A Fruitful Alliance quest progression blocking bug

Bread-a-tester

Question

Description:

The quest A Fruitful Alliance cannot progress.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

When talking to Ruasare during A Fruitful Alliance after having killed the slavers, selecting the discussion options that make her acknowledge the alliance do not progress the quest. It is still possible to talk to her again and choose different answers that lead to her rejecting the alliance.

• Like 3

25 answers to this question

Hi, Bread-a-Tester. We're sorry this quest isn't progressing. We'll take a look at your save file and see if we can come up with a solution to the issue. Thank you very much for attaching it and for your patience while we work on this.

--Doug.

--Doug.

After I went to Ori O Koiki at the queens request to become allies with the Wahanga and was unable to get said alliance Queen Onekaza reset her quest dialogue for Shadows over Neketaka. Instead of getting the resolution to the Fruitfull Alliance she gave me the Shadows over Neketaka quest again. Since I had already finished that I spoke with her again and she had some weird dialogue choices, probably from earlier stages of the game, I don't recall exactly. The dialogue options I had previously chosen when I actually did the Shadows quest were greyed out and when I went to the watershapers guild everything was as I had left it after finishing the quest except for the dead watershapers bodies. They were highlighted blue as if I hadnd't looted them (they didn't contain any loot though).

Due to this circumstance I now cannot finish the Fruitfull Alliance quest.

One thing I also noticed, was that when I adressed her again multiple times, one of her greeting lines was: The Saviour of Dragons.

Not sure if I should display my previous quest choices but I'll do it anyway:

I lied to the Prince about Delver's row and convinced him they didn't exist.

I went to Motare o Kozu and purified the place again (2/3 trees), then got the old directions to Ukaizo and gave them to the prince (not destroying the golden disc thingy).

I freed the dragon in the watershapers guild and got the queen very mad.

I went to ori o koiki and failed to get the queens alliance (which i was about to report to her).

post-176762-0-84909400-1526434595_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

Bonjour,

"Une Alliance Fructueuse" est buggée pour moi aussi.

Lors des pourparlers avec Ruasare (cheffe des Wahakis), je ne peux que valider la quête en échec, pas en réussite (option roublardise/diplomatie sur la présence de la Compagnie du Feu Éteint à Crookspur, quête esclavagiste faite avant)...

Merci de votre aide.

Hello

The "Fruitul Alliance" is bugged for me too.
When I negociate with Ruasare (leader of the Wahaki), I can only validate the quest in failure, not in success (option streetwise/diplomacy about the presence of the Royal deadfire company (Rauatai) at Crookspur - I made "Clearing out Crookspur" before meeting the Wahaki).
Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem.

Save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jCE1lrQ2F10o-4t8496S6ZRJ5vjm88F/view?usp=sharing

Note that I've done both Crookspur Island and Magran's Teeth before.

Edit: I've tried a save before Magran's Teeth, and it's still bugged. Save game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xsUUa9KoLmGtE-uixD5_ggAlE93gN1zh/view?usp=sharing

Edit 2: Oh, it's actually possible to complete this quest by returning to Onekaza. Awesome :D Still, I guess the dialogue options should disappear after talking with the Wahaki leader once; and something should be added to the journal.

Edited by lew21

Bonjour,

Il semble que le bug de cette quête ait déjà été posté ici : https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98415-a-fruitful-alliance-quest-progression-blocking-bug/

Aucune réponse concrète à l'heure actuelle, ils étudient les sauvegardes.

(Je ne sais pas si c'est exactement la même chose que vous, Armanz.)

Hello,

It seems that the bug of this quest has already been posted here : https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98415-a-fruitful-alliance-quest-progression-blocking-bug/
No concrete answer at the moment, they are studying the savegames.
(I don't know if it's exactly the same as you, Armanz.)

You're right it's exactly that issue.

I was too dumb to search for Fruitfull Alliance, I only searched for Queen Onekaza & Shadows over Neketaka, otherwise I would've noticed that thread.

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

I also have the same problem. 

Dealt with the Crookspur by killing the Slavers before getting to Ruasare.

Now she only says "Come no closer Outsider".

I thought that returning to Onekaza will close the quest properly, but - to my surprise - instead the Queen repeated the dialogue lines from our first meeting (as if I've never seen her before)

I freed the Wahaki, destroyed Crookspur. I thought the Wahaki were going to like me, but I guess they didn't -- I have to tell the queen the Wahaki won't help. 

The quest log says she won't be happy but will want to know. However, there is no dialog option with her for it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4eyf4wirabiub8/Pantalaimon%20%28KahangaPalace-Rooftop%29%20%28aa11c11d-b027-443d-8cb7-c5b21e796682%29%20%28788581434%29.zip?dl=0

Same. I told her that I already dealt with the slavers and she agreed to an alliance with the queen however the quest does not update. It still says I need to use the pass phrase the queen gave me but I never saw any option to use the pass phrase in any conversations.

THe only proper way to do this atm is to do Matere questline first with the prince then return to the Queen after Hasongo where the quest Fruitful alliance and the pass phrase will be given.

And before that, you must also not kill the Crookspur Slavers or report the result to Deadfire as they will settle down on the island. It's a very annoying issue because you need to have all 4 faction quests that link to Crookspur to not have it bugged.

Edited by Zeitzbach

The quest log is bugged, but not the quest itself. I just told her that I dealt with the Crookspur pirates already (don't think there was a skill check). I then presented her with a head, which one of her shaman's verified. Then the bit about the Island itself came up.

I said that the Island was leaderless (DO NOT choose the Rautaui plan option. Doing this lead to her saying she wouldn't offer her aid and so I had to reload). The Wahaki ranga then agreed to help to the Queen.

Basically follow the dialogue as lew21 did in his/her video.

The quest log didnt update and still asked me to perform the initial step. Also, the dialogue seems repeatable, but don't do it. Proceed to ask her about the Leaden Key instead.

I just went back to the Palace rooftop anyways an and spoke to the queen anyways, and the quest was complete.

It's still doable; it's just that the log doesn't update, but you can logically tell by reading the dialogue that it is time to go back to the Queen.

That's how I completed it despite wiping out Crookspur Island beforehand (cause ♥♥♥♥ slavery)

Edited by SunDD

The quest log is bugged, but not the quest itself. I just told her that I dealt with the Crookspur pirates already (don't think there was a skill check). I then presented her with a head, which one of her shaman's verified. Then the bit about the Island itself came up.

I said that the Island was leaderless (DO NOT choose the Rautaui plan option. Doing this lead to her saying she wouldn't offer her aid and so I had to reload). The Wahaki ranga then agreed to help to the Queen.

Basically follow the dialogue as lew21 did in his/her video.

The quest log didnt update and still asked me to perform the initial step. Also, the dialogue seems repeatable, but don't do it. Proceed to ask her about the Leaden Key instead.

I just went back to the Palace rooftop anyways an and spoke to the queen anyways, and the quest was complete.

It's still doable; it's just that the log doesn't update, but you can logically tell by reading the dialogue that it is time to go back to the Queen.

That's how I completed it despite wiping out Crookspur Island beforehand (cause ♥♥♥♥ slavery)

This might be true in your case but you can not claim that it is so universally because it isn't.

I dealt with Crookspur very early in the game and met the tribe and presented the head to them and also solved Aloth's quest since there was no indication whatsoever, that this would lead to some other quest bugging out. Now I can not get this quest at all. Once I finished the trial and manage to execute the queens plan the questlog does not update and does not give me "A Fruitful Alliance". If I speak to the queen on the rooftop after the trial she only tells me that we need the Wahaki and again: No quest appears. If I speak to the Wahaki, again nothing happens.

However I can still fail this quest even though it never shows up. So there is that. 

I uploaded two save files. One is the autosave when the trial is just about to start and another is the save right after the trial:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxb7ztjjtpyf4mt/Chrystov%20%282b4abc3e-97d4-4d3e-9263-276b99c7273e%29%20autosave_2.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jpaj7wosla5qer/Chrystov%20%28KahangaPalace%29%20%282b4abc3e-97d4-4d3e-9263-276b99c7273e%29%20%28785952207%29.savegame?dl=0

Edited by hedop

Just wanted to update that in my case (see above) reporting back to the queen did complete the quest properly. Only the journal did not update until the quest was complete.

I'm glad that it workd for you at least. Another poster seemed to not have been as fortunate.

This quest is also bugged for me. I dealt with the crookspur early, but I was doing it for the principi at the time. I did not present the Wahaki with the head because I had no head to present. The Rauatai automatically took the island over and the only choices I had with the Wahaki were either they kicked me out or they were mad and wouldn't talk to me anymore, but let me stay. I then eventually got the quest from the Queen to talk to them, and I left to go back to the Wahaki but they still wouldn't talk to me, so I checked my journal and the log showed that the Wahaki won't help and that I need to tell the Queen. When I go to tell the queen, I don't get an option to tell her anything. I get an option for deadfire amaua, which I am not so it's red, to ask her about Neketaka or to leave. The quest won't trigger as complete.

I can't upload a save file because it's too big, even when I try to compress it. :/

During the conversation where Queen Onekaza II was offering me the quest, I picked a conversation option that told her 'I'll think about it'.  My intention was to leave the conversation and make a save game before I committed to any particular faction.  However, she no longer talks about the quest in dialogue, despite me saying I would think about it and come back.  I cannot pick up Fruitful Alliance anymore, and after playing around, I don't believe that I can advance *any* of the factions at the point where I am in the story.  I have the sneaking suspicion that I will need to create a new playthrough altogether if she won't give me this quest.

I freed the Wahaki, destroyed Crookspur. I thought the Wahaki were going to like me, but I guess they didn't -- I have to tell the queen the Wahaki won't help. 

The quest log says she won't be happy but will want to know. However, there is no dialog option with her for it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4eyf4wirabiub8/Pantalaimon%20(KahangaPalace-Rooftop)%20(aa11c11d-b027-443d-8cb7-c5b21e796682)%20(788581434).zip?dl=0

The same for me, except wahaki agreed to ally. The issue is the queen doesn't have an option to report to her.

I went to Magran's Teeth before this, and then she thanked me for dealing with wahaki peacefully, although at that moment I'd never seen them.

My save file

Would be good to know timeframe for a fix.

Edited by Alienka

Happened to me too.

I killed the slavers first and then handed in the quests. Went to do this one and after handing over the head/telling her I killed them, I told the leader the plans for Crookspur Island and she cut off there and didn't update the journal at all.

I tried to talk to the queen after and that did not work.

Luckily I have a save but it means I'll have to go back an hour, as I made it before killing all the slavers.  :facepalm:

During the conversation where Queen Onekaza II was offering me the quest, I picked a conversation option that told her 'I'll think about it'.  My intention was to leave the conversation and make a save game before I committed to any particular faction.  However, she no longer talks about the quest in dialogue, despite me saying I would think about it and come back.  I cannot pick up Fruitful Alliance anymore, and after playing around, I don't believe that I can advance *any* of the factions at the point where I am in the story.  I have the sneaking suspicion that I will need to create a new playthrough altogether if she won't give me this quest.

I have a similar problem, when she was giving me the quest i choose the option to know more about it. When I exausted all dialogs there there was no option to accept or refuse the quest. Then I travelled all the wat to Ori o Koīki, and there was no option related to Fruitful Alliance quest.

Has anyone found a solution for this?