Not even your weapon’s tooltip? Hovering on the recovery time should give you a breakdown of what’s affecting it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

With Cutthroat Cosmo it depends on the type of armor. For example mail drops from 35% to 19%.

You can see it in your weapon's tooltip (recovery). If you hover over it the armor penalty is lower than usual.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

I just found Abraham and its probably a gradual reduction because I tested it with various armor types and the numbers makes sense for all armors overall (it slices .2 seconds for 20% armors, .3 for 35% and .4 for 55% armors when using dual sabers) BUT there's one tiny obvious bug: if youre naked or using robes, then somehow you are .1 slower with this pet equipped than if you used another or none.

Do NOT use this pet if you dont actually have armor penalties hehe.

Edited by Valamyr
  • Like 1

I just found Abraham and its probably a gradual reduction because I tested it with various armor types and the numbers makes sense for all armors overall (it slices .2 seconds for 20% armors, .3 for 35% and .4 for 55% armors when using dual sabers) BUT there's one tiny obvious bug: if youre naked or using robes, then somehow you are .1 slower with this pet equipped than if you used another or none.

Do NOT use this pet if you dont actually have armor penalties hehe.

For the sake of almighty balance, there should be a pet that gives you a bonus while wearing nothin' at all.

• 3 months later...

Before doing math: maybe this thing from MaxQuest is sufficient?

https://naijaro.github.io/deadfire-speed-calculator/

Afaik the claculations and values of Armored Grace and Cutthroat Cosmo/Abraham haven't changed, have they?

Haven't changed, so I used that tool (very nice tool thanks to @MaxQuest), the pet -% recovery time worth around 7 DEX/heavy, 5 DEX/medium and 4 DEX/light, imo it's far better than other pets which gives +1 STATS isn't it?

Edited by dunehunter

Before doing math: maybe this thing from MaxQuest is sufficient?

https://naijaro.github.io/deadfire-speed-calculator/

Afaik the claculations and values of Armored Grace and Cutthroat Cosmo/Abraham haven't changed, have they?

Haven't changed, so I used that tool (very nice tool thanks to @MaxQuest), the pet -% recovery time worth around 7 DEX/heavy, 5 DEX/medium and 4 DEX/light, imo it's far better than other pets which gives +1 STATS isn't it?

Is that what Abraham gives?

Thanks a lot i wasnt aware that its shown in the weapon tool tip. 17% for Mails thats probably the best pet in the game.

I still don't see the reduction on the tool tip for Abraham.

The math is already done for you - it's like Armored Grace. Look at the Armor recovery penalty, it should be lower. 

Ok, I will check again when I re-start the game. (I went down the Old City lift at level 5, and I didn't realize it stayed up only for half a day; so I had to re-start.) But when I checked it on the armor tool tip, the recovery time was the same - regardless of whether I equipped Abraham or not.

Maybe you were stealthed? Then the recovery is boosted so much, that individual effects are insignificant. Or maybe you were looking at another character. Pet's "main" powers affect only the main char (secondary effects are party wide).

Neither stealthed, and I was looking at the main character. But let me check again once I re-start.

And thanks for the note on only the secondary effects influencing other members; I didn't know that!