[Quest]Shadow Under Neketaka problems thread

Trevelyam

Question

I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something, but every time I try to fracture the dragon's soul, it gives me the option to siphon energy from the dragon but when I click it, it tells me it didn't work. My party Metaphysics is at 9, if that has anything to do with it. Am I just being a goof and not doing something right?

• Like 3

21 answers to this question

Running into a similar issue. I also can't repair the wards because the wards get destroyed in battle but the fight stops when he's near dead.  It then tells me their fate is up to me, despite the fact it  technically freed himself.

Edited by Originm

After fracturing the dragon's soul, he's freed of his imprisonment and leaves. However, when leaving the prison, entering the Watershaper's guild hall, then returning to the prison causes him to re-appear. Attempting to talk to him, he says "I make no promises to cooperate with your... animancy games." as if I were still trying to free him.

I've attached a save file immediately after fracturing his soul and him leaving.

To reproduce the bug, leave the guild ruins, enter the guild hall, then immediately come back into the prison.

After getting past the door I reach the dragon, after talking to it I convince it I can release it and keep the water tribes water powers. Well I have a total Metaphysics of 14 (required 9 I think) and still I can't seem to get the wards to do anything, just tells me it "Slips through your fingers." I'm aware that others are having the same issue, I just wanted to know if there was a work around? Or console command to end that part of the quest with a success?

Hi, SpaceKitKat. We're sorry you're experiencing this issue and are looking into it. I don't see a save file attached to your post and that would help us out tremendously in narrowing down this issue. If you can attach one, that would be fantastic, but if not, we'll do our best to recreate it on this end. Either way, thank you for your patience.

--Doug.

--Doug.

Hey guys,

same problem here, it's impossible to manipulate the wardstones using metaphysics. I'm attaching a save in front of the dragon.

Side question : is there a time limit to deal with the dragon, or can I safely leave him be for now and return once the bug is patched?

Thanks,

Dan

Shadow under Neketaka.zip

• Like 1

Hi,

I had the same problem. Meta-Physics should have been high enough, but didn't work. And then I tried giving the +2 Meta-Physics drug to both my watcher and the character with the hgihest MP talent and it worked. Not sure, if that is a reliable workarround, but it might be at least worth a try.

Tate

Ahh, sorry, I think I missed the error saying the file was too big.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q72rzkfzpj33rri/Kat%20%28GuildRuins%29%20%2892faf63d-e2cc-426a-ae01-f65ff00723af%29%20%28769580815%29.7z?dl=0

Again, to reproduce the bug of him re-appearing *after* fracturing his soul and watching him leave, you need to leave the guild ruins (and enter the guild hall), then re-enter the guild ruins to where the dragon is, and he'll reappear.

As far as the bug with not being able to fracture his soul, I don't have any experience with that bug, sorry. When I played through it, I had a metaphysics of 7 (1 + 6 from party) and it wouldn't work (of course, because it's too low lol), so I used a consumable to bring it up to 9 and it worked.

Edited by SpaceKitkat

I have a some what different issue with the quest. 

When I originally spoke with the Queen she told me to go and see why the guild had not responded to her requests for updates.

I accept the quest and go to the Guild Hall. Once there I find it is over ran by Naga. I then killed the Naga leader and made my way into the Dragons prison.

I freed the dragon and get a quest update: The Queen will want a full report.....Leave the guild hall and make my way to the queen.

Once I open dialog with the Queen she says she has received reports of violence and I need to go to the Guild hall and find out whats going on.

(Because I have already done that, I tell her sure I will figure out whats going on assuming I will get a dialog option stating I have solved the issue in question.)

Now there is no dialog option to give a report or discuss anything involving the dragon. Quest log still shows i need to speak with the queen to move forward.

I don't have a save that puts be before this quest.

• Like 3

I originally did not have enough to use the metaphysics option (think mine was at 8 with party assist), but having the main character use the drug that gives a +2 boost, for a total of 10, was enough to make it work.  Not sure if this is a workaround or people aren't calculating party assist right (its only half of your party's total that gets added to watcher, not full amount)

So, I've also encountered this bug... I have a party member with Metaphysics lvl 10 and I can't pass the test. Trying to imprison him is causing a fight, after his nearly down, he says he's too weak and I'm telling him sth like I let him live, instead of attacking him again, but he's dying anyway. I do not want to kill him, and I do not want to let down the queen either.

Well, I'll leave it be for now and I'll wait for fix, hope we''ll get it soon ;]

It works apparently if you have the 9 metaphysics on main char and not on companion. So if you want to do it that way just respec, it was fine for me

This worked just fine for me (went up to 12 metaphysics on main char to be sure).

Encountered this tonight. If we don't open the door, is it okay the leave the quest until it's patched? I opened it, left to go rest up, and he flew through the ceiling haha So I just want to make sure there's a point in the questline I can stop without losing the ability to complete it. I don't really want to kill or free it completely; I'd like to strengthen the wards.

Edit to add: I can post the save if it's helpful, but seems like you are already aware of the bug. I had Aloth at I think 5 metaphysics and Serafen at 7. Retrained Ydwin and got her to 10 metaphysics, Aloth still in tow, and still couldn't do it.

Edited by rdarken

I have a some what different issue with the quest. 

When I originally spoke with the Queen she told me to go and see why the guild had not responded to her requests for updates.

I accept the quest and go to the Guild Hall. Once there I find it is over ran by Naga. I then killed the Naga leader and made my way into the Dragons prison.

I freed the dragon and get a quest update: The Queen will want a full report.....Leave the guild hall and make my way to the queen.

Once I open dialog with the Queen she says she has received reports of violence and I need to go to the Guild hall and find out whats going on.

(Because I have already done that, I tell her sure I will figure out whats going on assuming I will get a dialog option stating I have solved the issue in question.)

Now there is no dialog option to give a report or discuss anything involving the dragon. Quest log still shows i need to speak with the queen to move forward.

I don't have a save that puts be before this quest.

I am experiencing the same problem - Now I cannot progress with the quest :(

I also experienced that the Queens dialog sequence restarted again beginning with the dialog from before you go to the guild. After completing this dialog again, the dialog jumped forward and the Queen now mentiones that I let the dragon go, but I cannot get the dialog options that report on what happened at the Guild and with the Dragon..The quest log shows that I need to speak with the queen to move forward. 

• Like 1

So, I've also encountered this bug... I have a party member with Metaphysics lvl 10 and I can't pass the test. Trying to imprison him is causing a fight, after his nearly down, he says he's too weak and I'm telling him sth like I let him live, instead of attacking him again, but he's dying anyway. I do not want to kill him, and I do not want to let down the queen either.

Well, I'll leave it be for now and I'll wait for fix, hope we''ll get it soon ;]

I'm having the same issue. We fight, I damage him enough to make him surrender, only he doesn't actually surrender and still takes damage during the dialogue. 

Hello all,

Thanks for the post! This is indeed a bug and is currently in our system pending investigation.

Best,

-Caleb

Hi,

I was waiting for the new patch thinking that this bug would be fixed. My character has only 2 in metaphysics but the group has 13....and the problem persist. Is there any way to avoid this problem?

Thanks,

I'm also having the issue described by Dominu305. The quest journal says I need to report to the queen, but the queen just has generic ask about the Huana / ask about Neketaka dialogue options.

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apg0rkuhfn6z2kw/Dril%20%28KahangaPalace-Rooftop%29%20%28bff6d75f-8b23-43f1-9c19-1e822e5b0772%29%20%28767733082%29.savegame?dl=0