Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fixes to the Patch Beta Build

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

SummerAnne58

SummerAnne58

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I actually haven't started yet as I'm worried about the beta patch. Good to hear about Pallegina but I was also reading about Aloth and late game dispositions not working properly.

If I do the beta build and Tuesday would like the stable version do I just opt out and wait for the stable version to update? Will my saves work "forward" and "back"?

Edited by SummerAnne58, 13 May 2018 - 10:16 AM.

Roby Atadero

Roby Atadero

Programmer

• Developers
  • 228 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yes and yes.
  • Tanred, SonnySahl and SummerAnne58 like this

Stiler

Stiler

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've tried about everything I can think of. Restarted the game, tried both pre-made histories and making my own history, etc. Eder is stuck saying he went to see his parents no matter what choice I pick for him.

However in his inventory he has the night market medallion.

Really hope they can get this ironed out for those of us who still have him bugged out.

It should all be fixed in the next patch. If story and choices matters to people I advice them to refrain from playing until that patch

What I'm saying is with this beta patch it's still bugged out for me, so what are the chances it'll be fixed in the live version unless something has changed from the beta patch to the live version.

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've tried about everything I can think of. Restarted the game, tried both pre-made histories and making my own history, etc. Eder is stuck saying he went to see his parents no matter what choice I pick for him.

Really hope they can get this ironed out for those of us who still have him bugged out.

It should all be fixed in the next patch. If story and choices matters to people I advice them to refrain from playing until that patch

What I'm saying is with this beta patch it's still bugged out for me, so what are the chances it'll be fixed in the live version unless something has changed from the beta patch to the live version.

They said they will address it in the live patch on tuesday! The beta patch exist to test if they fixed stuff. I am certain they will fix the Eder problem.

Uhhoh

Uhhoh

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Yeah, I'm hoping they get that sorted out. I'm in the same boat. 

Wintermist

Wintermist

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Seems like the beta patch disables the Gaun's Pledge DLC.

squaliform

squaliform

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I downloaded the beta to see if it would fix the Mac black screen issue, and it... sort of did? It let me get through character creation this time, but when I finished all my selections the game crashed basically the second I hit the select button on my character's pose.

Spikepit

Spikepit

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Steam:thespikepit
  • PSN Portable ID:Spikepit

Do I have to manually download the beta build 78 patch? Im on McBook pro and still cant get past Not Responsive black screen after the prologue. What do I have to do to play this game?

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do I have to manually download the beta build 78 patch? Im on McBook pro and still cant get past Not Responsive black screen after the prologue. What do I have to do to play this game?

The unfriendly but still correct answer could be "Bootcamp" you have a PC, the only thing mac about it is your OS and design.

The friendly and my geniune advice. Wait for the patch tomorrow and don't bother with the beta patch! because the beta patch is still flawed and was used to test, some issues was resolved however, but since the patch is tommorow just wait for it.

• Spikepit likes this

Daeion

Daeion

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Thanks a lot! 

These are the update notes for Beta Build 71.

Major Fixes

• Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.

OrangeSomething

OrangeSomething

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

For me, I'm still having the issue with Eder where he joins the night market, even though he went to Dyrford in my Pillars 1 save. Also Vela is still nowhere to be seen, even though I did take her in 1. I tried re-importing, going back to pillars 1 and generating a new endgame save and importing that, validating my steam files and trying to import after that, and nothing worked for me.

I appreciate the work y'all are doing, but unfortunately the game remains a little broken for me. Hopefully the official patch tomorrow works a little better.

Galadedrid

Galadedrid

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
Memory Leak fix! Woooooo!

redjet10

redjet10

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

So I found Vela in my ship but when I talk to her she says default crew member lines. Are we suppose to be able to talk to her? I also occasionally see her talk to my companions.

Spikepit

Spikepit

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Steam:thespikepit
  • PSN Portable ID:Spikepit

The unfriendly but still correct answer could be "Bootcamp" you have a PC, the only thing mac about it is your OS and design.

The friendly and my geniune advice. Wait for the patch tomorrow and don't bother with the beta patch! because the beta patch is still flawed and was used to test, some issues was resolved however, but since the patch is tommorow just wait for it.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your friendly advice (and preparing me for the unfriendly advice hahahah). I'm in Australia so that means I'll still have to wait until tonight for the patch when you guys catch up for today. Thank you!

georgelincoln

georgelincoln

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

For me, I'm still having the issue with Eder where he joins the night market, even though he went to Dyrford in my Pillars 1 save. Also Vela is still nowhere to be seen, even though I did take her in 1. I tried re-importing, going back to pillars 1 and generating a new endgame save and importing that, validating my steam files and trying to import after that, and nothing worked for me.

Same...

mpristave

mpristave

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do achievements work with the beta branch on steam?

Wintermist

Wintermist

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 88 posts

That memory leak fix did help a lot, I could play a lot longer before I had to restart the game to clear up the slowdowns.

neoxz04

neoxz04

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do achievements work with the beta branch on steam?

They did while I was playing over the weekend, and I would expect they continue to do so.

patterninstatic

patterninstatic

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Please fix the issue with respec on watcher erasing abilities and training. Being able to respec is a major mechanic and it is currently completely bugged. Really limiting enjoyment of my playthrough.

• Maf likes this

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Please fix the issue with respec on watcher erasing abilities and training. Being able to respec is a major mechanic and it is currently completely bugged. Really limiting enjoyment of my playthrough.

I am sure most grave issues likes the import bug, black screen and respec issue will be fixed with the patch today! Thats why they put out a beta patch to test!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users