Barbarian: BloodThirst: You can wear the heaviest armor, swing the heaviest weapon and yet have 0 recovery time :)

Chanter: Drake/Dragon with unlimited Empower points: Haven't test this yet, wish someone can confirm this.

Cipher: Not found yet.

Druid: Not found yet.

Fighter: Cleave: 0 cost, 0 recovery Heart of Fury on kill.

Monk: Inner Death + Turning Wheel, Swift Flurry + anything that has AOE or multiple projectiles: combine this two u got the ability to one shot anything. Also Turning Wheel works for spells now, yes +50% lash to your spells.

Paladin: Faith and Conviction: Leave tutorial island with +20 all defense is too good.

Priest: Have't played yet.

Ranger: Not found yet.

Rogue: Not found yet.

Wizard: Empowered Meteor Shower, Cracking bolt and Rolling flame from a long distance: the enemy will not notice the party,

Would glad if anybody can add more to this list, there are of course a lot OP combo, but I just concern any GAMEBREAKING ones. Also to be noted I consider how early you can access to these abilities, for example you get Faith and Conviction at lvl 1, Cleave at lvl 3, so these absolutely makes the game much easier.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Blood Thirst is beast in late game I agree :D Berserker/Pillar in heavy armor with zero recovery? Yes please. 

Can you explain that Rod Blast combo/thing you described? How does it work? Never used Rod.

Blood Thirst is beast in late game I agree :D Berserker/Pillar in heavy armor with zero recovery? Yes please. 

Can you explain that Rod Blast combo/thing you described? How does it work? Never used Rod.

Console a few cre_dummy mob, activate Swift Flurry, activate Rod modal and see by yourself.

Chanter: lightning breath is great, it has a long recovery but once you upgrade it it can shred groups.

Alloths fireballs hit for about 2/3 of a lightning breath, is easier to aim and has a bigger AoE so I don't think its that broken.

Priests devotions for the faithful is even more powerful than in the first game since it now buffs spell accuracy too.

Not sure how OP these 2 since I'm on my first playthrough but they're certanly carrying my Skald, Fighter (tank), Ranger, Wizard and Priest party.

Ok. Also I don't think Turning Wheel is gamebreaking. It's only really strong if you play Monk and have 10 wounds which means you take a lot of hits and generate wounds either slow or loose HP rather fast. For example Turning Wheel on Shattered Pillar can deal only maximum of 25% more dmg as opposed to 50% on other monk classes. 

Ok. Also I don't think Turning Wheel is gamebreaking. It's only really strong if you play Monk and have 10 wounds which means you take a lot of hits and generate wounds either slow or loose HP rather fast. For example Turning Wheel on Shattered Pillar can deal only maximum of 25% more dmg as opposed to 50% on other monk classes.

Just mention here because it is bind with Inner Death for that 2k damage combo. Also it is super easy to get 10 wounds. Not as gamebreaking as Bloodthirst i'd say, but still too good for a 'passive'.

Edited by dunehunter

Devotions always affected spell accuracy. Melee accuracy = touch spell accuracy, ranged accuracy = rest of the spells in PoE1. Also leave priests alone please, they barely have any useful spells left :D.

I haven't tested it but if the tornado spell from chanter applies all 13 jumps to a single target lf no other candidates around like some other spells it's an easy contender for max 1 hit KO with inner death.

Death from 1000 cuts + disintegrate would likely oneshot anything too with high might and int, but not sure if that's gamebreaking or just very powerful.

Edited by MadDemiurg

I definitely wouldn't put Chanter Lightning breath in an OP category for a few reasons.  1) it has a tiny cone and a lot of the time can only really get 1 person without repositioning, 2)  I've come across a fare few high Reflex, high shock DR, or flat out Shock immunity enemies, 3) it requires 2 points to upgrade and deserves to be powerful to some extent.  You can, using the Flail Modal use it on some higher Reflex opponents, but only 1 at a time (unless those modals work with something like Carnage).  If they have higher Shock DR or Immunity then it is useless, and other Invocations step into its place.  I'd say that is balanced, but fairly strong too. 

My first Chanter play through I am avoiding Summons so I can't test the Drake/Dragon summons, but I also wonder about the Invocation "Set to their Purpose, They All Knew Their Part" being OP.  Fully upgraded it gives the Brilliant Inspiration which says "+5 Intellect, +1 Power Level, +1 of all Class Resources per 3 seconds", and it lasts for 30 seconds.  Now, that means over the course of 30 seconds, in theory, you could give each class you hit with this 10 resource points.  It is a small cone of 2.5m, but the Chanter also gets the buff, and you could easily get 2 or 3 party members with it.  30 seconds is its base time, and I imagine with Intellect being high enough, and including power level increasing its duration, it would be closer to 50 seconds (or more).  I am just spit balling.  Not doing any math for the increased duration.  To me, this seems insanely good, and borderline OP.  It could have been changed, and the tool tip still says this, but that is what I am aiming to find out.  Also, I don't know if the Monk would get Wounds or Mortification.  Does it replenish Spells, and if so does it do 1 of each level simultaneously every 3 seconds, or 1 of 1st level spells until that's maxed out and then it starts adding to the second level?  In theory, a Barbarian, Chanter, Pally, Rogue, Ranger, and Fighter would all be great to cast this on.  Monks too, in theory.  I don't know about casters.  I don't see it doing much for Ciphers, but depending on how it works with Wizards, Priests, and Druids... it could get crazy. 

• Like 1

Devotions always affected spell accuracy. Melee accuracy = touch spell accuracy, ranged accuracy = rest of the spells in PoE1.

I haven't tested it but if the tornado spell from chanter applies all 13 jumps to a single target lf no other candidates around like some other spells it's an easy contender for max 1 hit KO with inner death.

Death from 1000 cuts + disintegrate would likely oneshot anything too with high might and int, but not sure if that's gamebreaking or just very powerful.\

Yeah I agree, both spell need pretty long cast time and u need to generate focus to cast both. Also it is not instantly death, enemy dies after a while so I think it might be OP, but not gamebreaking.

I never understood the need to nerf things in a singleplayer game. So, some things are OP, and? It doesn't kill build diversity because a) there are a lot of OP things as of now b) more importantly: this is part of the game's challenge. Just like anything is ez mode on story, and almost everything is underpowered on PoTD solo, I look at this as just one more way to differentiate between players who want that godly feeling and those that want an easier time of it. I mean, I'm not saying that perfectly balanced classes (whatever that is) wouldn't be a noble ideal, but, really, who is suffering (other than your enemies) if you have something overpowered in a single player game? Your challenge? Well then, pick a class/skill combo with less immense results, problem solved xD

I never understood the need to nerf things in a singleplayer game. So, some things are OP, and? It doesn't kill build diversity because a) there are a lot of OP things as of now b) more importantly: this is part of the game's challenge. Just like anything is ez mode on story, and almost everything is underpowered on PoTD solo, I look at this as just one more way to differentiate between players who want that godly feeling and those that want an easier time of it. I mean, I'm not saying that perfectly balanced classes (whatever that is) wouldn't be a noble ideal, but, really, who is suffering (other than your enemies) if you have something overpowered in a single player game? Your challenge? Well then, pick a class/skill combo with less immense results, problem solved xD

I hate this argument against balance in single player games. It is the designer's responsibility to balance the game, not the player's. Avoiding content is not a solution to balance issues.

Players who want to feel more powerful can lower the difficulty. Players who want a challenge should have access to that experience on the highest difficulty, regardless of what abilities they want to make use of.

• Like 13

Chanter: Drake/Dragon with unlimited Empower points: Haven't test this yet, wish someone can confirm this.

Noob question: How do I get unlimited empower points on my chanter?  I'm playing a beckoner at almost level 8 for my first playthrough.  This sounds amazing.

Barbarian: BloodThirst - tested it, you'll instantly recove after a kill, that's all, work EXACTLY like in poe1. Wrong description or bug? Not gamebreaking at all.

Monk: Swift Flurry + Rod Blast - can be gamebreaking, but only with crit chance 100 and realy tight enemy formation. Not gamebreaking at all.

Chanter: Drake/Dragon with unlimited Empower points: Haven't test this yet, wish someone can confirm this. - confirmed, obviously a bug.

But still, Drake has endless fireballs with spellcast 1.3 sec. Compared to other spellcasters quite overpowered IMO.

Edited by PIRI

Noob question: How do I get unlimited empower points on my chanter?  I'm playing a beckoner at almost level 8 for my first playthrough.  This sounds amazing.

Not chanter but drake.

I hate this argument against balance in single player games. It is the designer's responsibility to balance the game, not the player's. Avoiding content is not a solution to balance issues.

Players who want to feel more powerful can lower the difficulty. Players who want a challenge should have access to that experience on the highest difficulty, regardless of what abilities they want to make use of.

Thing is, on games of this scale there are ALWAYS going to be glaring balance issues. I dare you to name ONE Infinity-Engine style game that was balanced, even after a slew of patches. Heck, D&D itself was a horrible mess that was unbalanced, but people still enjoyed it. I'm not saying balance is not a good thing, I'm just saying that I get a bit annoyed when people go out of their way to come up with game-breaking things which lead to over-nerfs, and yet others still munchkin their way to ridiculous dump-stat builds (something I seriously could not bring myself to ever do, not even in Icewind Dale where it was basically mandatory) so that they would feel more empowered to tackle clearly ridiculous challenges such as PoTD solo.

I mean, clearly, once you start wanting challenges that involve using one character on things that were supposed to be borderline impossible to beat with a party, then either the game is too easy still or you are breaking it with OP abilities/classes/glitches. And if so much of this community that enjoys that sort of play (heck, I myself often do, but I do draw the line at dump-stats) is able to pull off ridiculous feats with some classes/builds then clearly there's an inherent balancing problem, either with the game's difficulty or the fact that some classes and skills are just better than others and thus, by definition, OP.

And I'm talking about PoE here. After a billion patches, including a ton of nerfs. Dunno, I guess the bottom line is, I don't see that much of a big deal in these things, as they take a **** ton of the devs' time post-release, players will always find new ways to break the game ANYWAY, -and- that dev time would have been much better spent on making new content, unless things are absolutely drastically game-stoppingly broken, which they are not.

Edited by EbonKnight

Solo'ing as pure Beckoner.

I can confirm the  Wyrm Dragons having unlimited empower as Chanter. Even if you are Beckoner, both will do this.  They are quite amazing. Also confirmed by 2 experienced players in another thread.

But I'm going to be honest, all of these teir 9 skills being OP honestly don't give me that much concern - the game is nearly finished by then.

Edited by Dongom

Man, it's a Single Player RPG- you play broken build ONLY if you chose to do so- you don't want, don't do it. If someone will want he will just use console or cheats, god mode, one-shot everything. It's single player RPG- you are broken as you want.

I can confirm the Wyrm Dragons having unlimited empower as Chanter. Even if you are Beckoner, both will do this. They are quite amazing. Also confirmed by 2 experienced players in another thread.

But I'm going to be honest, all of these teir 9 skills being OP honestly don't give me that much concern - the game is nearly finished by then.

So with Drake being so good its about whether its worth it to Multi a Beckoner?

Also is it the Dragon with unlimited empower or the tier 5 Drakes as well?

Edited by Maxzero

I can confirm the Wyrm Dragons having unlimited empower as Chanter. Even if you are Beckoner, both will do this. They are quite amazing. Also confirmed by 2 experienced players in another thread.

So with Drake being so good its about whether its worth it to Multi a Beckoner?

Also is it the Dragon with unlimited empower or the tier 5 Drakes as well?

It depends your Beckoner build I suppose. It's probably worth it to pure class Beckoner for those Drakes if you are aiming at relying mostly Summon damage. Very strong. 

I haven't tried the t5 Drakes, ill test that soon though.

Edited by Dongom

Thing is, on games of this scale there are ALWAYS going to be glaring balance issues. I dare you to name ONE Infinity-Engine style game that was balanced, even after a slew of patches. Heck, D&D itself was a horrible mess that was unbalanced, but people still enjoyed it. I'm not saying balance is not a good thing, I'm just saying that I get a bit annoyed when people go out of their way to come up with game-breaking things which lead to over-nerfs, and yet others still munchkin their way to ridiculous dump-stat builds (something I seriously could not bring myself to ever do, not even in Icewind Dale where it was basically mandatory) so that they would feel more empowered to tackle clearly ridiculous challenges such as PoTD solo.

I mean, clearly, once you start wanting challenges that involve using one character on things that were supposed to be borderline impossible to beat with a party, then either the game is too easy still or you are breaking it with OP abilities/classes/glitches. And if so much of this community that enjoys that sort of play (heck, I myself often do, but I do draw the line at dump-stats) is able to pull off ridiculous feats with some classes/builds then clearly there's an inherent balancing problem, either with the game's difficulty or the fact that some classes and skills are just better than others and thus, by definition, OP.

And I'm talking about PoE here. After a billion patches, including a ton of nerfs. Dunno, I guess the bottom line is, I don't see that much of a big deal in these things, as they take a **** ton of the devs' time post-release, players will always find new ways to break the game ANYWAY, -and- that dev time would have been much better spent on making new content, unless things are absolutely drastically game-stoppingly broken, which they are not.

TLDR: You're wrong, EbonKnight. Balancing is equally important in a single-player game. LARP-ing that you just won't use things is completely unacceptable.

Also, arguing that "time is better spent on X/Y/Z" is completely meaningless because one can argue this about any aspect of design. 

"Why spend time making better music if the current score isn't terrible? Why not make something else with that dev time instead?", etc.

Edited by aweigh0101
  • Like 4

Barbarian: BloodThirst - tested it, you'll instantly recove after a kill, that's all, work EXACTLY like in poe1. Wrong description or bug? Not gamebreaking at all.

Monk: Swift Flurry + Rod Blast - can be gamebreaking, but only with crit chance 100 and realy tight enemy formation. Not gamebreaking at all.

Chanter: Drake/Dragon with unlimited Empower points: Haven't test this yet, wish someone can confirm this. - confirmed, obviously a bug.

But still, Drake has endless fireballs with spellcast 1.3 sec. Compared to other spellcasters quite overpowered IMO.

Yeah u are right about bloodthirst, it’s exactly the same as PoE 1, will remove it to the list.

@aweigh - Yes, since REMAKING THE MUSIC SCORE was something done in oh... not a single game in known memory in my 25+ years of playing video games. Great argument, bro. Sigh, look, we are not going to agree here, but please don't make non-sensical arguments and then accuse me of doing the same. Balance is important, I said as much, but it's not CRUCIAL that, in a game, with a billion different options, classes, talents, skills, builds, devs spend time and time and time on making sure that everything is just perfectly balanced according to your needs... in a single player game. If you think it's too good - don't use it - it really is that simple. Yes, if things are utterly broken, sure, they can and will get around it, but trying to make fun of me for saying that dev time is better spent on adding more content to the game than 'fixing' the balance between a billion different variables in a single player game - well, buddy, you know... I don't even know what to say to that, honestly, it's that dumb, imho.

Again, I must draw your attention to the original PoE - it had a billion iterations of patches, a lot of this sort of stuff was done for balancing and STILL casters were so far ahead of anything else that they had to massively nerf them in the second part, because people were still bitching.  That and ofc the fact that those not bitching about their OP-ness bitched about the per rest abilities, so once that was taken out, the balance hammer added annoying cast times, which rather effectively neutered a lot of the casters. And what's the story on release? A bunch of people complaining that melee classes are the only real way to go atm and that casters are too weak. Go figure.

• Like 1

Why are people so obsessed with finding the most overpowered thing to steamroll the game with. I can't think of anything much more boring. How about finding a combo which is most fun and interesting to play and is strong without being broken?

• Like 1