Vailian Trading Company Quest Progression Bug

Kaptinskaggy

Question

I've encountering what seems to be a bug stopping me from being able to continue with the VTC quest chain, unless I have missed something.

I was given the quests "Dirty Laundry" - investigate the bathhouse - and "Terms of Trade" - investigate Poko Kahara - one after the other. I did Dirty Laundry first, and was then given "Of Like Minds." I then finished Terms of Trade, at which point I was sent up to Director Castol again as if we had never met. He went through all the dialogue leading up to Dirty Laundry again but I wasn't given the quest, presumably because I had already finished it. 

I was a little concerned but kept going because I figured it was just a dialogue bug. I finished Of Like Minds and returned to Director Castol, and he was a little put out by the fact that I killed all the slavers, but he then said that we had more important things to do, or something along those lines. At this point, it seems like he should have given me another quest, but the only dialogue options I have are "About the bathhouse job...," which leads to a dead end, and "I have some questions for you," which is just lore.

My rep with the Vailians is still really high so I can only assume that there's some bug stopping quest progression. Out of an interest in covering my bases, I went back to the bathhouse just to see and confirmed that I cannot redo "Dirty Laundry." There's obviously a bug here with the repeating dialogue, but it also seems to have completely halted my ability to progress forward with the VTC questline. The only quests I currently have with them are a bounty and the quest to wait for the animancers to contact me again. Have I just missed whatever I am supposed to do?

I've uploaded the savefile here, since there's a bug with the dialogue at the very least:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd3jkxq27rsfqor/Naira%20%28VailianTradingCompanyHeadquarters%29%20%283439e8c7-90af-430f-87fa-72fc8ef22e73%29%20%28773564440%29.savegame?dl=0

• Like 3

14 answers to this question

I have a similar issue. I had already done Crookspur after I had been sent there by both Aeldys and Furrante (Quest: A Shrewd Propositon), and when I reached that point in the VTC chain (Of Like Minds), I can't progress the quest. Furrante won't make mention of the quest, as he considers it "already complete" (albeit not in his favor).

I have a similar issue. I had already done Crookspur after I had been sent there by both Aeldys and Furrante (Quest: A Shrewd Propositon), and when I reached that point in the VTC chain (Of Like Minds), I can't progress the quest. Furrante won't make mention of the quest, as he considers it "already complete" (albeit not in his favor).

same here, did you manage to fix  bug anyhow?

I did this sequence in a different order, but I'm stuck in the same place.  I completed the bathhouse, spoke to Castol, completed Crookspur (sided with slavers and killed Wahaki), spoke to Furrante and Castol.  Now neither of them have any more quests for me.

Can anyone confirm this is actually a bug?  Maybe the questline just ends very abruptly?

I'm not convinced this is a bug, unless I missed something in my playthrough.  The questline is just really really short.  The dialogue, however, is bugged.

For people here, once you advance the main quest to the last part (almost end-game), Furrante and either Castol or Atsura should give you another quest.  Once you do either Castol or Atsura's quest, then Onezaka has more dialogue, too.

For me, the dialogue was all messed up before I advanced the main quest.  They were asking me about things that were already resolved, and talking about things that I hadn't done.  After I advanced the main quest, their dialogue was fixed and Castol gave me another quest (I had done Crookspur in his favor).

After Crookspur/Wahaki, the VTC, RDC, and Principi questlines just pause and wait for you to get to the final part of the main quest.  You have to get to the end of the game before they advance past Crookspur/Wahaki.  You can still do one more quest for Onezaka involving the Watershapers before that, but then that's it for her, too.  The questlines are just super short.

I still have the animancy tower saying I need to complete more Valian trading company quests before I can continue their quest though. Unless I really have to nearly complete the game before I can continue that.

You do.

That quest unlocks after you go to Ashen Maw.  It sets up the final VTC quest.

Same issue. I'd gotten the quest from the director, gone and done the bathhouse; it's completed and awaiting turn in in my log. However, on entering the Vailian Trading Company, I happened to run into the governor (hadn't spoken with her before), and got taken to the Director. Who promptly went back through the entire dialogue to give me the quest I was trying to turn in.

Glad it's not just me.

Same issue. I'd gotten the quest from the director, gone and done the bathhouse; it's completed and awaiting turn in in my log. However, on entering the Vailian Trading Company, I happened to run into the governor (hadn't spoken with her before), and got taken to the Director. Who promptly went back through the entire dialogue to give me the quest I was trying to turn in.

Glad it's not just me.

I should add, went back to the Luminous Waters area just to use it as an inn . . . and was brought in, fully armed and armored, where I found myself fighting Tola and the rest of them. Having killed them and obtained a journal, I figured I'd go back outside, and then in *again* (so that I could finally add a missing party member).

That time, with no one else alive downstairs, I walked in nekkid, as a bath attendant. Still can't use the inn.

I've gone back to the Director, and NOW he correctly triggers. I would suspect that you could try pickpocketing the . . . nekkid dude . . . for his not-at-all-waterlogged journal of infamous deeds at the bathhouse instead of killing everyone, but I have no idea why anyone would think to do that.

Glad it's not just me.

I should add, went back to the Luminous Waters area just to use it as an inn . . . and was brought in, fully armed and armored, where I found myself fighting Tola and the rest of them. Having killed them and obtained a journal, I figured I'd go back outside, and then in *again* (so that I could finally add a missing party member).

That time, with no one else alive downstairs, I walked in nekkid, as a bath attendant. Still can't use the inn.

I've gone back to the Director, and NOW he correctly triggers. I would suspect that you could try pickpocketing the . . . nekkid dude . . . for his not-at-all-waterlogged journal of infamous deeds at the bathhouse instead of killing everyone, but I have no idea why anyone would think to do that.

I just wanted to bump this up since I also got stuck on this quest. I'm not sure if the quest is bugged due to the progression of events, or cuz it doesn't let you advance without the ledger. 

I had already killed the slavers for Aeldys  > went and destroyed the adra pillar on Poko Kahara > did the Dirty laundry quest. Then I went to the trading co. headquarters to turn in the quests and stopped to walk to the Governor first. I tried to tell her about finding the expedition on Poko Kahara, and she stopped me and took me to talk to the Director. He then acted like we never met before and gave me the same speech as the first time I talked to him. When I tried to turn in Dirty Laundry I also got the "About the bathhouse job...," loop. 

I did what Myetel suggested and went back to the bathhouse and pick pocketed the accountant. Once I got the ledger and went back I was able to tell him the info I learned and turn in the quest.  

Edited by Mari

Glad it's not just me.

I just wanted to bump this up since I also got stuck on this quest. I'm not sure if the quest is bugged due to the progression of events, or cuz it doesn't let you advance without the ledger. 

I had already killed the slavers for Aeldys  > went and destroyed the adra pillar on Poko Kahara > did the Dirty laundry quest. Then I went to the trading co. headquarters to turn in the quests and stopped to walk to the Governor first. I tried to tell her about finding the expedition on Poko Kahara, and she stopped me and took me to talk to the Director. He then acted like we never met before and gave me the same speech as the first time I talked to him. When I tried to turn in Dirty Laundry I also got the "About the bathhouse job...," loop. 

I did what Myetel suggested and went back to the bathhouse and pick pocketed the accountant. Once I got the ledger and went back I was able to tell him the info I learned and turn in the quest.  

Sadly not a fix I can use... I returned to the bathhouse, but it's business as usual and the contact won't talk to me again, so there's no one to pickpocket for a ledger.