Welp, I usually just name 'em after what I found I found there (Fampyr Isle, etc.) but I just couldnt resist naming the volcanic one with the labyrinth "Wael's A$$hole." After going through that **** it was gratifying to see it in large print across the map :p

But there was this one fight in the far northwest against a bunch of Fampyr's where I was in over my head and my party went down again and again until I was out of heals, out of empowers, potions, abilities, you-name-it. And it was just my tanky estoc Devoted in plate chipping away at like five of them, and, JUST barely by the skin of my teeth, he managed to take a few down early with careful interupts and every last option available to him and took out the last guy with something like 4 hp remaining. I was so damn satisfied and shocked, I named the island Last Man Standing in honour of the fight. And honestly, I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to name it anything different in subsequent playthroughs... That fight created a memory for me that really stuck. This game really is amazing.

• Like 3