As title says, which to add to the party. My main is chanter/priest named Charlotte Seraphina (how stupid of me), so I'm biased towards Teheku (or Tekehu sp.?).

why/why not for theurge:

Teheku has two unique subclasses and they are both present in multiclass combo (wow, you really don't loose these special subclasses with multiclass), but I'm not sure do I want to deal with cipher mother-in-law, especially since I played with him as companion in my last run before restartitis kicked off.

why/why not witch

Serafen is called similarly to my main character, and I'm simply not into "I would be glad you wash yourself" romance, besides is he even as good as Tekehu, considering he's orlan barbarian/cipher. On the other hand, I think barbarian/cipher makes sense for a pirate.

Classes choices

Tekehu might be just watershaper, haven't yet recruited him

Serafen - I can't picture Serafen as anything besides barbarian/cipher. I find barbarian class natural pirate, RP-wise, since barbarians are wild fighters who drinks, fight and spend their time on the sea, but since he's an orlan, I simply can't see him as pure barbarian. Before you recruit him, he enters your mind, so cipher is natural for him story-wise.

Which and why?

Edited by Melusina

I took single class Cipher Serafen in my game because I like his personality more and I like ciphers ever since the beginning of PoE.  Of the two, he fits the pirate theme better too, I think.  I also didn't have a pickpocket in my party yet when I came across him and he fits that role pretty well.  

As far as Orlans being Barbarians, I picked an Orlan Barb for my first playthrough of PoE1 and he was focused on interrupting enemies using maxed perception and dual wielding warhammers.  I think there's no race/class conflict there.  Maybe them being short is why you don't picture Orlans as barbs?

Edited by angryusaman

I swapped Serafen for Tekehu in my playthrough. Can't comment on how much involvement Serafen has, but Tekehu is quite famous in the Deadfire and has quite some dialogue with other NPCs. Also Tekehu's special is that he can cast water spells without friendly fire, and that is really nice imo.

Lol you’ve commented this in multiple places. I think it’s a great multiclass name. To each their own.

I realised this the other day.

Apologies... It was getting rather obsessive and played out wasn't it? :p

Just I think of witch and I think female specific, I think eye of newt, cauldrons etc.

Not a... psionic... berserker.

Wild Mind itself would have been a good multiclass name for it (IMO), not just in reference to Serafen's self-taught method.

Any way... Going to shut up about this now. :)

Both Serafen and Tekehu provide some insight about Deadfire, with Serafen more about pirates, and Tekehu about amanua.

I picked Tekehu Chanter/Druid, since that is two special subclasses in price of 1. Also his chanter side has more offensive spells, he can cast all combat long.

the problem with multiclassing a spellcaster that does not only buff/debuff is just the hit you take on powerlevel so i went with pure druid

i think another good name could be something involving doom, dark, black, death etc... Doomguard, Death Knight, Dark Disciple