Characters dying before receiving 3 injuries

ontopoly

Question

My characters keep permanently dying even though they have no injuries. This has happened to me with multiple different enemies for the last 10 hours of gameplay. I haven't seen a single injury since. Anyone know what's happening? I've tried resting multiple times with different types of food but nothing works.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Resurrecting this thread because I am also having this problem while fighting Nemnok.

It always happens 15 - 20 minutes into the fight, and it only happens to my Watcher. It doesn't matter how much health she has or how much Nemnok has. It's happened when he was at 5%, and when he was at 75%. My watcher has died from full with no injuries, and she's died when she's been unconscious with one for three minutes beforehand. Nothing I do seems to make a difference, but about 15 - 20 minutes in my watcher dies and I game over, every time.

I've tried the fight with a Death Wardstone up and that didn't make a difference. The pet I have out every time is Prissy.

Resurrecting this thread, because it's still there and I found it very disgusting. I was playing PoTD with mage main, but don't get me wrong I was able to compensate with this thing since it's always happened to my tank instead but now, after I've wasted ton of hours in this game, I fought against "Frightened Child" and boy, he one shot me from afar. Is this intentional? Cause whether it was or not, this is ridiculous.

Not gonna touch this game ever again since I've found the dev's to be so toxic. This is an offense to the players who want to play hard by obeying the system, but didn't get elaborated about the system very well (hence the insta-kill mechanics). If you are too dense to get it then let me tell you, losing PoTD save without understand what's going on feels like "having your late game MMORPG account banned from unknown reasons." That's how it feels.

And there I was putting so much hope on you guys to be a big company.

And no, I'm not that idiot to put Grog.

Never make game again, this is a very offensive development team. Disgusting.

4 hours ago, Ahmad Bakri said:

Resurrecting this thread, because it's still there and I found it very disgusting. I was playing PoTD with mage main, but don't get me wrong I was able to compensate with this thing since it's always happened to my tank instead but now, after I've wasted ton of hours in this game, I fought against "Frightened Child" and boy, he one shot me from afar. Is this intentional? Cause whether it was or not, this is ridiculous.

are you sure you're talking about the same issue as this thread?

a) frightened child is supposed to be a very hard fight. if you don't know the mechanics of the fight, you should figure it out. on PotD taking the fight naively will end up getting you utterly defeated very quickly. that includes being hit hard by very powerful spells that can come close to or actually one-shot weaker characters.

b) among other things, some enemies (incl in frightened child's fight, and especially many enemies in Forgotten Sanctum) will use Disintegration which--if you get knocked out with Disintegration--will result in annihilation, which is permadeath regardless of how many injuries you have.

c) there are some spells that are intentionally instakill effects if it strikes a Near Death target, including your own party members. Frightened Child definitely features a few of them (Petrification is the one that hit my near-death mirke in my last run, which did in fact permanently paralyze her).

how did you lose your PotD save?