Sealed Fate quest: Avetta bugged

Teacher

Question

After getting the Sealed Fate quest, I found and opened the satchel. Discovering the details of what's to happen I tried to talk to Avetta about it but all she would say to me was "Stop him!" (Screenshot 1). Haven't talked to her before that moment.

Tried talking to Degnos and tell him "[Leave] I'm not interested in your explanations" and the captain would still not talk to me.

Since she asked me to stop him I tried killing Degnos but Avetta still kept saying "Stop him!"

After talking to Degnos and choosing either solution (give items back/forget the plan), Avetta begins responding again saying our business is resolved (screenshot 3).

Screenshot 2 shows the quest log in case it's useful.

post-47735-0-89339400-1526081054_thumb.jpg

post-47735-0-88583300-1526081068_thumb.jpg

post-47735-0-41667300-1526081075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Teacher

11 answers to this question

I had this bug today. Managed a workaround.

Did you arrive in the district via the Undercroft boat, or any means other than the intra-city travel screen? If you travel through the city you should get an encounter with the Principi captain involved. Avetta's dialogue should trigger correctly afterwards.

• Like 1

I had this bug today. Managed a workaround.

Did you arrive in the district via the Undercroft boat, or any means other than the intra-city travel screen? If you travel through the city you should get an encounter with the Principi captain involved. Avetta's dialogue should trigger correctly afterwards.

That's how I got there yes, via boat. I'll load an earlier save and try that, thank you!

Edit: Your workaround worked. Captain is talking as she should after the encounter!

Edited by Teacher

There is no way for me to stop him escaping, it is really annoying me right now.

i can kill him and she tells me i should have captured him, i can talk to her and she instantly tells me he escaped, i can talk to him and he will act as if i did not turn him in yet.

I replayed the whole quest and tried different things with the pirate encounter in the street, too.

i am really annoyed right now, so i better stop writing.

There is no way for me to stop him escaping, it is really annoying me right now.

i can kill him and she tells me i should have captured him, i can talk to her and she instantly tells me he escaped, i can talk to him and he will act as if i did not turn him in yet.

I replayed the whole quest and tried different things with the pirate encounter in the street, too.

i am really annoyed right now, so i better stop writing.

Yea i have run after him talked him with 10+times but he one say "Hylea grant me wings!" (like when you try to talk to random NPCs). I guess he go and hide somewhere in the lower parts of the town and you hopefully can find him there.

I encountered this bug as well, it seems it is caused by skipping the street encounter and getting to queens berth by other means(undercroft). It would be nice to see a portion of this quest added where you get to avetta before being confronted in the street, and instead set an ambush for them with her.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Teacher said:

After getting the Sealed Fate quest, I found and opened the satchel. Discovering the details of what's to happen I tried to talk to Avetta about it but all she would say to me was "Stop him!" (Screenshot 1). Haven't talked to her before that moment.

Tried talking to Degnos and tell him "[Leave] I'm not interested in your explanations" and the captain would still not talk to me.

Since she asked me to stop him I tried killing Degnos but Avetta still kept saying "Stop him!"

After talking to Degnos and choosing either solution (give items back/forget the plan), Avetta begins responding again saying our business is resolved (screenshot 3).

Screenshot 2 shows the quest log in case it's useful.

post-47735-0-89339400-1526081054_thumb.jpg

post-47735-0-88583300-1526081068_thumb.jpg

post-47735-0-41667300-1526081075_thumb.jpg

THIS ^^

Still an issue, even today in 2022. 😞 I suppose that means no fix was found. I did everything exactly as instructed. I even went through the undercroft to avoid the thugs, so as to NOT get any negative points for having to murder members of the faction I will most likely be siding with. I get there. I talk to the little weasel and the same thing happens as with OP.

Whether or not I talk to her FIRST before talking to him, or if I talk to him and then say "I am not interested in your explanations" she still only says "STOP HIM!".... yet he never ran anywhere lol. He is still standing there lol. Also if I resolve the quest and tell him I will not tell her if he stops his plans then it SEEMS to work. But that is not the outcome I am seeking. Nice. Real nice..

The issue is that the conversation "03_cv_avetta" has a conditional on both node "32" and "35" that prevent them from playing unless the variable "n_Sealed_Fate_Stage" is "EqualTo", "3" (which is assigned when Talfor greets you). This can be fixed by setting the conditional to instead check if the variable is "LessThanOrEqualTo", "3" and also check "IsQuestActive" "05_TSK_Sealed_Fate".

The expression in Apotheosis script:

IsQuestActive(05_TSK_Sealed_Fate)
and IsGlobalValue(n_Sealed_Fate_Stage, LessThanOrEqualTo, 3)

Alternatively you can enable cheats (IRoll20s) and set the variable using the following console command:

SetGlobalValue n_Sealed_Fate_Stage 3

This should (from what I have tested) allow all possible conversation options with both Avetta and Degnos to play correctly.