Pure Melee and Pure Range Party Build Idea, Need Feedback!

Barb/Fighter - dual wield, const/might/resolve - frenzy build, consistent damage dealer with minor aoe. heavy armor

Chant/Fighter - two hand, might/int/resolve - passive buff and occasional AOE damage. - heavy armor, health buffs

Monk/Fighter DW - dual wield, const/might/resolve - crit base damage with periodic bursts. - medium armor, health buff.

Druid/Fighter DW - might/dex/resolve - elemental claw damage, switch forms to fill in gap. - medium armor

Priest/Paladin 1H/Big Shield - might/int/dex - back line heal and buff, but uses a giant shield and Wall ability. - light armor

One thing i am trying to do is to make it so that every character is equally as tempting for NPC, so no target is ever focused on deliberately. do you guys think this will work?

as for the all range...
Ranger Paladin - bow - might, dex, resolve - medium armor. single target dps

Wizard Paladin - pistol/shield - might, int, resolve - light armor. aoe dps

Cipher Paladin - wand/shield - might, dex, int - light armor. debuff and minor aoe dps

Priest Paladin - wand/shield - might, int, resolve - light armor. heal/buff/aoe

Chanter Paladin - pistol/shield - might, int, resolve - light armor. aoe/buff

just spitballing ideas, do you guys think these will work?

Melee build will work for sure, ranged I am skeptical of. Building strong ranged DPS characters is challenging and equipment dependent. That party would take forever to kill anything (assuming POTD).

On lower difficulty settings just about any build should work.

BTW, for all the ranged builds, since you are using paladins I would definitely change from single weapon to dual wield so you can take full advantage of FOD for burst damage. That would make it significantly more viable, particularly if they are all kind Wayfarer for mad heals.

what about mixing them all as fighters then? i am thinking shield because i feel like deflecting and taking less damage to begin with is better than healing after being hurt. 

why do you think it will take forever to kill things? i would've thought that the amount of snipes and aoes would kill everything even faster than the melee no?

Extremely slow attack speed/recovery, and relatively low damage weapons. By going 2 weapons you attack 45% faster and your FOD does double the damage and healing (if you use kind Wayfarer).

If he's using guns, this is untrue.  Dual wielding's inherent bonus affects recovery not reload speed.  As guns have a zero recovery speed, dual wielding does nothing to make guns shoot faster, just make their initial burst higher [EDIT: Just found out that effects that improve recovery time also affect reload speed now].  Furthermore, an issue with dual wielding pistols is that the initial hit is with both weapons, but the auto attack just reloads one weapon at a time.  Therefore without micromanagement, double pistols autoattacking is pretty iffy.  What you say is true if he swaps to dual scepters.

If you want to use pistols, rather than a shield make that slot empty and use the modal.  One handed's inherent acc bonus (+12 ACC) will mostly overcome the modal's ACC penalty and give you a -50% reload rate.

Edited by guildwriter

One thing to be careful of is your Barb. If you go Berserker subclass and haven't taken precautions against the confusion affect, your entire melee team will suffer from Carnage.

=)