hi just thought i would post a quick guide on how i got Pallegina (companion) even after she has i guess broken her vows.

1.) first of all talk to her in queens birth, i was nice to her not sure if that helps(did not reload to test), i did sugggest she joins me in hunting down our enemies, she walked away.

2.) i went to the palace and spoke to the queen, pallegina was not there and had no option to recruit her, however the valian npc's said during the dialogue with the queen they will send for her(pallegina) and request she comes to the valian trading company headquarters in queens birth.

3.) here is the tricky part, if you go to valian headquarters and doors are locked and guards outside wont let you in (unless you turn hostile on them), so use the sewer grate next to them and go through to enter the toilets in order to remain non hostile, sneak out of the door and into the i guess reception room on the immediate right(down screen), pallegina is there and will now join your party, you can even exit through the main door and the guards outside will think nothing of it and remain non hostile.

hope this helps, like if it did.

EDIT: only posting this as i had trouble finding her and found nothing on the google search to help. correct anything if you find it wrong or want to add some insight.

Edited by Iceborg1307
  • Like 12

Did you go to the VTC HQ at night? Because it's always locked at night.

to confirm when i tried to enter both day and night they said its closed, at a later date it opened back up but cannot be sure when.

Then it's probably in fact related to the main quest. I was able to enter during the day before the audience in the palace, but Pallegina obviously wasn't there at this point.

Did you go to the VTC HQ at night? Because it's always locked at night.

to confirm when i tried to enter both day and night they said its closed, at a later date it opened back up but cannot be sure when.

Then it's probably in fact related to the main quest. I was able to enter during the day before the audience in the palace, but Pallegina obviously wasn't there at this point.

Nope, got there in the morning around 10 am, could simply walk in.

honestly, the wirting for this quest is absolutly HORRIBLE

what a wasted opportunity - they could have made a really cool story how you have to help her fight her way back into the order etc.. but the whole "quest" is so weird.... "hey get pallegine" "she's banned" "alright".... "hey pallegina you want to join" "well ok"... wut??

I also dislike that they changed her FOD and Avian abilities

Edited by Nemesis7884

honestly, the wirting for this quest is absolutly HORRIBLE

what a wasted opportunity - they could have made a really cool story how you have to help her fight her way back into the order etc.. but the whole "quest" is so weird.... "hey get pallegine" "she's banned" "alright".... "hey pallegina you want to join" "well ok"... wut??

I also dislike that they changed her FOD and Avian abilities

i agree, also alot of quests are somewhat very underwhelming, i would go in detail but im finished with it and donmt wana add to indepth spoilers about my experience, needless to say im not happy i had no undead army, if that was even a option. should have allied with slaves, to i guess open up more options, trying not to spoil things for guys reading this, but yeah search online and look for stuff if you feel so inclined.

Edited by Iceborg1307

I'd hoped, when starting PoE2, that Pallegina would be in it and would be recruitable. She was my favorite party member from the first game. So when I first encountered her and spoke to her, I was disappointed that I could not recruit her and thought that was the end of that. Reading your post has made me excited again that I can actually have her in my party. As a fun aside, when speaking to her for the first time, choose the dialogue that says that her downfall was a result of her disobeying orders. The resulting shouting and cursing is funny.