Testing in the last Beta indicated that corpse-eater's drawback was kind of huge, and "Flesh communion" was not a sufficient balancing factor even if you're fighting targets it works on, because of a low number of uses/encounter and a long cast/recovery time.

Has any of this changed for live, or is it still just a straight downgrade from no subclass?

Testing in the last Beta indicated that corpse-eater's drawback was kind of huge, and "Flesh communion" was not a sufficient balancing factor even if you're fighting targets it works on, because of a low number of uses/encounter and a long cast/recovery time.

Has any of this changed for live, or is it still just a straight downgrade from no subclass?

No.... it is nerfed even harder, only once per encounter now..

• Like 2

It would be good if you could use it many times per fight so it would be quite good when fighting group of enemies. But once per counter? Pffff, just worse second wind then.

Despite being listed as 1/Encounter in the code, I find it's 2/encounter in-game. In fact, if I change it, it ends up being one higher than whatever I specify. I haven't yet figured out where this use is coming from.