[Quest]Family Pride Quest bug? -PEACEFUL SOLUTION FAILS

Eirin

Question

So I want to turn this quest in peacefully but what I did is got them both to agree to negotiate then went wondering around for a few hours, discovered the plot and came back. Now whenever I go see the Valera rather than be able to initiate talks they just talk about how their cousin is there and needs rescuing and if I don't agree to help them they attack me and Pallegina leaves. Equally if I report to Bardetto's first about the plot she then refuses to negotiate despite agreeing to it and calls me faint of heart but doesn't attack?

• Like 1

I am stuck at this same spot too.  

I would really appreciate some answer on if this is intended or something that may get fixed in a later patch. I see no plot reason why I wouldn't be able to get them to talk after supposedly stopping the heist and I don't get why the heist goes through after supposedly stopping it to begin with.

I ran into this but I found if you don't tell the Valera family you know about their vault heist and go right to talking about 'trouble with their neighbors', you don't get pegged as helping them with the heist and it won't trigger the hostile encounter with the Bardetto's.

I think what happens is that if you tell them that they know, the game acts as though they've already broken in and you've been tasked to help them and then it assumes you're assisting the heist. 

So just skip telling them and go right to talking about negotiating.  

• Like 1

I ran into this but I found if you don't tell the Valera family you know about their vault heist and go right to talking about 'trouble with their neighbors', you don't get pegged as helping them with the heist and it won't trigger the hostile encounter with the Bardetto's.

I think what happens is that if you tell them that they know, the game acts as though they've already broken in and you've been tasked to help them and then it assumes you're assisting the heist. 

But the problem is once I discovered the plot there's no other dialogue options available for the Valera family. If I approach them, even if I haven't reported them yet, they just go on on their own little spat b**** slapping each other and there's no negotiation option available, they demand I help them and that's it!

But the problem is once I discovered the plot there's no other dialogue options available for the Valera family. If I approach them, even if I haven't reported them yet, they just go on on their own little spat b**** slapping each other and there's no negotiation option available, they demand I help them and that's it!

So you've talked to the head Ezzali and said you wanted to try to talk to the head of the Valera family instead of fighting? 

I had not talked to the Valera family until I did all the quests for the Bardetto's and then talked to them after she agreed that I would talk them into meeting. Might be a sequence of events thing and/or a bug.

The heist triggered for me even after I successfully completed Family Pride with a truce/partnership between Valera and Bardetto. This is definitely not WAD since Family Pride can't be updated or reopened after it's completion, and you doesn't get any new quests to rescue the Valera cousin in the Vault.

If you trigger the heist before Family Pride is completed though, the Family Pride quest is properly updated. Also curious on how the heist progressed, even after I had killed several of those involved in The Gullet.

Hello, all. I'm sorry you've run into this issue. Is there any way one (or more) of you could attach a save game file where this is occurring? That would help us out tremendously. If not, we'll get a handle on it here. In the meantime, thank you for your patience while we look into the issue.

--Doug.

--Doug.

I could get the peaceful solution even though I had found the plot for the heist and also had shooed off the seamen from the tavern (?...I guess that was it).

It was absolutely necessary to stay away from the dialogue options related to these family-specific sidequests, or they would go to war immediately.

Hey im doing this quest right now...

If your doing the Sinking Feeling quest for Ezzali, you can turn the quest in and tell her your findings about the vault brake-in.

All 3 options you get for turning in(traitor Bear, schematics, Persa) trigger the same bug... if you turn in the quest and you then ask her about the peace talks...

What happens is, you get teleported to Valera estate... - for talks.

But the brake-in sequence gets started before hand.... so you brake the quest.

The quest Bugs in the Hole when you first meet Persa and Bear...( at this time Atellos sequence changes)

1. Option for peace talks at Ezzalis should get removed but it doesnt... - easy fix

2. (The captains and Atellos talk sequence should change get fixed) - proper fix.

The option for peace talks only gets removed when you talk to the captain in the vault or when you go to Valera estate and you talk to Atello.

If you want to negotiate peace (as intended) for Family Pride quest you need to talk to Ezzali and Atello before you see Persa... this way you dont have to kill one side after the talks...

Ow and there is a bug in the P eace talks sequence.

When they fail. ezzali attacks.... all Valera get killed instantly except Atello, he bugs... there is to many combinations to list them here... hope it helps ...

Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file./..... sory i cant upload save file dont know why... :(

Edited by urosdot

Same problem.
I have finished both smaller Q for both families and then I made peace between families.

Ezzalis is ok.
She will give me a reward and thank me.

But Atello is mess.
Once I talk to him after the peace is closed, he begins to talk about his cousin locked in valut.
This does not start any Q, because my "Family pride" was already solved, but after this talk is Ezzalis and her people hostile.

I actually was able to do this quest, which is a massive surprise considering how ****ed up all of the other quest triggers are in this game.

It's almost like no-one at Obsidian ever played the game.

Or played the game with full knowledge of how the quest is supposed to progress and therefore didn’t find any of the bugs that one would find just stumbling through it. I’m enjoying the game but am really disappointed by all the bugs I’m finding.
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I just opened an account to post on this thread.

I have just started the quest "A Sinking Feeling" where I'm supposed to find out a heist plot by the Valeras.

The questline should be : talk to Zili Valera, go to Hole's backroom, eavesdrop the talk between Perza and some thugs about the heist, report back to Ezalli Bardatto.

At any point during this quest I talk to Valera boss, he always tells me the same thing : that the heist went wrong and a cousin, Belda, was caught.

This happens even before I talk to Zili, which is weird since the heist shouldn't have started.

I have the save file for it and I'd appreciate it if the devs would take a look into this issue.

This is what I had to do to finish the quest without siding with one family (at least worked for me):

1-Dont inform what you have found about the heist.

2-Talk to Ezzali and ask her for the families struggle. Tell her that Atello wants to talk and procede to de reunion in Atello's house.

3-Succed in the negotiations to make an alliance.

4-Go talk first to Ezzali (Dont talk to Atello yet. This is very important.). She will tell you that she does not forgot the debt she have with you and will give you a mace.

5-Go talk to Atello and make sure you have the requisites to hit Martino (not because its needed, but because someone has to pay for this bug) and agree to save Belda.

6-Go to the vault, kill all, loot all and dont forget to save Belda.

7-Talk to Atello. Martino will ask to kill Ezzali. Say you are not there for that and then select "It suposse I must trust you?" or something like that. End conversation.

8-Talk again to Atello. You will notice he has been brainwashed, its happy and loves you. He gives you something if Im right, I think...

If you talk to Ezzali nothing bad happens, If you talk to Martino tell him that both families rock and ignore him. The only thing I could not fix its that if you talk Atello again he will ask you if Ezzali family its already dead. I dont know if its important or not in the future. I cant see any quest involving the families in my questlog either.

Hope it works for you guys.

Edited by Roda

I can't get to the alliance part. I got the quest A Sinking Feeling and I suggested to Atello and Ezzali to make peace. So when I go tell Atello that Ezzali will meet him, he does the "stupid bazzo" dialogue. In the quest A Sinking Feeling, I haven't talked to Zili Valera yet and I haven't sided with anyone. I can't find a way to make it peaceful. So I'm going to avoid the quest like the plague until I guess there's a patch for it. :/

Another way to resolve the quest peacefully. I ve done it on two different playthrought, so it should work out.

1. Solve the duel peacefully without anyone getting hurt (bluff or might check). This is important, at least when I tried other options, step 2 didn´t work.

2. Talk to Ezzali, accept her quest and suggest peace talks. You must have at least honest 2 for her to consider it.

3. Talk to Atello and Martino. Accept Martino´s quest. Solve the quest and return, then ask him for peacetalks as well.

4. Persue Ezzali´s quest, then go to the Hole in the gullet. I killed the conspiritors except for the Valera family member. At this stage, you should not waist time. Otherwise, the heist may advance.

5. Return to Ezzali. Turn in the quest and inform her about the involvement of her own guards. She will turn down peace talks at first, but don´t accept her quest. Instead leave the dialog, talk to her again and inform her that Atello wants to talk.

6. Resolve the peace talks.

You will be able to get both rewards, but you won´t be able to get into the vault. Dialog after the way I did it with Martino suggest that the heist won´t happen.

Edited by Sarakash
  • Like 1

Also was bugged for me. After I got Ezzali to consider talking to Atello, the heist had already happened (despite having killed everyone aside from the girl) and I basically couldn't progress. Screw it, went through with the heist and got what was in the vault at least.

Greetings,

Thank you all for taking the time and reporting the issue with the Quest: Family Pride - Peaceful Solution :) We've gone ahead and added this to our data-base for our Development team to further investigate.

Cheers.

I have this issue as well. The situation between the 2 families just randomly escalates even though I have tried everything to deescalate the situation.

I killed the robbers in the gullet but let Persa go.

I got both sides to agree to a meeting. 

Ezzali tells me to go over and tell the Valera guy that she will come over.

However, the Valera guy won't even give me a chance to tell him. He just tells me that Belda has been captured and I can either join the or fight them.

• Like 1

https://imgur.com/a/WnrEucw

So I have the same problem as everyone else - namely, I can't complete the quest peacefully since, after Ezzali tells me to go talk to Atello, talking to Atello just forces me to go to and save the thief from the Bardatto vault instead.

Something even funnier has happened, however...

Since I had no choice, I did as asked and save the thief from the vault, killed all Bardattos, and then returned to Atello to complete the quest. After completing the quest, I talked to Atello again and... there was the dialogue option for starting the peace summit! When I selected it, the peace talks just started as if nothing had happened, and Bardattos and Valeras agreed to form an alliance - even though I had wiped out every single Bardatto just a minute ago!

As you can see from the image in the imgur link, the quest log says that I both killed the Bardattos and that the 2 families formed an alliance.

Please have a look!

Created an account just to say that this is still an issue.

Following discovering the vault plan, it's impossible to peacefully resolve 'Family Pride' - on returning to Ezzeli she will agree to meet, but invariably Atello and his son will always insist on rescuing a cousin from the vault and then eradicating the Bardattos without any other conversation options available.

I'm going to skip these quests for now to be honest, I intend to take neither side so I'd rather just never complete it...