I have made a little mod many people have requested. The title should say it already.

https://github.com/Fhav6X/Stronghold-turns-to-days-Mod-Sttd-/releases/tag/1.2

also now on nexus mods

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/194

Stronghold turns to days is now on v 1.2 (final version).

for version 3.7.0.1318 of Pillars of Eternity

What does it do?
- This mod switches the turn based taxing, adventure spawn and ingredients spawn to day based.
- I kept "visitor killed" events turn based for logical reason.
- Anything else (Attacks, Visitors) have been day based from the start.

Taxing is now every 5 days and ingredients spawn every 24 hour. Adventures spawn roughly every 8 to 16 days. Determination of Adventure type is set about 10 days before adventure spawns.

Now all adventures take ONE turn to complete, despite of negative numbers shown in the description. (Reason is in post below)

To install it, follow the readme in the archive

Modification was done with dnSpy.

I also have to point out this assembly-csharp.dll is not written by me. I just modified it. The code is property of obsidian.

Here are the links to sttd + my new mod "level and ability cap increaser (LACI)"

https://github.com/Fhav6X/Stronghold-turns-to-days-Mod-Sttd-/releases/tag/1Sttd%2BLACI

and

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/194

Edited by Fhav6X

• 2 weeks later...

Update

The mod is now on v 1.1.

https://github.com/Fhav6X/Stronghold-turns-to-days-Mod-Sttd-/releases/tag/1.1

• Adventures spawn now time based
  • Adventure completion is still turn based
  • Adventures no longer dependent on prestige
  • fixed a ridicules dependency between prestige and security in the taxing algorithm
    (Prestige nullified security, if it got bigger. That is why one had outcomes like "500 Bandits/ 500 self" at 1pre 1sec
    and at 30pre and 30sec)
Edited by Fhav6X

• 3 weeks later...

Did you check if the Assembly-CSharp.dll is really in the PoE Managed folder. It must have 3.661.312 bytes and has to be the only one their with this name.

It should not matter, if it is an already running game.

And also check, if resting 5 days (15 rests) triggers taxing?

Edited by Fhav6X

• 3 weeks later...

@protopersona

Without further look at Patchwork Launcher, I say: no, it is not compatible. And no I will not make a compatible version (not in the mood for it).

I intend to release my final version this weekend. I will release a list of all the changes I have done with it. Then you can make a file for Patchwork Launcher yourself.

Went ahead and took the plunge. Used Patchworks Launcher to patch a few bug fix mods into your adjusted file. I have not encountered any errors or crashes so far. I'll keep you posted if that changes I guess.

You should really upload your final release to Nexus Mods. There's no other stronghold mods out there.

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Version 1.2 is out.

It fixes a bug in the vanilla

see here https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74559-bug-average-adventure-disappeared/

This bug occurs when a new adventure with the same turns as the current turns of an already existing one is engaged. Due to the use of the same turn-count variable the new adventure get out of bound and is removed as if it never have been there. To fix it, I had to give every adventure a different turn number.

The only playable solution was, to set the base duration of an adventure to 0 and subtract on turn for every consecutive adventure. This way the adventures show negative numbers, but will all be fulfilled on the next turn.

Why was this bug overlooked?

Well the circumstances for it to happen are very special and very rare in an unmoded game. Due to the higher rate of Adventures in my mod this is much more likely to occur.

It is sadly another example, why the turn system was not a good idea.

@protopersona

My mod changes file is now on the github page.

Edited by Fhav6X

• 1 month later...

I made a new mod "level and ability cap increaser (LACI)" and added it to Sttd

What does LACI do?
- This mod increases the level AND the ability cap to level 20.  ( Yep, just 20 but with abilities ;). You won't know where to put them all )
- This mod removes the helm restrictions for Godlike. Their boons are worth nothing at level 20 and so this restriction is no longer justified.
- This mod removes the bonus xp for smaller parties and the penalty for not-in-Party-PCs. Main PC and all other party PC always get 130% of the base xp. Exception are PCs on adventure. They get the +X% xp extra. ( I to often found myself solo, missing a lot of comments from the others, just to get more xp for me and the companions)

Sttd got a minor tweek to its stronghold event chances. Otherwise its to boring in the endgame.

• 1 month later...

@ Fhav6X

First, thanks for this mod.

Where did you make your edits in dnSpy? I'd like to try to edit it myself.

It's what I have been using to edit as well. Check out my posts.

Also (a bit off the topic), what about opening all pet slots and changing allowed classes for soulbound items. You seem to know the assembly fairly well.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Fhav6X,

Great mod man, my completionist heart loves it.

Potential bug report here : "Adventure type is set about 10 days before adventure spawns" and no longer depends on the Prestige value of the Stronghold.
I assume you determine the type of quest randomly, but I apparently always fail to get the "Average" quests (the ones that used to last 2 turns). 
Maybe i just got boned by the RNG repeatedly tho.

Cheers !

J.

• 11 months later...

Any chance of getting a separate mod just for: "fixed a ridicules dependency between prestige and security in the taxing algorithm (Prestige nullified security, if it got bigger. That is why one had outcomes like "500 Bandits/ 500 self" at 1pre 1sec and at 30pre and 30sec)"?  I would love to have this fixed, but the rest of this mod isn't for me.  I understand why others use it, but I am using IEmod to increase the experience required to level and the workaround to implement the main feature (stronghold turns to days) would drive me nuts with the -1.  

If not, I am perfectly willing to spend the time to learn and do this myself if I can get pointed in the right direction...