Island Aumaua Among the Waves racial ability not working properly

EmilAmundsen

Question

1. Start a game with an Island Aumaua.

2. Out of combat, vade through the aforementioned water. The character vades just like Eder instead of running normally. Among the Waves does not seem to trigger.

3. Attack a boar in the starting area and move through the water next to the waterfall while still in combat. The character now runs normally through the water as the racial ability dictates, while combat lasts.

4. After combat, move around in the water. The character still runs normally and Aamong the Waves seem to still work bugfree.

5. Move out of the water and back again. The Among the Waves racial ability no longer works.

Savegames:

I. Before bug-reproduction.

II. Movement through water after combat, without leaving the water.

III. Movement in water after combat, having left the water first.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Saves.zip

7 answers to this question

Heya EmilAmundsen,

Nice catch! The bug here seems to be that Among The Waves works after combat if you end combat in a slog zone. I'll make sure it's added to the database =)

Just to be clear, it's intended to only work while in combat. This is to prevent situations where you're moving through a slog zone and have to constantly re-position your party because an island aumaua is running ahead of the group. 

Thanks again!

• Like 2

I try my very best.

Screenshots:

A. Game modes.

B. Character Sheet.

C. Movement in water while in combat.

D. Movement in water after combat, without leaving the water.

(E. Movement in water after combat, having left the water first.)* Don't have permission. Will try posting this last pic tomorrow.

post-78890-0-98830000-1526055582_thumb.jpg

post-78890-0-05074000-1526055591_thumb.jpg

post-78890-0-20716100-1526055600_thumb.jpg

post-78890-0-83864300-1526055615_thumb.jpg

Edited by EmilAmundsen

Heya EmilAmundsen,

Nice catch! The bug here seems to be that Among The Waves works after combat if you end combat in a slog zone. I'll make sure it's added to the database =)

Just to be clear, it's intended to only work while in combat. This is to prevent situations where you're moving through a slog zone and have to constantly re-position your party because an island aumaua is running ahead of the group. 

Thanks again!

I came to note this as a bug, but apparently Among the Waves not triggering outside combat is intended behavior.  In which case: should Wave Walker (Tekehu's racial bonus) not be triggering outside combat as well?  Because right now it does, and he's constantly running ahead of my group in slog zones.

Can confirm that Tekehu’s running ahead of everyone in slog zones out of combat.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus