I'd put this in the bug report forum because I can't imagine this is working as intended, but at the same time it's not really a glitch. Just what is the deal with dispositions in this game? I've got 4 maxed and three more almost maxed and I'm still fairly early in the game? Companion and faction reputations all seem to follow more or less the same pace as in Pillars 1 but why is it so easy to rank up in dispositions now? I don't fancy being a passionately stoic aggressively cruel benevolently honest liar, to be honest.

• Like 15

I would also like to note that the class descriptors for paladins and priests do not state their disposition preferences, leaving the player having to try and interpret them from the general description.

• Like 3

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

I would also like to note that the class descriptors for paladins and priests do not state their disposition preferences, leaving the player having to try and interpret them from the general description.

Actually for Paladin and Priest if you go into the Reputations page, your desired dispositions are highlighted with a blue outline and your opposed dispositions are highlighted with a red outline. 

Actually for Paladin and Priest if you go into the Reputations page, your desired dispositions are highlighted with a blue outline and your opposed dispositions are highlighted with a red outline. 

I have not found any way to access that information on Character Creation though, which would definitely be an issue for new players.

• Like 1

Did you just say, "Wizard Business" ?  :getlost: 

True, but I think it might be useful if players can see their preferred dispositions before they finish creating their character.

As for the dispositions, I have to agree with Sharmat: my ranger has every disposition except shady and cruel up to half, with two higher, and i have only just reached Neketaka (though i did complete the Benweth quest for the Principi first). So unless there's a way to decrease them through your actions, i can't help but think the rate of increase needs to be reviewed.

I was expecting a number to appear over a disposition when you filled its circle, and for the circle to reset to 0. If each disposition only has 4 levels that's pretty ridiculous, since you can fill them within a few hours of starting a new game.

Ok apparently companions max out at +2 so if anything they also gain too fast. Or at least, some of them do. Others don't seem to gain rep at all even when doing things the text claims they're responded to.

I believe this is due to this bug:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98246-bug-reputation-xoti-player-reputation-does-not-change-no-matter-what-i-do-towith-her/

I have the same thing.  Relationship points for each companion, sooner or later, seem to get bugged and stop changing no matter what you do.

Might also help the quality of companion writing. I mean Tekehu seems like the type that would try to bump uglies with the watcher within a few hours of meeting them, but suddenly Maia talks about how great I am and wants to be friends with privileges after a single convo. She seems cool but it's offputting. That conversation was clearly written to come up after significantly more time was spent with the character.

Edited by The Sharmat
  • Like 2

Might also help the quality of companion writing. I mean Tekehu seems like the type that would try to bump uglies with the watcher within a few hours of meeting them, but suddenly Maia talks about how great I am and wants to be friends with privileges after a single convo. She seems cool but it's offputting. That conversation was clearly written to come up after significantly more time was spent with the character.

Same here, only with Tekehu-- I didn't recruit him until very very late in the game, completed one quest with him then he got benched. So side convos, nothing. I intentionally avoided learning about his character so I could have him tag along the whole game on my next playthrough, then what happens? His "I'm into you" relationship dialogue triggers after a damn ship battle where he's not even in my party! I'd have to agree , this is very off-putting. Would Xoti have done the same thing at this point too if I hadn't already completed her story earlier on? I hope they fix this

Edited by fortuntek

Yes, I don't think it's working as intended. Choose honest almost every time, but pick couple of bluff options, and suddenly characters seem to think you are shady, Probably would work better if those dispositions were mutually exclusive, so picking honest option in conversations would decrease shady disposition or vice versa.

• Like 1

Same here, only with Tekehu-- I didn't recruit him until very very late in the game, completed one quest with him then he got benched. So side convos, nothing. I intentionally avoided learning about his character so I could have him tag along the whole game on my next playthrough, then what happens? His "I'm into you" relationship dialogue triggers after a damn ship battle where he's not even in my party! I'd have to agree , this is very off-putting. Would Xoti have done the same thing at this point too if I hadn't already completed her story earlier on? I hope they fix this

Tekehu is a ****, it fits.