Family Feud peaceful way out

Playing as a good Paladin, I was pretty disappointed with the way this situation turned out.

Playing as a good Paladin, I was pretty disappointed with the way this situation turned out.

Same, it's heckin disappointing. 

what were you expecting exactly ? I'm curious....

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

That because I was more advanced in the game and my skills were higher and they both agreed to peace talks beforehand that I would be able to complete them at any point. Was not aware it was a timed quest as the sinking feeling one was given to me straight after they agreed to the peace talks, so I thought hey I'll go do this one see what's shakin and then report back and the actual peace talks will be even more dramatic because of that. See I like drama, I wanted drama not a technically broken quest. 

That because I was more advanced in the game and my skills were higher and they both agreed to peace talks beforehand that I would be able to complete them at any point. Was not aware it was a timed quest as the sinking feeling one was given to me straight after they agreed to the peace talks, so I thought hey I'll go do this one see what's shakin and then report back and the actual peace talks will be even more dramatic because of that. See I like drama, I wanted drama not a technically broken quest. 

Ah ok..

kinda dissapointed haha you both spoke for Paladin..and I though 'Oh noe! they couldn't smite anyone that must be it'' ..

But instead..it's about timing... :p

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Ah ok..

kinda dissapointed haha you both spoke for Paladin..and I though 'Oh noe! they couldn't smite anyone that must be it'' ..

I couldn't smite anyone anyway. I like dialogue drama not actual slaughter.  :no:  Difference between spillin' tea and throwing shade and actual slaughter. Would never want Pallegina to leave me as well so!

Ah ok..

I couldn't smite anyone anyway. I like dialogue drama not actual slaughter.  :no:  Difference between spillin' tea and throwing shade and actual slaughter. Would never want Pallegina to leave me as well so!

then why go for Paladin! your sword will ruste if you just talk !! 

:lol: kidding with you , I myself go often for the diplomat path..unless I'm playing a total Psycho....and that's kinda hard when you like your companion . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

If you just ignore the vault quest, you can get them to be friend and rob the vault yourself. The fun part is that the vault guards have like, the lowest possible stealth detection rating that  you can walk through their cone of vision with around 7 stealth and it will still take them awhile to notice.

If you just ignore the vault quest, you can get them to be friend and rob the vault yourself. The fun part is that the vault guards have like, the lowest possible stealth detection rating that  you can walk through their cone of vision with around 7 stealth and it will still take them awhile to notice.

can you get peace if you do the Vault quest? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

To me it didn't feel at all about timing. If you snitch about the bank heist, she calls the whole deal off. I completed it fairly quickly but still she does that. 

Only normal peaceful solution is to get her to agree to talk, and then go to the guy you convinced before and resolve it there.

most guides i see say you can complete sinkin feeling and then resolve it peacfully...doesn't work for me either...i still have the option to talk to the one lady ans she agrees to a meet but the valera family has no other dialogue options more regardless when i visit them but to escalate it against either family...

really disappointing because i got to the negotiation point earlier in the game but decide then to do other things first and sinking feeling first... honestly timed quests in an open world rpg are just stupid especially if you don't get a clear message that you need to hurry.

Basically what I did was not accept any quests from both families. When I got to talk to Ezzali just ignore her proposition and go straight for the offer to mediate peace. Same with Atello. You may miss their little quests but you will broker an agreement between them if you do it immediately. If thats your goal of course. 

The options are hidden in conversations, you just need to look for them. Only avoid their "jobs".

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

To accept the peaceful, did this twice

First, accept the quest to find the brother dueling from the sister. Meet them behind the waterfall and persuade them to finish at first blood and prevent any killing.

Go to the male leader house. Accept his quest and chase the Rauatai soldier out by spooking them about ghosts.

Go to the female leader house. Tell her you will want to give this peace talk a try. Ignore the quest to investigate about the vault raid.

Go to the male leader house, tell her the female leader want a peace talk.

Back to the female leader house, tell her the guys want it and peace talk begins.

Make sure you have enough points into diplomacy, around 6. Diplomacy is like one of the most useful passive skill anyway, along with insight.

Try to remind them constantly about the benefit like profit and how even old enemies can end up an ally these days.

Peace talk is done. Go raid the vault on your own with someone having 10 stealth. Rob everything.

• Like 2

Go to the female leader house. Tell her you will want to give this peace talk a try. Ignore the quest to investigate about the vault raid.

Go to the male leader house, tell her the female leader want a peace talk.

Ehh, this were I screwed up.

Told her I want to solve this peacefully. Went to investigate what she asked for; cose a little detective work won't hurt, won't it? Eavesdroped on Persa at "The Hole".

While being at The Guile done a few quests there. Went to Old City. Cleared everything. Been to Undercroft. Sailed to complete 2 bounties. Found Oswald at the Woedica themed temple. Done a lot of stuff.

Five or six hours later when I return to Neketaka, I find out there is no peaceful option available.

If I go now and talk to Valera:

- either have to accept to save Belda; or kill them all (in which case Pallegina leaves you, if she's in party)

If I go talk to Ezzali Bardatto:

- she asks to ambush the thieves in the vault; and after that requests to kill Valera family. Funnily even if you reply "I am not assassin" and leave, the "kill all valeras" quest is "accepted" anyway. In the end I decided to live with the consequences, not to enter Valera's house (since they are all hostile), and see if it won't block me from any further vailian quests.

can't you solve it peacfully after you have completed a sinking feeling? Because some walkthrough's on the internet say you can, maybe they are wrong?

But editing the files as suggested earlier in the thread works fine so in case you want to take another route

It's possible to complete the "A sinking feeling" and still reach a peaceful outcome. When you deliver the evidence, just choose the last option that is to remind her that it is still not late for a peaceful solution and not participate in the ambush. Then you go to the other family saying that she agreed to talk. Return to her and let the meeting start and always choose the diplomacy options and try to make both see the benefits of the mutual alliance.

In my game, the outcome of White March also influenced the peaceful talks when choosing the dialog with Diplomacy 6.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I was able to solve this problem :) (Make a backup of the files you modify!)

To make Atello and Martino not force the vault heist:

Go to your game folder and then to "PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\conversations\03_neketaka_vailian_district".

Open the files "03_cv_martino.conversationbundle" and "03_cv_atello.conversationbundle"

[...]

You da man, TempMcGuy!