[Quest]Family Pride Quest bug? -PEACEFUL SOLUTION FAILS

Eirin

Question

So I want to turn this quest in peacefully but what I did is got them both to agree to negotiate then went wondering around for a few hours, discovered the plot and came back. Now whenever I go see the Valera rather than be able to initiate talks they just talk about how their cousin is there and needs rescuing and if I don't agree to help them they attack me and Pallegina leaves. Equally if I report to Bardetto's first about the plot she then refuses to negotiate despite agreeing to it and calls me faint of heart but doesn't attack?

• Like 1

I realise that I am a bit late to the party having only just started the game (slacker I know!) but this quest line is still bugged.

Ezzeli has agreed to meet but when I speak to Atello & Son my only options are to agree to rescue the cousin from the vault or to refuse at which point they become hostile. Agreeing to the rescue means that the entire Bardatto household is hostile as soon as I enter their house. I might be able to stealth my way to the vault (haven't tried yet) and rescue the cousin but I assume this will mean that I have chosen to side with Ezzeli rather than achieving a peaceful resolution with both families?

Advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Just had the same heartburn with this questline, but I was able to get around it.  I think the problem is with the idiotic timer - I think it starts as soon as you deal with the Valera people in the Hole tavern in the Gullet.  So, for instance, if you go to the tavern, crash the meet, and then continue on questing in the zone and other zones instead of immediately hightailing it back to the Bardatto lady - you know, like you would in *every other game of this type ever made* - you're going to get screwed and stupid papa Valera will be slapping his son regardless of whether you try and convince mama Bardatto to make peace.

However!  I was able to use a mod to get around Obsidian's garbage quest design.  If you download the unity console mod (link below), you can edit all sorts of things, *including* quest related global variables.  So, if you walk into casa Valera hoping to sue for peace and find yourself completely screwed, follow these steps:

1. Open the game journal

2. Open the unity console (Ctrl + F8 - though its rare, be careful as this can sometimes not register and instead load your latest quick save)

3. Click the toggle for global variables as well as the one for the filter (you should see a big window filled with wonky looking variable names like n_we_suck_at_coding)

4. In the filter box, search for "heist" (in my game, I saw 3 options and I clicked the clear button to the right of all of them except the one labeled trap_master or something like that)

5. Once the variables no longer appear in the window, close out of the journal and talk to papa Valera - he should no longer start slapping his son

Good luck out there!  And Obsidian...guys...come on.  This is absurd.

I tried accessing the console but couldn't get that to work. In retrospect that is perhaps as well because doing so apparently 'flags' your game and disables all achievement reporting from that point onwards.

As for the quest, well, that is still messed up but I eventually resolved it (somewhat unsatisfactorily) by slaughtering the entire Bardatto household and releasing the imprisoned Valera. I then returned to the Valera household to claim my reward but they still insisted that I go back to the Bardattos and clear up any 'loose ends'. Even though all the Bardattos were already dead I had to enter their house again and travel back to the Valeras at which point the quest, finally, gets marked as complete.

It seems pretty clear that the quest is designed to be done in a very specific sequence and straying from the prescribed path definitely throws it out of whack...……….and inadvertently doing that is all too easy.

I finally decided to play this game, now that all the DLC is out and my friends have told me that turn-based mode is solid enough to play with.

Ran into this problem on my playthrough. Disappointed to see that this quest remains bugged in this manner.

Edited by Korica

Yup. Just run into this issue yesterday with the latest patch.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Also I had the problem with expired hidden heist timer and all absurds, that may produce this quest because of that...

I managed to workaround it with native PoE2 console.

After finishing small quest for Bardatto (

Spoiler

killed heist conspirators except Valera member in the Hole

), I returned to Bardatto with report about planned heist, after reporting refused participation in the ambush, conversation ended, but then began conversation again, suggested negotiations attempt (such option appeared now), then went to Valera's house, then before conversation with family's head I've run the console and input such stuff subsequently:

to enable cheating (blocks achievements, sadly):

iroll20s

(enter)

setglobalvalue b_VD_Heist_Time_Passed 0

(enter)

setglobalvalue n_VD_The_Heist_Valera 0

(enter)

setglobalvalue n_VD_The_Heist_main 0

(enter)

Some of the above might be redundant, not sure, but only after the last setglobalvalue instead of "bazzo" sentence (still there after first) or another variant for heist already in progress (after the second), I finally got conversation with negotiating option and finished whole quest this way.