Berkana's Folly quest bugg

vanpaladin

Question

Hi all.  I just got done with last part of the quest and got arkemyr's notes.  When i headed back to his manor, he was hostile to me and i couldnt finish the quest.  It told me that the quest failed when entered into combat with him.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Hi, vanpaladin. Is there any way you can attach a save game and/or your log files to this post? That would help us tremendously in narrowing down this issue. If not, then we'll still do our best to recreate it on this end and address it. Thank you very much for any further direction you can provide.

--Doug.

--Doug.

I got this problem too, I have try to remove some  of my companion but Arkemyr still turn hoetile to me, If I kill all the creature in the laboratory while I am stealing the stone plate, will it cause  Arkemyr turn hostile to me forever?

I'm experiencing the same issue.

When I walk into Arkemyr's Tower the Imp tells me to go speak to him at the scrying pool in the basement. However, immediately after speaking they turn hostile and start attacking. If I go into the basement and head over to the scrying pool he and his guards immediately turn hostile and start combat causing the questline to fail. 

I have attempted the following to see if it would resolve matters:

Reloading the game.
Verified the integrity of my game files on Steam.

Loading a save from Berkana's tower and re-doing the quest.

Entered his tower both solo, and with a party.

All attempts have lead to the same result.

Below you will find a link to dropbox with the game log, system information, and a save of my game at Arkemy's house before attempting to speak to the imp.

Thank you in advance for your hard work.

I have the same issue.

After I first accepted the quest, I killed most Imps & constructs in the first floor without turning Arkemyr hostile.
And now when I returned after completed the quest, there is no Imp in the first floor to tell me to go to the scrying pool and when I went down stair, everything is hostile to me.

Save file

Did any of you by any chance crack open the wall from the bath house basement?

This is what bugged it for me.

Everything is hostile but I do know that I took the backdoor in long before finishing Bekarna's Folly. I think breaking the wall triggers some sort of alarm that turns everything hostile

Everything is hostile but I do know that I took the backdoor in long before finishing Bekarna's Folly. I think breaking the wall triggers some sort of alarm that turns everything hostile

If I recall correctly, there is an alarm that can be disarmed with a mechanic check when breaking the wall.

If I recall correctly, there is an alarm that can be disarmed with a mechanic check when breaking the wall.

Might be, but I for sure set it off anyway xD

Might be, but I for sure set it off anyway xD

Ill get this information added to the bug we have for the alarms. Thanks for the post!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Just to share it with everyone else - there is a way to fix this with console commands, but you need to enable cheats so you will lose out on achievements.

Be outside of Arkemyrs mansion

SetTeamRelationship TEA_05_Arkemyr_Manor Player Friendly

SetGlobalValue b_Arkemyr_Alarm_Sounded 0

Now you should be able to head in and go downstairs and finish the quest.