How to get the Mace in subterranean Temple?

There's a temple dedicated to woedica on an island south east region of the map. Inside there's a room with a statue sitting on a throne with a mace laying on its lap. When you try taking the statue speaks to you in your mind and tells you to leave it. I've tried inspecting the statue and inspecting the mace but can't take it. Any one know how to get it?

So that’s how they solved the dump-the-resolve problem.

Eh? It seems more like a continuation of the have-high-resolve-to-progress problem they created in POE1.

If you didn't dump the stat into oblivion you can still get +8-10 (or even more?) bonuses to the stat from pets/food/drug/multiple items.

• Like 1

well thats just annoying, to just have to leave things because on char creation you did not go all in on resolve.

there are even cipher options but they do not do anything...its just resolve high or bust.

You can get the Mace with 14 int, 5 resolve base. You need two +2 resolve items, stinky Pete or other +resolve pet, then use a plot watcher abolity for Steadfast inspiration and grab it.

I just confirmed this is possible in game.

That's odd i'm just confirming its not lol.

14 int (check passed) 11 res (cannot crush it's will... check failed)

You can get the Mace with 14 int, 5 resolve base. You need two +2 resolve items, stinky Pete or other +resolve pet, then use a plot watcher abolity for Steadfast inspiration and grab it.

Yeah,  your Resolve is too low. You need to get it up to 15. You can do that with a base 5 resolve by stacking three +resolve items (if you have the berath's blessings vendor open, there are two separate +2 resolve items available in the starting town, then throw on any additional +1 resolve pet), for a total of +5 resolve from items, then you need a +5 resolve from somewhere else, one of the Watcher abilities gives a resolve inspiration and can be cast out of combat, bingo, total 15 resolve, that with 14 int will let you pick up the mace.

• Like 1

I created my character with 3 resolve, and still managed to lift up the mace, with the help of drug, blessing, gear, etc. Here's a breakdown:

+2 from Berath's Blessing - Champion Stats

+2 from Kābara Reku Shrine (next to Poko Kohara Ruins)

+2 from Boots of the Stone (feet)

+1 from Badrwn's Cover (cape)

+4 from Ripple Sponge (drug)

+1 from Stinky Pete (pet)

The list is nowhere exhaustive, as for example, the neck Token of Faith can provide another +2 resolve.

• Like 3

well thats just annoying, to just have to leave things because on char creation you did not go all in on resolve. there are even cipher options but they do not do anything...its just resolve high or bust.

Well...there are consequences to your choices. That's just how it works; your stats give you some opportunities while locking down others. It creates unique experiences for different types of characters and encourages replay.

• Like 5

I seem to recall it wasn't that great a mace. 

How many other unique maces are there in the game, that it's not that great? I found only this one actaully so...

And it's definitelly the only soulbound one.

Also, if you get it, don't make the mistake I did and bring it back to the place you got it from to rest :/ 

Once fully soulbound one of its properties is 'Lower level Kith enemies are killed on crit', so it's not that bad...

Yeah,  your Resolve is too low. You need to get it up to 15. You can do that with a base 5 resolve by stacking three +resolve items (if you have the berath's blessings vendor open, there are two separate +2 resolve items available in the starting town, then throw on any additional +1 resolve pet), for a total of +5 resolve from items, then you need a +5 resolve from somewhere else, one of the Watcher abilities gives a resolve inspiration and can be cast out of combat, bingo, total 15 resolve, that with 14 int will let you pick up the mace.

Ah right. I thought you meant you can pick it up at 5 resolve already, my bad.

I never realized that we could stack item bonuses in this game xD

well thats just annoying, to just have to leave things because on char creation you did not go all in on resolve. there are even cipher options but they do not do anything...its just resolve high or bust.

the fact it is so easy to stack resolve so as to make a difficult choice nothing save an annoyance is the problem and not the solution. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I seem to recall it wasn't that great a mace. 

How many other unique maces are there in the game, that it's not that great? I found only this one actaully so...

And it's definitelly the only soulbound one.

It's called the Magistrate's Cudgel.

As a mace, it's OK, I guess.  Nothing spectacular, but doesn't seem horrible either.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh? It seems more like a continuation of the have-high-resolve-to-progress problem they created in POE1.

Funny enough I went with high Resolve immediately in POE2 due to all those checks in the first...and only really saved me a few times. Oh well back to Perception for my Mindstalker :p

• 2 weeks later...

I had a base resolve of 3 and managed to get it

Item Bonuses

Eviee Pet = +2

Badrwyn's Cover Cloak = +1 (non-watcher must wear it)

Ring of the Solitary Wanderer = +1

Shorewalker Sandals / Boots of the Stone= +1

Token of Faith Amulet = +2

Rippel Sponge Drug = 3+ (alchemy improves it)

Rest Bonus (choose one)

Normal Rest w/ Hagfish or Seafood Stew = +1

Meditate at Kābara Reku Shrine (next to Poko Kohara Ruins) = +2

There may be an inn that buffs resolve somewhere, not sure

Other Bonuses

Berath's Blessing = +2

* Rabyuna Prostitute = +2

* Last resort is to reroll your character and max out alchemy in order to get more from the Rippel Sponge.

Another idea if you come up short is to buff resolve as high as it will go before combat then give yourself a resolve inspiration during combat near the end. Then after combat quickly pick up the mace before the inspiration wears off.

Edited by JiggleFloyd
  • Like 3