Fixes to the Patch Beta Build

SChin

Question

Hello fellow Watchers! 

As you may know, we put out a new Patch Beta branch that has our latest fixes for anyone who wants to take advantage of those fixes sooner rather than later.  Your save files will work for this branch, so there is no need to start a new game unless you desire to do so.  Please feel free to continue to post any bugs you may notice that have not already been reported.  Your help finding bugs and giving us feedback has been tremendously helpful and has helped make Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire  to be an amazing game!

These are the update notes for Beta Build 71.

Major Fixes

• Fixed mouse functionality issue for users who had their Windows language setting on something other than English.
  • Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
  • Watchers who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.
  • Watchers are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
  • Change to the Pillars 1 history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.

Companions/Crew

• Eder's end game state from Pillars 1 has been fixed.
  • Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars 1 will now see her in Vilario's Rest.

Audio

• Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

• Gold, Greed, and Guts achievement should now unlock. (You need only load a save that completed the requirements)
  • Various Credit fixes.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 73.

Major Fixes

• Watchers were unable to set or save cloned AI behaviors properly for some classes.  This put the game into a bad state that would delete quick saves upon area transition.

Audio

• Various VO fixes to Xoti and Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

• Various Credit fixes.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 78 - Mac Only.

Major Fixes

• Potential Shader fixes that were causing black screens on Mac's with Intel integrated graphics cards.
    • Please let us know if this issue is still occurring on your machine (and what graphics card you have) or if you spot this happening in a particular scene. We have fixed (globally) all instances issue of this we could find, but we are sending this fix to the beta branch before exhaustively testing every scene in the game.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 82

Major Fixes

• Fixed a permissions issue that was blocking some players from loading saves.
  • Fixed a combat related memory leak (should improve some FPS on long play sessions)

These are the update notes for Beta Build 86

Major Fixes

• Fixed a bug preventing level scaling from activating correctly.
  • Resolved a Pillars I Import issue that was assigning incorrect values to decisions.
    • This should resolve the issue with Eder mentioning being part of the Night Market instead of the Mayor. This will not update which item he has for existing saves however.

These are the update notes for Beta Build 89

Major Fixes

• Player Dispositions should change less drastically for small decisions.

Miscellaneous

• Custom AI settings should now save changes when adding new conditionals or abilities.
Edited by David Benefield
Noting the fixes from Build 89
  • Like 23

I don't think level scaling is working for me either - but we don't know how the scaling is implemented. Maybe units only scale in a range of levels and still have a hard cap. Those imps could be scaling (for example) from 4 - 7 or something.

On my save fighting the encounter with the frost bow outside the city, the shrooms looked to be level 4 when I was level 9.

According to the progression and character gamedatabundles, you are correct that characters scale in a range of levels and that there is a hard cap. The level range is usually between -1 to +2 for regular characters and -1 to +4 for named characters relative to their base level. See this thread for details: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98843-level-scaling-difficulty-compilation-thread/page-6

Edited by Tanred

It's all working for me now, Eder is Dyrford's mayor and Vela is on the beach.

Appreciate the work, mates!

Sounds great will opt for beta later and try it out. I guess they want to keep beta for a week more to release full patch with dlc

I tested the new beta update today and they have fixed alot it seems, since my import save no correctly makes Eder mayor

Edited by SonnySahl

Import issues were beyond Eder and Vela.

Gods didn’t acknowledge that I became Hylea’s champion (I did get Hylea’s Boon item, probably due to passive, but without ingame recognition of choice). Wael claimed I didn’t hide the scroll when told to in PoE, which I did. I didn’t record it, but a lot of reactivity after the 2nd luminous adra pillar vision was off.

• Like 2

Darn I knew it when I read it earlier haha.

I imported a game after the earlier Eder fix (and it worked, so I figured I was reasonably safe) but I guess I'm going to see things going "off" pretty soon.

Oh well :(

Edited by Maf

Despite reports to the contrary, I'm not seeing level scaling working yet.  I had a previous save in The Hole (Tavern) where I was testing a bunch of random patrons before and after getting the beta patch.  They seemed identical.  So I started a new game to see if that was a requirement.  Without having been there yet in this playthrough, I went to Fort Deadlight at level 8.  Enemies were piss easy and chunking left and right from a single focus fire attack from three ranged (two of which are low damage), and barely doing any damage at all.

So, if level scaling is actually working, it appears only to be scaling the stats of the enemies, yet not their gear along with it.  -2/+2 levels is nothing, because the stats can't compensate for the much better gear the player finds along the way.

Edited by Sanctuary

Gods didn’t acknowledge that I became Hylea’s champion (I did get Hylea’s Boon item, probably due to passive, but without ingame recognition of choice). Wael claimed I didn’t hide the scroll when told to in PoE, which I did. I didn’t record it, but a lot of reactivity after the 2nd luminous adra pillar vision was off.

Whilst true that the inconsistencies extend beyond Eder and Vela, the latest beta build notes mention new changes made to a broader range of values that were not being applied correctly.

Most (likely all) of the value will only correctly set on a completely new start. Existing campaigns will already have the improper values assigned (Not sure Obsidian will ever be able to correct existing campaigns as that poses a huge headache).

So are the inconsistencies you're seeing with Wael and such coming after using the latest beta build and starting a completely new campaign and import? 

Edited by Tikigod

Whilst true that the inconsistencies extend beyond Eder and Vela, the latest beta build notes mention new changes made to a broader range of values that were not being applied correctly.

Most (likely all) of the value will only correctly set on a completely new start. Existing campaigns will already have the improper values assigned (Not sure Obsidian will ever be able to correct existing campaigns as that poses a huge headache).

So are the inconsistencies you're seeing with Wael and such coming after using the latest beta build and starting a completely new campaign and import? 

I might be able to tell you later on. I started a new game with the new beta patch applied and so far it seems fine with everything including dispisitions.

Hello all,

We're putting build 89 live on the GOG and Steam Betas now. Here are the updates (main post updated as well):

These are the update notes for Beta Build 89

Major Fixes

• Player Dispositions should change less drastically for small decisions.

Miscellaneous

• Custom AI settings should now save changes when adding new conditionals or abilities.
  • Like 3

Main Character reroll/respec bug. I can't find any mention of it in the bug report thread (I've seen it discussed elsewhere however).

The trainer skills we acquire are not saved if we choose to reroll (respec) our main characters. Both money and skills are lost because of this bug and npc trainers act as if you've already exhausted their dialogue option to learn from them so you can't simply buy back those skills.

I like playing my first playthrough vanilla and I'd really love to tweak my build. Any chance of seeing this addressed in an upcoming patch (hopefully soon)? I rather not respec in case the patch comes through and it doesn't include a retroactive fix. I know there are a lot of bigger fish to fry but this is a pretty annoying bug in my opinion,

Will the full patch adress the bugged companion dispositions or will we have to wait for another one? My game is on hold until this is fixed.

Watch the Q&A. That is another bug and another update. If you want to wait you will need to wait a bit more. Everthing in this game is manual made and they will need to revisit every chat option to fix this.

• Like 3

Crash when approaching Poko Kahura Ruins. I hear a boulder like sound, like there are rocks falling, screen freezes, then crashes

Literally "Rocks fall, everyone dies" the bug.  Neat.

I recently had my game start the unresponsive mouse thing after 140 hours.  Sold the billion items I had in inventory, deleted 500 extra saves and failed restarts, verifying files now.  We'll see if it stops.  SUPER annoying trying to sell a ton of junk when every mouse click has to be clicked 3-4 times before it'll register, and sometimes when trying to sell in bulk it will start sliding down from the top amount without stopping when you just want to sell all but one.

ETA: Turning off steam overlay worked.  Guess it was the recent steam update, although the problem started several hours after the update.  Yay computers.

Edited by MaxLast
  • Like 1

Restarted a game on the GOG patch 89 release: I picked two clever responses thus far and my disposition has yet to rise, so thanks to obs for fixing that one. Now to see whether companion dispositions are fixed as well, and i might just continue this playthrough