Skipped first fight(bugged?)

Zanself

Question

I went onto the deck of my ship and interacted with the captain. I chose the option to fire all cannons. The fight started and I ran to the right getting in position to attack, when all of a sudden the storm hit before I swung my dagger, and went straight into the cutscene that ends up on the beach. All npcs from the boat survived and the game played out from there. I was an Assassin Rogue, and Devoted Fighter(Swashbuckler). Haven't seen any posts about it, and haven't been able to recreate. 

2 answers to this question

I went onto the deck of my ship and interacted with the captain. I chose the option to fire all cannons. The fight started and I ran to the right getting in position to attack, when all of a sudden the storm hit before I swung my dagger, and went straight into the cutscene that ends up on the beach. All npcs from the boat survived and the game played out from there. I was an Assassin Rogue, and Devoted Fighter(Swashbuckler). Haven't seen any posts about it, and haven't been able to recreate. 

I've had the same thing. Landed one strike on the boarding party and then it went straight to the CYOA text adventure part about the storm. On a subsequent playthrough, I was able to do the whole fight, so it's definitely inconsistent.