Completed the game as pure rogue (assassin) for science - it's actually great

@Aramintai, thanks alot of the pictures, some sweet gear there indeed. Especially that sword Duskfall, any idea where you got it? I need it now. And I wonder how that Fair Favor (again, where did you get this? :D) crit chance works - is it just 15% hit to crit conversion or something else? 

I don't recall where I got all of this stuff, but Duskfall was somewhere pretty early.

Killer gloves you can get first from the crate if you didn't save Chitupec in the beginning, but I got them later somewhere else.

Miscreant's Leathers armor is from the guy you can kill in Deadlight fortress quest. I recall I went there first after Fort Maje and then went to Neketaka (got Modwyr there), where I did all the quests available, after that it's all a random blur, sorry :).

Iirc, Stalking Cloak and Aldris Blade are in the Ashen Maw (main quest) and when play the game again I'll probably move my main quest progress there asap, because quest after that finally brings sense to all the faction rep gaining and exploring.

Keep in mind though that most of these weapons are upgraded - some of these perks only appear with enchanting.

Crit chance is what it is - a chance to crit on hit.

Edited by Aramintai

Especially that sword Duskfall, any idea where you got it? I need it now. 

Answering my own questions again, Duskfall is from Family Pride and that's the next quest I'll be doing...

I imagine all the 'crit chance' is hit to crit conversion unless someone proves me otherwise. That should still be around 90% crit chance with gambit, which is good enough to finish any combat?

Edited by Clerith

Especially that sword Duskfall, any idea where you got it? I need it now. 

Answering my own questions again, Duskfall is from Family Pride and that's the next quest I'll be doing...

Oh, great :) It actually is pretty early.

I am running a Pure Assassin with these stats

Might 18

Con 7

Dex 20

Per 18

Int 5

Resolve 10

Should I be duel wielding to max DPS?  And if yes or no, what weapon(s) should I be using? 

Way to min/max :rolleyes: . What difficulty are you planning with these? I wouldn't drop INT so far if I were you - all of those lasting abilities, like invisibility ones will be very short. Also, if you're playing assassin you should watch your CON and get some CON raising items asap, and later Tough ability, because you'll receive extra 15% damage penalty.

When I played on Classic I went with this:

Might 16
Con 8
Dex 15
Per 16
Int 13
Resolve 10

As for weapons, if you're a min/maxer and not playing for fun you should go with two-handed swords, but they're slow so look for gear that reduces recovery time.
Edited by Aramintai

As for weapons, if you're a min/maxer and not playing for fun you should go with two-handed swords, but they're slow so look for gear that reduces recovery time.

Dual wield full attacks do more than 2h attacks from stealth with Assassin, even if the second hit doesn't get the stealth bonus and deathblows, I thought?

By the way, the fancy hat description says Serafen gives it to you. Do you remember this? If not, do you remember how you resolved his personal quest?

Dual wield full attacks do more than 2h attacks from stealth with Assassin, even if the second hit doesn't get the stealth bonus and deathblows, I thought?

By the way, the fancy hat description says Serafen gives it to you. Do you remember this? If not, do you remember how you resolved his personal quest?

Well, two-handers were definitely doing the biggest numbers in the beta, and some rogue's abilities only use primary attack. So if the guy wants to min/max and one shot enemies...

Personally, I just can't picture rogues backstabbing people with big two-handed swords, so for me it's either single-handed or dual-wielding.

As for Serafen I let his friend go and didn't snitch on him.

Does Gambit work with a blunderbuss? More chances to crit and more refill of rogue point?

With blunderbuss, it's only the first projectil that count. I tested and even if you get 5 critic you can still loose some points. Now I don't know how the mortar blunderbuss work with gambit.

lol @ hearth orlan assassin 17/9/21/21/13/9 stats (with +2 all stats unlock), lvl 2 and highest single target hit is already 65dmg with normal white sabers. dual sabres so far because those swords in a previous post look sweet. 

I wonder if you can chant while invisible as a assassin/chanter multi-class. Seems like a wierd combo from a roleplaying perspective, but with brilliance inspiration, you can just sit around while invisible regaining Guile, all while harming enemies with phrases, backstab right before the invisibility expires, re-invisible again, repeat.

I always prefer to have a rogue be a flanker instead of doing an Invis ambush EVERY fight. It is effective but it can be tiresome. I know there are talents that make you invisible, so those are worth it. Do you usually use stealth (e.g. scouting mode) before all encounters?