[Quest] Plucked fruit issue

Electrogasms

Question

Hey all!

I am trying to complete the Plucked Fruit quest in Tikawara.

I have advanced to the quest to the point where I need to confront Rongi on the beach at Midnight.

I followed him one night and confronted him, but I clicked "leave him alone", and Rongi hasn't returned to the beach ever since. I've waited several nights, and he's just hanging out at home now. There was no quest update to my journal. Is there a way to reset his pathing so I can catch him at the beach again?

Thanks for any tips!!

**I noticed I do not meet Insight req's for a dialogue option while speaking to Rongi in his hut. Maybe I'll reroll for Insight and see if I can finish this quest.

Edited by Electrogasms

17 answers to this question

Thanks for replying Chelsea.

I have been back and forth through that point of the beach several times in stealth and out, without finding any caches.

I literally just finished another quest nearby dealing with the hatchlings, so I can easily check.

** hmm, lvl 9 ranger and her pet bird usually spot hidden caches from a mile away; no luck for me anywhere on this beach. I must have messed something up.

Edited by Electrogasms

You are quite welcome. 

And when I say hidden, I mean purple highlighted high perception getting hidden. If you are not able to find it I would be more than happy to take a look at your save file to assist just in case this is a bug. I don't believe it is though.

- Chelsea

Excellent, Rongi will pay for his crimes!

But yes hopefully that will help, otherwise another option is grabbing your companions with the highest perception scores. Altoth usually works in my run-troughs.

- Chelsea

Cnealob,

I have a ranger w 17 perception and I'm not seeing any hidden (purple) caches on the beach. I spoke to Rongi with updated options and he still won't confess, nor does he ever leave his hut.

I'm not sure what else can be done, the completionist in me wants badly to finish this quest, but the realist says I'm better off moving on.

Thanks!

So in the backer beta there was an issue with the Plucked Fruit quest on Tikawara where you couldn't resolve the quest without taking the dried fruit from it's hiding place and giving it back to Mukumu despite telling Pekeho that you would keep his secret.

Unfortuanely this still seems to be an issue in the full release.

• Like 1

So in the backer beta there was an issue with the Plucked Fruit quest on Tikawara where you couldn't resolve the quest without taking the dried fruit from it's hiding place and giving it back to Mukumu despite telling Pekeho that you would keep his secret.

Yep, this is what just happened to me. I told him I'd keep his secret and the quest didn't update, nor can I do anything else about it.

Hmm, this is an odd one to be sure. I had done a play through right before release and found the fruit fine. If possible can I get a save file and output log from you Electrogasm? If it fails for me as well I'll be putting in a bug report straight away.

Other than that, I do hope this hasn't "plucked" out your excitement for Deadfire. Thank you all for your support.

- Chelsea

I've just done this quest and I can confirm that it's impossible to finish it without taking the fruit and giving it to the guard, accusing the real thief even after promising him to keep his secret.

• Like 1

Same.  Tikawaran agriculture is too important. 

The quest doesn't appear to have a 'Rongi wins' ending despite the dialog option indicating as much. 

Anyone know where to find Rongi? I can't find him anywhere to progress this quest.

edit: okay I guess he shows up at midnight. The guide says he's by the trading post, but he's not. But he did show up at the beach after midnight.

Edited by Masticator

So, I've looked it up, apparently there's a hint at the drying hut that points toward Rongi. I couldn't find it. I ended up reading Rongi's journal, and it tells me Rongi can be found on the beach at midnight (like what was posted above), I wait until midnight, and Rongi just chills out at his hut, and I can't progress his conversation any further than "What do you do here?" after the initial options.

It definitely felt like there should have been another option to resolve this quest with Mukumu or the ranga and a high alchemy/skill check to convince them to collect the seeds for a new crop.

Similar to above I had to loot the hidden fruit before I was able to finish the quest and had to give up one of the men for punishment.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2018 at 12:31 AM, Electrogasms said:

Hey all!

I am trying to complete the Plucked Fruit quest in Tikawara.

I have advanced to the quest to the point where I need to confront Rongi on the beach at Midnight.

I followed him one night and confronted him, but I clicked "leave him alone", and Rongi hasn't returned to the beach ever since. I've waited several nights, and he's just hanging out at home now. There was no quest update to my journal. Is there a way to reset his pathing so I can catch him at the beach again?

Thanks for any tips!!

**I noticed I do not meet Insight req's for a dialogue option while speaking to Rongi in his hut. Maybe I'll reroll for Insight and see if I can finish this quest.

He don't even get out from his house for me, have you waited outside the village or have you slept in one of the rooms ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...