Have you tried Monk/Cipher? OP as hell

Balance OBS? Where?

I mean I am personally more of a rogue than a monk fan. But I tried that Thunderous Report from Kitchen Stove trick with an Assassin/Ascendant from stealth and result was like 250 fire+250 shock (500 damage) in a large cone aoe at the start of fight.

so you get like a 400-500 aoe damage cone nuke as an assassin/cipher 1/encounter.

There might be a better class than cipher to use that combo with assassin+something else, but cipher is not a bad choice as it instantly gives you max focus and the extra damage addition from soulwhip adds to the assassin alpha strike. 

Cipher Assasin is very nice combo, probably highest accuracy in the game. In 1.2 brilliant return, so with proper mod we can make perma invisible char :)

You cant use it on yourself

Also it isnt monk so weak by default

Edit: nvm you said with mod

Edit2: Dont waste ur time with mods for useless classes dl mods for monk

Edited by araj123

Someone's growing obsessed with Monks, I see.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Do you planning to play solo ? If yes then, you sure should go with scordeo's + palm shield, with this setup your recovery time will come from scrodeo and time parasite, and attack speed from DW. Palm shield will give you +20 Deflection

You also needed cloak that scaled with history and bracers that give you +7 to deflection

From stats you only need int, dext, perception and as start bonus gift of machine, With Durance Effigy's Resentment . I suggest at least 14 CON instead of might

The real problem for this setup only int immune guys and guys with high fortitude (for dragons take helm that give you +10 to acc, for fampyr amulet + saber).

I'm not sure about Deadly Deadfire, but normal PotD you should complete without problems

The Red Hand (inactive slot)+Kitchen Stove!!!!+ any good small shield or shield that does not reduce accuracy too much for defense (active slot)+electric helm!!!!+ elementalist's bracers!!!!! (cast jolting touch)= 40% lash on thunderous report = big damage

don't feel like elaborating as this may not be in 1.2 as it is now but it can be done and is not class specific really.

bye bye queen - Potd upscaled deadly deadfire HARDCORE version in one shot

quennk.jpg

You can also assasinate with Thunderous Report, stacking that with your build and it will be even more powerful. I don’t remember if death blow works too, but worth a try.

• Like 1

I don't know how relevant this is anymore (I guess half as effective), but pre- time parasite nerf, an ascendant cipher in light armor and decent dex used to be able to hit ascendancy, then time parasite a group and proceed to machine-gun any cipher power imaginable at a blistering pace. Quite deadly and IMO made cipher one of the better single class classes in the game. Anyone tried it recently? Throwing disintegrates and amplified waves on everybody is serious business.

I don't know how relevant this is anymore (I guess half as effective), but pre- time parasite nerf, an ascendant cipher in light armor and decent dex used to be able to hit ascendancy, then time parasite a group and proceed to machine-gun any cipher power imaginable at a blistering pace. Quite deadly and IMO made cipher one of the better single class classes in the game. Anyone tried it recently? Throwing disintegrates and amplified waves on everybody is serious business.

from my test it's not working in 1.1, always around 1sec pause time, and cipher time parasite override other source of speed like the one from dragons dowry (which will be nerfed in 1.2) Still solo cipher was quite fast. Also death of 1000 cuts seems to be much better than desinteragtion