Can anyone tell me where to find Modwyr? Googling it said it was found:

In the NE section of the old city ruins. I've completely cleared this area (all all of the other areas under the gullet, but I can't find this item.

Can anyone please point out where I might have missed this item?

Edited by Koth

Can anyone tell me where to find Modwyr? Googling it said it was found:

In the NE section of the old city ruins. I've completely cleared this area (all all of the other areas under the gullet, but I can't find this item.

Can anyone please point out where I might have missed this item?

Intellect immunity applies for barbarians so if you want it to remove the confusion from frenzy it will.

Yeah I figured that. What I mean is, as a Soulbound weapon that seems to have differing stats depending on the class of the character it is soulbound to (as was the case in PoE 1), is the Int affliction immunity always there?

Edit: oh wait, according to the wiki, once you finish the quest by visiting the original owner, it turns into a standard unique weapon instead of soulbound anyway?

yes however u want to fully unlock the soulbind before u do or it wont be as srtong..ttested it each step

• Like 1

here is how Judge is currently working. Judge is a self targeted +10 Accuracy buff that is currently only going out in the first combat after the mace has been soulbound. You can re-bind the mace to force judge to go out once more but if you do not re-bind the mace, Judge WILL NOT apply on any combats after the first.

Judge will apply to all targets struck by a hit in the first combat after soulbind.

Maybe you got hit by some kind of rando bug, or your console creatures were having problems...  But this isn't how it worked for me.  

Initially I ran a few fights, just letting Eder use it however he felt like, and I noticed after 5? fights that he was still at 0 / 250.  So, re read the item, and he only counts the damage on an already Judged target, so I figured he was only able to hit it once (and apply Judge at that point) before the mobs were killed.

Without unbinding / rebinding it, or doing anything as far as changing the setup, I decided to let Eder solo mobs for a few fights, while I let the rest of the party dealt with everything else.  2 Fights later, had it unlocked.

As for the Soulbinding working differently per class, it is annoying but you can always just unbind it (and have to relevel it) on a different character / class.

Edited by Lokithecat

I want to see a soul bound greatsword.  Im playing a Fanatic.

Me too its pretty good stuff.  But once again i'm disappointed, as so far it seems yet again 2H falls behind DW, even for big hits as all of your Special Attacks hit with both equipped weapons and with how ArmPen works now the Estoc is only useful on the absolutely hardest of hard targets as there are more than a few ways to reliably drop armor a few points.  2H just needs something else added to it, even just applying Dazed or Hobbled on Crit or something.

I confirmed that they were hits, and I spawned in multiple bears in succession. Each fight a new fight. Also confirmed by another person earlier in the thread.

This has also been an issue with other weapon and buff-type skills. I think I remember 3 other threads referencing a similar issue.

Are you using the beta branch perhaps? The issue may have been resolved in the most recent patch, or its possible you were simply lucky enough to not be afflicted.

• 1 month later...

Marux Amanth (1h dagger):

Superb, Accurate, Corona of the Soul (10% chance for fire damage AoE on target), Worthy Sacrifice (instakill one near death enemy 1/rest).

Rogue: Quick to the Slaughter (+2 pen for short time on combat start), Paladin: Soul Feeding (gain Smart and Strong inspirations on Corona of the Soul), Priest: Echoes of the Faith (10% chance to repeat attacks after 0.5 seconds, priest spells).

Just a personal note on this.  I used the Dagger as 2nd hand on my dual wielding Kind Wayfarer Paladin/Eothasian Priest (I know, I'm weird) and I bound the dagger to my Paladin but I was not able to cast Flames of Devotion when wielding it.  I re-soulbound it to my priest and I was able to cast Flames of Devotion again.

I don't know if it was the Corona of the Soul attribute that interfered with Flames of Devotion, or if there is some lore that hobbles Kind Wayfarer Paladins from utilizing the sacrificial (soul feeding) dagger to full effect, but I found that to be an interesting restriction.  But kind of annoying because I almost never cast priest attack spells so the Echoes of Faith becomes fairly useless it would seem.

Nevermind -it's not just Paladin. I am dual wielding on Mirke now and she cannot activate any rogue or monk spells.  Going to check bugs forum.

Edited by Ger

• 1 month later...

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104437-any-cool-new-soulbound-weapons-in-the-dlc/

Ice-themed shield and armor are soulbound (and both upgrade to legendary, if memory serves.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ice-themed shield and armor are soulbound (and both upgrade to legendary, if memory serves.)

Fairly certain they do. The armour, at least, starts as Superb (I haven't had a look at the shield yet) so it would be surprising if it didn't upgrade to Legendary.

Yeah they both start Superb and finish Legendary.