[Animation] Dead Character Plays Idle Animation

Glassarm

Question

6 answers to this question

The waterbender-culprit is one in a group of pirates and thugs in the Undercroft outside the leader's building, down the stairs, along the palisade.

When killed, the body just stands there, unresponsive, but still looking very much alive, with shifting poses and all.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I noticed this happening sporadically through the game. I thought it was just a random graphical glitch but I had the glitch in exactly the same group you mention, so maybe there is an underlying reason making it happen with some specific enemies.

Hello again, 

Glassarm, you wouldn't happen to have a save file and output log for right before this bug? The testers are not seeing the bug upon our testing. Hope you all are having a wonderful time playing Deadfire.

- Chelsea

This happens to me in certain points throughout the game as well, and in some cases it seems to prevent combat from resolving. 

Heres a link to a quick save before a fight where it seems to happen every time. 

Edited by benwrx

I've noticed that this happens when the enemy is transformed in some way. When turned into a pig and killed, the enemy turned back into a human and did their idle animation after death. Same for druids who have just transformed into their animal form :)