So, I have Xoti in my party. I have a 0 reputation with her. I did her side-quest and made her really like the dark. All makes sense that she's super creepy now.

I barely just added Pallegina  to the party, and she starts screaming at her about her anti-religious ways.

Then she starts going on about how she has feelings for Eder... Even though Eder has been nothing but cold to her all game.

Then she starts hitting on me! Even though I have a 0 reputation with her.

I don't know if this is on-purpose or not given the end of her side-quest. But it seems like events are just triggering for her really fast, and I don't know if this is on purpose or a bug in the game?

• Like 1

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76

I don't know about the rest, but hearing that Xoti has feelings for Eder is no shocker for me.  They're both Eothasians, both come from farming backgrounds.  They seem to have a lot in common, though IIRC Eder's a bit older than Xoti is.

As for Pallegina, I never thought of her as being particularly anti-religious, though I suppose this could easily be something new for this game.  That'll stink though because Xoti is the only priest among the companions or sidekicks.  And, at least in PoE1, I always loved having Pallegina along.

As for Pallegina, I never thought of her as being particularly anti-religious, though I suppose this could easily be something new for this game.  

If you look under reputations, that's one of her quirks. Xoti gets all mad at her I guess for having it.

• Like 1

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76

I think the Pallegina - Xoti fight is bugged, because it does happen ASAP. They will bicker a bit if you have them in the same party, so I expect that the blow-up fight was supposed to come later, but a trigger got missed somewhere.

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest, but hearing that Xoti has feelings for Eder is no shocker for me.  They're both Eothasians, both come from farming backgrounds.  They seem to have a lot in common, though IIRC Eder's a bit older than Xoti is.

As for Pallegina, I never thought of her as being particularly anti-religious, though I suppose this could easily be something new for this game.  That'll stink though because Xoti is the only priest among the companions or sidekicks.  And, at least in PoE1, I always loved having Pallegina along.

Palle's expanded backstory is... unfortunate.   Basically it turns out that

she hates Hylea because she was really emo as a teenager and was gonna commit suicide unless an animancer fixed her nose.  So he broke her godlike-ness, and it turns out she didn't have the 'normal' Avian godlike appearance all along.

Yay.  The woman with no agency was further reduced to a whiny teenage retcon, and that's why she's so angry and stuff.

Edited by Voss

I think telling her to keep on makes her dark and she snaps. Whereas I think convincing her to get rid of the souls through adra or possibly animancers helps her calm down. I am guessing this based on the dialogue since I haven't seen her endings yet.

Edited by Tamyn
  • Like 1

Xoti becomes crazy if she is convinced to keep the souls.

That said, Pallegina and Xoti fight seems to be bugged since it triggers immediately Xoti gets negative disposition towards Pallegina. And I never got Eder vs Xoti fight since they both remained on good terms disposition wise on my playthrough, but it seems its supposed to be about Xoti having crush on Eder while Eder is uncomfortable about her religiousness. In my ending slide, it concluded with basically "Watcher encouraged them to get along so Eder stopped distancing himself from Xoti because of her beliefs and Xoti realized she was being pushy with her girlish crush and so they become good friends"

Edited by BrokenMask

I also had the other side of the Xoti-Pellagina fight, where Pellagina triggers it, play out twice in a row right after one another.  I mean, the exact same fight, same dialogue, same choices etc.  As soon as the fight ended the first time, she started again right away.  Their relationship seems to be very bugged.

Telling Xoti to release the souls into the adra makes her dark, telling her to keep them makes her light, it's a bit backwards, but when you tell her to release the souls, they rebound and she absorbs more souls from the adra into the lantern, telling her to stop and keep them actually has her release them into the adra.

Can use tekehu, he has lots of heals and stuff.

I'm definitely sure different parts of the relationship system/companion triggers are bugged. I mean both Maia and Tekehu started hitting on my PC like within 2-3 ingame hours of recruiting them. My reputation with them is still understandably zero, so I don't think that's normal? Unless that is deliberate and both of them are meant to be super horny.

Edited by CAlmond

As many have mentioned, I got a fight between Xoti and Pallegina early. The moment after I walked out of the hallway after recruiting Pallegina, Xoti yells "I've HAD IT with you!" and my eyebrows nearly shot off my face.

Xoti is definitely less insane when you go down the romance route and have her give souls to the animancers, but she will always have some fixation with death as part of her religion.

Well, in my playthrough i had Xoti not romanced (had my eyes set on Maia) and released the souls into luminous adra and she wasn't especially nutty.

She did start screeching at Pallegina the first time i took them out together, but you know... Women, how do they work?