I recived following mail april 26th

"Greetings, Backers!

We wanted to discuss with you the physical orders for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. When we started the campaign last year, our goal was to get the physical items out to you day-and-date with the release of the game on May 8th. We also wanted to make sure what we were creating was even higher quality than what we delivered to our original Pillars of Eternity Backers, and they are!

We are very happy with how the physical items have turned out and we are sure you will be as well. Unfortunately, we were unable to hit dates on our end that would have allowed those quality items to get to us on time. We are doing everything in our power to make sure they get here as soon as possible, including air shipping items in, and anticipate that the delay won't be greater than a few weeks.

Everyone who ordered a physical copy of the game is able to redeem a copy of their key on the Backer Portal now! You'll still be able to play Deadfire on May 8th, and we will endeavor to get your physical items to you as soon as we can. For all of you who did back at physical item tier, we are very sorry for the inconvenience of the delay and appreciate your patience with us. We will keep you all updated regularly on the status of the items so you know when to expect everything.

Thank you all for your support and we can't wait for you to sail the Deadfire in a few short weeks!"

• Like 2

I recived following mail april 26th

"Greetings, Backers!

We wanted to discuss with you the physical orders for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. When we started the campaign last year, our goal was to get the physical items out to you day-and-date with the release of the game on May 8th. We also wanted to make sure what we were creating was even higher quality than what we delivered to our original Pillars of Eternity Backers, and they are!

We are very happy with how the physical items have turned out and we are sure you will be as well. Unfortunately, we were unable to hit dates on our end that would have allowed those quality items to get to us on time. We are doing everything in our power to make sure they get here as soon as possible, including air shipping items in, and anticipate that the delay won't be greater than a few weeks.

Everyone who ordered a physical copy of the game is able to redeem a copy of their key on the Backer Portal now! You'll still be able to play Deadfire on May 8th, and we will endeavor to get your physical items to you as soon as we can. For all of you who did back at physical item tier, we are very sorry for the inconvenience of the delay and appreciate your patience with us. We will keep you all updated regularly on the status of the items so you know when to expect everything.

Thank you all for your support and we can't wait for you to sail the Deadfire in a few short weeks!"

So this is the most recent? There's been no other info in over 2 weeks?

I backed at the $500 level and didn't even get the email above that I saw.  Also haven't seen any other updates on this so I am guessing that was the last for those that received it. 

I don't understand how the physical stuff isn't ready, I mean had plenty of time to get it made before hand.  But is what it is.

I backed at the $500 level and didn't even get the email above that I saw. Also haven't seen any other updates on this so I am guessing that was the last for those that received it.

I don't understand how the physical stuff isn't ready, I mean had plenty of time to get it made before hand. But is what it is.

Project manager here. Dependencies are a thing and vendors have them too. The factory that makes the dye that your widget needs had a machine break. The part will be there no later than next week. Once they get it replaced, they can begin getting caught up on their backlog. Shouldn’t take more than a month to get you your thing.

Some people make a decent living dealing with bull**** like this on a daily basis.

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I backed at the $500 level and didn't even get the email above that I saw. Also haven't seen any other updates on this so I am guessing that was the last for those that received it.

I don't understand how the physical stuff isn't ready, I mean had plenty of time to get it made before hand. But is what it is.

Project manager here. Dependencies are a thing and vendors have them too. The factory that makes the dye that your widget needs had a machine break. The part will be there no later than next week. Once they get it replaced, they can begin getting caught up on their backlog. Shouldn’t take more than a month to get you your thing.

Some people make a decent living dealing with bull**** like this on a daily basis.

Thanks for the reply, I certainly understand things break but would be nice if things like that would be planned for. Certainly not everything can be planned for but there was a LONG period of time between the finalization of the packages and the release date of the game.   Some people need to do their jobs better ;)

Anyway I am not mad but certainly disappointed they didnt deliver on time.  Love the game, will love the stuff and certainly bigger things in life than a little wait. :)

Edited by Townsendvol

You’re assuming that whatever caused the delay was work that could have been completed sooner? I’m curious what information you have that makes you think this is the case.

“Good, Fast, or Cheap. Pick two”

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

You’re assuming that whatever caused the delay was work that could have been completed sooner? I’m curious what information you have that makes you think this is the case.

“Good, Fast, or Cheap. Pick two”

I mean we can both play that game, you' re assuming, whatever caused the delay was work that could not have been completed sooner with better planning or better preparation.   Bottom line is they didnt deliver when they wanted to, we dont know why, we dont know if it was preventable and they will eventually set it right.

I was disappointed, maybe you were not, great.   Not a big enough deal to keep on chatting about it, at least from my side.  Appreciate the dialogue but its time to play the game they delivered while I wait on the stuff I ordered.

Take care and thanks again for chatting.

They provided updates months ago showcasing the physical goods. Which means the delay was either caused by their manufacture or delivery (both of which are outside of their control). Having stuffed shipped by air is more expensive than by boat. Therefore, the shipping budget is now blown. If Vs Evil are nice, they will help absorb the overage, but Obsidian is going to have to eat some of that.

All this is to say that, “I mean had plenty of time to get it made before hand” and “Some people need to do their jobs better” misunderstand what happened and who’s at fault.

I’m in for more than $1,250 and less than thrilled that there’s a delay. But if you’re searching for a case study in first world problems, look no further.

And with that, the last word is yours, sir. Have a great weekend!

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

So the only physical reward I requested was the Guidebook. I've already received the PDF file of the full guidebook but the physical one hasn't arrived yet. I'm assuming they are doing an all-or-none style shipping method? I mean I could understand *some* physical rewards not being ready, but it's crazy that almost 3 weeks later I haven't heard of anything being shipped out. I'm just antsy about the lack of communication because I don't trust packages just being left on my doorstep, I like to have at least some idea of when to expect something so I know to look for it.

Please Obsidian update us on this.

Hi,

this may be late and wrong placed, but I couldn't find an definitiv answer for my problem.

I backed the $149 Collector's edition and in the discription stands: "along with an additional digital copy".

The Backer Portal lists only one "Pillary of Eternity: Deadfire - Ultimate Fig Edition"

Is this the key for the digital edition or for the collector's edition?

Because on my search for an answer, I read somewhere that due to the delay of the physical goods, the key for the Physical version will be on the Backer Portal.

Or do I get only one key?

I just got the latest backer up date - hurray for fixes, but I'd very much like to know when all of the physical stuff is estimated to ship. 

Count me as another disappointed physical backer. Not even a quick throwaway one sentence  "Oh and about the physical rewards..." It's one of the HUGE problems of Fig and KS high tier backers!

:banghead:

It's not necessarily Obsidian's fault that your rewards aren't here as it can be entirely manufacturer sided. Obsidian has been transparent about the time frame so what's the big deal? I mean the Mighty Number Nine stuff appeared over a year after the game released and it was trash. Surely waiting one month isn't a Herculean task for my fellow backers?

Yes! We have no bananas.

"It's not necessarily Obsidian's fault"

Yes it is.  Who did people pay for the stuff? Obsidian. Obsidian owes the people the stuff not some   nameless manufacturer. It is Obsidian's responsibility. If the manufacturer is not doing what Obsidian presumably paid them to do it is up to Obsidian to deal with it.

That said, even though I have gotten zero updates yet I'm not worried at this time. At least Obsidian isn't Larian which completely riupped me off and turned around and blamed me. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"It's not necessarily Obsidian's fault"

Yes it is.  Who did people pay for the stuff? Obsidian. Obsidian owes the people the stuff not some   nameless manufacturer. It is Obsidian's responsibility. If the manufacturer is not doing what Obsidian presumably paid them to do it is up to Obsidian to deal with it.

That said, even though I have gotten zero updates yet I'm not worried at this time. At least Obsidian isn't Larian which completely riupped me off and turned around and blamed me. LMAO

If the manufacturer cannot produce the rewards due to limitations then it isn't Obsidian's fault. If they run out of dye #359 that goes on Eothas' nipple it can absolutely be an issue and Obsidian paying them has nothing to do with that. For instance one would surely not blame a restaurant for running out of a certain type of food because they couldn't predict demand right?

I very much understand the frustration but I cannot get on board with the hate because Obsidian has been transparent about it both before and after release. Waiting a few weeks for my stuff really isn't an issue.

Yes! We have no bananas.

It's not like Obsidian took your money and ran to Mexico.  We'll get it when it's done.

That said, something about it should have been mentioned in today's email.  Even if it's, "we've had to make the statues out of paper mache to save time & money on shipping"... 

• Like 1