the quest with Dereo as well.  But I can't put both conches into the door :(  I've tried looting every NPC involved and it doesn't drop either from anyone.  Sigh.

if you have the cornet of depths, you can still get the cornet of waves by talking to the assassin in Delver's row.  he's at the far right side, in the blind alley.  you can pay him cash, and he will fetch it for you in 24 hours.

when you talk to him again after the day is up, just wade through his bull****, click the option to ask to buy his knife.  that will close that dialogue box.  THEN talk to him again, and he will give you the second cornet.