I want to play a rogue because I want my party lead to have mechanics. I want to shoot guns because guns are neat. How do I build this?

Don't need to be a rogue to have mechanics.

Stealth Sniper (Sharpshooter [Ranger] / Assassin [Rogue]) - Strong alpha attack from stealth using an arquebuse.  

Sniper (Sharpshooter [Ranger] / Devoted [Fighter]) - Loses stealth, but gains frequent crits through Disciplined Strikes.  

Massive Burst (Bleak Walkers [Paladin] / Streetfighter [Rogue]) - Use Double Blunderbusses.  Single pistol could be good as well with the pistol modal.

Dual Pistols (Black Jacket [Fighter] / Sharpshooter [Ranger] or [Rogue]) - Have 4 sets of two pistols and instant swap to the next after one is done firing.

AOE (Hellwaker (Monk) / Sharpshooter [Ranger]) - Swift Flurry, Driving Flight, Blunderbuss modal and laugh your ass off when you crit.

Can also do interesting defensive builds like Paladin/Chanter. 

If you are willing to commit wholly to the theme ( and I do not recommend this on your first play through) you can always go Devoted-Fighter and Ranger-Sharpshooter/Ranger-Ghost Heart. Focus your first couple of points in Mechanics and have The party support you in Mechanics by also dedicating a few points

I am having a main character based on what you say.

He is a Fighter ( Black Jacket ) / Rogue ( Streetfighter ). He has 4 weapons sets, that means 8 shots. I burst 8 shots using Penetrating Shot from Fighter ( +4 Penetration ) That's usually around 200-300 damage burst. 

Then I finish people off with Takedown, not sur about the name ( Rogue Execution ). 

The game supports you with amazing guns and items for -reload time, I can only recommend this build.

Pros:

- Strong Burst, very quickly ( 4 weapons sets = 8 guns, Almost 0 Switch time with Black Jacket + Switch Talent )

- Lots of Full Attack Abilities that are spammable ( Penetrating Shot, Crippling Shot ) 

- Guns Only. ( My Blunderbusses also do slash damage against undead )

- No disposition class ( Paladin / Priest )

- No pet

- Really fast recovery thanks to fighter.

- Good survivability with Rogue Escapes.

- PIRATES YARRRR

Edited by Hazmy
  • Like 1