The Pillars of Eternity Wiki: The Saga Continues

I think the main thing people are looking for right now is item locations and item stats -- i.e., what is it and where do we get it.

Just adding in screenshots of the weapon detail screen would be a good start. But the main thing is a sentence saying where to get it.

That's what we're doing, yeah. I've also completed main lists of unique items: Accessories, weapons, armor, pets, etc. and I'm adding to it as I go:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_accessories

If you find any, just hit the edit button and add them if you can. :)

All single handed weapons done. For some reason the spear Kahua Hozi was on the Cadhu Scalth page (Cadhu Scalth is a large shield) so I created a new page for Kahua Hozi and deleted the contents of Cadhu Scalth so that it'll no longer appear in "Category:Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire spears".

Also the symbols for Crush/Pierce and Slash/Pierce aren't working at the moment.

EDIT: by the way the War Hammer Resounding Call gives its damage as 25-35 in game. This includes the +100% bonus vs. destructibles but most the time, when it matters, you won't be fighting destructibles. As such I listed its damage as 14-20 in the Wiki (same as any other Exceptional War Hammer) and made a note that it is listed as 25-35 in game. The note hasn't formatted properly, though it is readable, so feel free to edit it to make it look nicer.

Edited by JerekKruger

And I've just finished the two-handed weapons and, hence, all weapons. It would be good if we could add equivalent pages to https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_unique_melee_weapons and https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_unique_ranged_weapons for Deadfire. I don't understand the source for those pages so I can't use it as a template for creating equivalent ones for Deadfire.

Also should we use "/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_unique_melee_weapons" or simply "/Deadfire_unique_melee_weapons" for the url?

And I've just finished the two-handed weapons and, hence, all weapons. It would be good if we could add equivalent pages to https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_unique_melee_weapons and https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_unique_ranged_weapons for Deadfire. I don't understand the source for those pages so I can't use it as a template for creating equivalent ones for Deadfire.

Also should we use "/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_unique_melee_weapons" or simply "/Deadfire_unique_melee_weapons" for the url?

Splitting the pages in the long term is good. The ultimate goal is to have an autogenerated Cargo table, rather the fixed one in place, but my concern is to get functional content out first. 

Question: do you have a guide on how "cargo" works? I've looked it up but can't really understand it and having looked at the source code for the unique weapons pages for PoE1 and the various weapons therein I can't see what's different there that would make them appear and not the Deadfire unique weapons, or indeed how to make an equivalent for Deadfire. This is mostly to sate my appetite to learn, I can hold off making such a page I just don't like that I can't work out how it works.

I just found this thread, and I just want to say thanks to all the users and especially Tagaziel for kickstarting work on the Deadfire wiki!

I've been editing pages as I do my first playthrough, mostly just for the sake of learning how to edit the wiki, apply templates etc. And of course, contributing information on item stats and acquisition information because I think that's what many people will be accessing the wiki to find. Anyway, I just found the Blightheart in-game and gave it to Aloth, so I'm slowly editing the Blightheart page as it grows with Aloth. I used the Soulbound weapon table from the POE1 wiki (Stormcaller to be precise) and basically hid all the entries that I don't have data for. Hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes, and if I am, please let me know.

Looking forward to contributing more to the wiki!

I am absolutely stunned by how much work has been done on the wiki already. I've been chipping away at pet locations; just started a new playthrough and I think I might make that my new pet project (pun notwithstanding).

My approach is the opposite: Show the weapon's damage after bonuses apply, since each weapon type has an intrinsic base damage that's modified by the bonuses/enchantments. That's the practice for every unique item, especially since my intention is to allow for casually glancing at the infobox and figuring out what the damage is, without having to calculate them by enchantments.

So - is there a way to figure this out at a glance without having a character in your party who has exactly 10 might?

I haven't added to the wiki yet, but I'm keeping a word document of every unique item I come across: the stats, where to find it and what the upgrades are. It's not complete yet since I started doing this roughly 30% into my playthrough and thus am missing quite a bit, but I'm trying to keep it as complete as i can. If someone wants to start entering what i have into the wiki then I could share the file as I have it now. 

• Like 1

Shields done. I took the executive decision to include a unique shield's quality bonus in its Deflection field. The game itself doesn't do this so all small shields will list themselves as having +4 Deflection in their information window regardless of the quality enchantment they carry, but I felt for the Wiki it was more useful to have the actual Deflection bonus given visible at a glance.

• Like 5

I celebrate that! On the walkthrough front, I'm finally MOSTLY done with Neketaka. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get that mod to function, it keeps insisting on trying to get the DLLs from pillarsofeternity2_data/pillarsofeternity2_data instead of pillarsofeternity2_data/data :/

So - is there a way to figure this out at a glance without having a character in your party who has exactly 10 might?

It should give you the base values when you loot the item or acquire it via dialogue. Basically, whenever I see a gold background, I go "STOP WIKI TIME" (I kid, I have the wiki open on the other monitor and just hammer the data in as I play).

Thanks for your work. Also, we really need a interactive abilitie tree available for web, just like the ingame.

A good idea. I even know of a template that (might) be of use)

I am absolutely stunned by how much work has been done on the wiki already. I've been chipping away at pet locations; just started a new playthrough and I think I might make that my new pet project (pun notwithstanding).

We really need an Eder emote here :)

I haven't added to the wiki yet, but I'm keeping a word document of every unique item I come across: the stats, where to find it and what the upgrades are. It's not complete yet since I started doing this roughly 30% into my playthrough and thus am missing quite a bit, but I'm trying to keep it as complete as i can. If someone wants to start entering what i have into the wiki then I could share the file as I have it now.

You can PM them to me or share in the thread. That'd be of tremendous help.

Edited by Tagaziel
  • Like 1

If you mouseover the damage entry in the weapon window (right click a weapon) it'll open a little tooltip that breaks down the damage: something like Base Damage 15-20 + 15% Fine + 24% Might = 20-27.

It should give you the base values when you loot the item or acquire it via dialogue. Basically, whenever I see a gold background, I go "STOP WIKI TIME" (I kid, I have the wiki open on the other monitor and just hammer the data in as I play).

Hahaha, I totally understand what you mean. Only I'm not kidding because I only have one monitor :p

All armours are now done.

On the front page, in the Deadfire section, Grimoires appears twice. I don't have permission to edit this page so someone else will have to get rid of it.

Most Headgear done as well, but the Wiki has stopped responding on my end so I can't quite finish them off.

EDIT: Quickly finished off all headgear this morning.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 1

Seeking some clarification on which is preferable: should we be updating item acquisition details into the Infobox array, or typing it as text under the Acquisition heading? I've been using the Infobox arrays, but some other articles have them written under the Acquisition heading and not in the arrays.

Seeking some clarification on which is preferable: should we be updating item acquisition details into the Infobox array, or typing it as text under the Acquisition heading? I've been using the Infobox arrays, but some other articles have them written under the Acquisition heading and not in the arrays.

Infobox, since it automatically parses them. I'm moving them as I go. Also, I need to do the recipes tomorrow. For crafting.

• Like 2

Guys, great work here with the wiki so far. But... it would be great if all of the available upgrades are listed in the entries for each unique item as well? After all, these upgrades have different additional effects and are mutually exclusive, and this information could be useful for future theorycrafting of builds.

I'm currently working on that part. I took a break from the data for a while, because I kind of burned myself out on all the item data beforehand.

Also!

http://www.gamepedia.com/slackinvite

This is our OFFICIAL SUPER-DUPER CONTRIBUTOR SLACK, where we also have a Pillars Wiki channel. In case you need to get a hold of me, anyone else, or need some help understanding Cargo, this is the place to go.