HUGE ENDING SPOILERS OMG SO MANY SPOILERS YOU WERE WARNED!!!!!

So, I'm at Ondra's Spire at the end with Tekehu, and he's complaining that the ancient Huana covenant with Ngati (aka Ondra) was misused by the Engwithans to create the storm around Ukaizo.

Uh, hang on just a sec . . .

The Engwithans CREATED the gods.  It's not POSSIBLE that they could have "misused" any godly gifts because they FRIGGIN CREATED THE GODS.  Saying they "misused" the gift of the gods is like saying that I'm not allowed to use my own backscratcher to scratch my knee.  You could make any number of complaints about their conduct, but HOW did the Huana have a pact with Ondra BEFORE ONDRA EXISTED?!

Okay, I realize it's all kinda vague, but this is SCREWY.

Of course, it could just be that Tekehu doesn't really understand what's going on, after all, he wasn't at Sun in Shadow to witness Thaos' confession of how the Engwithans created the gods, so in Tekehu's mind the Engwithans are responsible for screwing up what the gods actually wanted. I wouldn't rule THAT out.

• Like 2

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

I also don't get why Eothas destroying the Wheel is supposed to be such a big deal.  Yeah, okay, it mediates the essence cycle that feeds the gods power and enables kith to reincarnate.

EXCEPT . . . the Engwithans created the Wheel et al.  So they had a perfectly functioning soul cycle with ZERO divine intervention or celestial machinery in the past SOMEHOW.  Xoti's quest seems to indicate that the Adra works as a soul battery just fine if someone goes around and manually picks up the souls.  But, still, there must have been SOME kind of automatic natural process in the prehistoric past for the Engwithans even to EXIST in the FIRST PLACE.  If the soul cycle CAN'T run on its own, no one would have ever existed in the FIRST place.

You could argue that, due to their mining and use of adra, the Engwithans borked up the natural process so they HAD to create a machine to do it.  But this isn't ever mentioned, so it kinda leads me to believe that whoever wrote all this hooey just never considered that angle, otherwise they would have at least hung a lampshade over it.

• Like 1

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Honestly, I think the best ending is the one where you tell Eothas you want to fight and he just explodes you and moves on.  Really, there was NO POINT for you to even be there, you could have just shacked up in a tavern for the duration and Eothas could have FedEx'd your soul back to you once he was done with it.

I kind of wish that you COULD convince him to end the world just because that's the only option where YOU DECIDE SOMETHING, even if it's stupid and it sucks.

• Like 1