The official Trailer.

I'm currently playing KotOR yet another time, but this time on my xbox for a change and i could help noticing the sheer good quality of the trailer that's played each time you start KotOR, it really gets you in the mood of playing a great game set in the Star Wars-universe.

My question is then, will the devs do a trailer with the same quality and release just before KotOR II hits the shelves? Or will they choose to just let the name 'KotOR II' be the primary hype?

Opinions?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They will probably release a offical trailer soon. However we must keep in mind that aside from people like us who LOVE Star Wars don't know about Sith Lords yet. Only the most deticated of deticated fans of KOTOR are here now. When the trailer is released in the future more and more media will be available Im sure. There will probably be about 2 or 3 offical trailers before the game is released.

They will probably release a offical trailer soon. However we must keep in mind that aside from people like us who LOVE Star Wars don't know about Sith Lords yet. Only the most deticated of deticated fans of KOTOR are here now. When the trailer is released in the future more and more media will be available Im sure. There will probably be about 2 or 3 offical trailers before the game is released.

I don't think that means anything.

The original KOTOR had a trailer out long before even starwars fans knew what was going on. Only Starwars fans who were also bigtime game fans knew ahead of time what a good game this was going to be, because not only were BIOWARE dreaming of a starwars rpg, on some level we all were. what this all boils down to is

KOTOR SHOULD HAVE A TRAILER BY NOW!!!!!!!!!!

we must keep in mind that aside from people like us who LOVE Star Wars don't know about Sith Lords yet. Only the most deticated of deticated fans of KOTOR are here now.

FALSE :angry:

Don't be so impatient for a trailer.

I would much rather that the Dev team focus on making the best possible game rather than spend all day catering to creating hype material to keep us satiated until then.

I imagine the game will have an official trailer, and yes I hope it is as good as the trailer from KOTOR. However, there is a lot of time between now and February.

Don't be so impatient for a trailer.

I would much rather that the Dev team focus on making the best possible game rather than spend all day catering to creating hype material to keep us satiated until then.

I imagine the game will have an official trailer, and yes I hope it is as good as the trailer from KOTOR. However, there is a lot of time between now and February.

EnderWiggin, in the gaming industry they have specific people who work on these trailors. It isn't like the coders/programmers/graphic designers/sound artist all take a break in their work and start working on a trailor. There is other specific people who do things like that.

I understand that a coder won't be doing the trailer. It will likely be the same team member responsible for models, or textures.

The point being, there isn't a team member lying around with no purpose other than making a trailer. They have another job. You turn around and complain the game will be just like KOTOR:1, and I would contend if they spent from now until February merely babysitting the online community, that's what you would get.

They have only a few months left to produce a sequel to a very popular and well-received game. I'd rather they focus more on game, and less on hooplah. I expect they plan to have a trailer, and a trailer will be made. However, statements like I WANT A TRAILER TODAY, and GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE YESTERDAY, and A FULL FEATURE LIST SET IN STONE are silly.

I'd love material to whet my appetite, but I'd prefer a well-designed game with a good attention to detail.

I understand that a coder won't be doing the trailer. It will likely be the same team member responsible for models, or textures.

The point being, there isn't a team member lying around with no purpose other than making a trailer. They have another job. You turn around and complain the game will be just like KOTOR:1, and I would contend if they spent from now until February merely babysitting the online community, that's what you would get.

They have only a few months left to produce a sequel to a very popular and well-received game. I'd rather they focus more on game, and less on hooplah. I expect they plan to have a trailer, and a trailer will be made. However, statements like I WANT A TRAILER TODAY, and GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE YESTERDAY, and A FULL FEATURE LIST SET IN STONE are silly.

I'd love material to whet my appetite, but I'd prefer a well-designed game with a good attention to detail.

Again, you have seperate people who do trailors. And they just dont do trailors. These are the same people resonsible for releasing screenshots into the internet/magazines and releasing movies into the internet. I forgot the name of the person who would do something like this (Media something....) but there is a specific person(s) who do these types of things.

So doing trailors WONT slow down or hinder the development process.

well said

I understand that a coder won't be doing the trailer.  It will likely be the same team member responsible for models, or textures.

The point being, there isn't a team member lying around with no purpose other than making a trailer.  They have another job.  You turn around and complain the game will be just like KOTOR:1, and I would contend if they spent from now until February merely babysitting the online community, that's what you would get.

They have only a few months left to produce a sequel to a very popular and well-received game.  I'd rather they focus more on game, and less on hooplah.  I expect they plan to have a trailer, and a trailer will be made.  However, statements like I WANT A TRAILER TODAY, and GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE YESTERDAY, and A FULL FEATURE LIST SET IN STONE are silly.

well said

Again, read my reply.

It isn't like the programmers and concept artist and level designers all say "Hey, its 2PM, lets work on a trailor!!!!!". No, there is people out there called Media.....Media....damn I can't remember but it is Media something. Anyways, THESE people handle the creation of screenshots, movies, and trailors. The programmers, graphics artist, etc....has nothing to do with this. So it won't and can't slow down the development process.

People, get that into your heads.....