So i found my first soulbound weapon pretty early, it was the Lord Darryn's Voulge (poleaxe)

My question is can somebody spoil me on what the differences are if you bind it to a Barbarian, Fighter or Druid?

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

So i found my first soulbound weapon pretty early, it was the Lord Darryn's Voulge (poleaxe)

My question is can somebody spoil me on what the differences are if you bind it to a Barbarian, Fighter or Druid?

Cheers

I, too, have been trying to find this information for the various soulbound items. Having to choose a class on a multiclass character before actually knowing how the item changes is a wrinkle to be sure.

If you're patient you can find out by starting one of each of those classes then, when you reach the cabin of the Defiant and finish the conversation open the console (` by default) and type the following commands:

"iroll20s

giveitem pollaxe_soulbound_lord_darryns_voulge (this might be slightly different but type "giveitem pollaxe_soulbound" then press tabb and it'll autocomplete)"

Now equip and soulbind the weapon and type the following command a few times

"levelsoulbind player_watcher pollaxe_soulbound_lord_darryns_voulge"

If you do do this feel free to share the results here (probably in a spoiler block).

• Like 1

Subbing in case screens are posted ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm really curious about Modwyr (the talking 1h sword) specifically. I know that for at least some classes she grants resistance/immunity to int afflictions but I'm not sure if that's regardless of class or not. That would make it a build-defining weapon for my Skald/Berserker.

If you're patient you can find out by starting one of each of those classes then, when you reach the cabin of the Defiant and finish the conversation open the console (` by default) and type the following commands:

"iroll20s

giveitem pollaxe_soulbound_lord_darryns_voulge (this might be slightly different but type "giveitem pollaxe_soulbound" then press tabb and it'll autocomplete)"

Now equip and soulbind the weapon and type the following command a few times

"levelsoulbind player_watcher pollaxe_soulbound_lord_darryns_voulge"

If you do do this feel free to share the results here (probably in a spoiler block).

I don't want to ruin my ability to gain achievement points for the blessings.

I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case somebody's posts the results

Also has anybody made a list of all soulbound weapons found up to now? Really appreciate it if somebody posted a list of them all.

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

Intellect immunity applies for barbarians so if you want it to remove the confusion from frenzy it will.

Yeah I figured that. What I mean is, as a Soulbound weapon that seems to have differing stats depending on the class of the character it is soulbound to (as was the case in PoE 1), is the Int affliction immunity always there?

Edit: oh wait, according to the wiki, once you finish the quest by visiting the original owner, it turns into a standard unique weapon instead of soulbound anyway?

Edited by Anoregon

Could you give me a hint where I can find the pole axe?

Not sure if its set it stone but i got it far east of Port Maje from one of those abandoned village/shipwreck type places, (I have no idea if its random and i just got lucky).

Edited by Gary1986

I ran through all the soulbound weapons, heres the stats:

Modwyr (1h sword): Identical for all classes

Superb, Accurate, Eager Lover (2% stacking action speed), Emotional (20% fire/ice damage above/below 50% hp), True Independence (immune intellect afflictions), Experimentation ( grants Bottoms Up 1/encounter).

Marux Amanth (1h dagger):

Superb, Accurate, Corona of the Soul (10% chance for fire damage AoE on target), Worthy Sacrifice (instakill one near death enemy 1/rest).
Rogue: Quick to the Slaughter (+2 pen for short time on combat start), Paladin: Soul Feeding (gain Smart and Strong inspirations on Corona of the Soul), Priest: Echoes of the Faith (10% chance to repeat attacks after 0.5 seconds, priest spells).

Magistrate's Cudgel (1h mace)

Superb, Judge (Mark targets for 30s, +10 increased accuracy to marked targets) Fair Trial (when receiving affliction, apply a random tier 1 inspiration, 1/encounter), Executioner (kill lower level kith on crit)
Cipher: Verdict (apply Stunned on Crit), Fighter: Deliberations (randomly apply [+0.2 armor/+0.2 pen/-80% recovery] when engaging a target), Monk: Indictment (on hit, 25% chance to clear concentration from target)

Lord Darryn's Voulge (2h pollaxe)

Superb, Ball Lightning (grants "Ball Lightning" 1/rest), Bolting Strikes (10% chance to apply Lightning Strikes on hit), Static Thunder (on hit: apply stack of Static Thunder. on crit: consume stacks of Static Thunder in small AoE to do 5 shock damage per consumed stack)
Barbarian: Modifies Static Thunder (Static Thunder also disorients enemies), Fighter: Gathering Storm (cast a random storm spell when you drop below 50% hp, 1/encounter), Druid: Storm Mastery (+3 storm power levels)

Blightheart (2h Arquebus)

Superb, Living Wood (20% for a conal AoE that does corrode damage and hobbles), Heartbeat (heals 20% of damage done in 3.0s intervals for a short period), Corrupting Beauty (nearby enemies are distracted for 20s on kill)
Ranger: Blighted Shot (1/encounter full attack that hobbles and weakens), Wizard: Tainted Being (+10% damage as corrode), Chanter: Hymn of Decay (+1 phrase on kill)

I may have missed a Superb or Accurate tag on one of them. Honestly, Penetration can be an issue and not being able to further enchant non-Modwyr is the biggest downside to the different soulbound weapons I've seen

Edited by Iymurra
  • Like 5

Using the FreeRecipesToggle command, it is possible to enchant anything up to Legendary (but mutually exclusive enchantments remain mutually exclusive.) Could you anyone confirm whether that's the case without console commands as well?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

hum, not all of the upgrades are great depending of the class. Wizard getting only +10% corrode with Bblightheart instead of a weapon skill ?

Since poe 1 I hate how soulbound weapons are a gamble, and now with multiclassing you can level up your weapon and made the worst choice (depending your build/personal preference). As a ranger/wizard both options are interesting but it's blind choice (random/blind choices aren't interesting). As a wizard (multiclassed or not), getting a weapon skill could be more interesting than a 'boring' lash.

I would prefer if you could choose the bonus with soulbound weapon, depending of your class you get some unique choice. For Blighheart, Any class get the option for the corrode lash and the weapon skill, but only chanter (solo or multiclass) can choose the phrase bonus.

Honestly? I'd take Tainted Being over Blighted Shot. Although Hymn of Decay is better than both.

Ranger gets the ability because they have limited actions they can take, Wizard gets the passive because they spend a lot of time casting. Chanter gets the best bonus as it allows them to cast more frequently.

A lot of the bonuses feel right when taken in terms of access to abilities. Classes who have more active abilities have more passives while classes with fewer active abilities get more actives. Although ranger is the only example of this as Modwyr is independent of class.

Hey just a quick question about those soulbound weapons. I got the Magistrate's Cudgel one today, and I'm using it with a fighter, but the Judge damage is never done in combat so even after many fights, I still have 0/250. Could this be a bug or am I missing something?

I ran through all the soulbound weapons, heres the stats:

Modwyr (1h sword): Identical for all classes

Superb, Accurate, Eager Lover (2% stacking action speed), Emotional (20% fire/ice damage above/below 50% hp), True Independence (immune intellect afflictions), Experimentation ( grants Bottoms Up 1/encounter).

Marux Amanth (1h dagger):

Superb, Accurate, Corona of the Soul (10% chance for fire damage AoE on target), Worthy Sacrifice (instakill one near death enemy 1/rest).Rogue: Quick to the Slaughter (+2 pen for short time on combat start), Paladin: Soul Feeding (gain Smart and Strong inspirations on Corona of the Soul), Priest: Echoes of the Faith (10% chance to repeat attacks after 0.5 seconds, priest spells).

Magistrate's Cudgel (1h mace)

Superb, Judge (Mark targets for 30s, do increased damage to marked targets) Fair Trial (when receiving affliction, apply a random tier 1 inspiration, 1/encounter), Executioner (kill lower level kith on crit)Cipher: Verdict (attack again on crit), Fighter: Deliberations (randomly apply [+0.2 armor/+0.2 pen/-80% recovery] when engaging a target), Monk: Indictment (on hit, 25% chance to clear concentration from target)

Lord Darryn's Voulge (2h pollaxe)

Superb, Ball Lightning (grants "Ball Lightning" 1/rest), Bolting Strikes (10% chance to apply Lightning Strikes on hit), Static Thunder (on hit: apply stack of Static Thunder. on crit: consume stacks of Static Thunder in small AoE to do 5 shock damage per consumed stack)Barbarian: Modifies Static Thunder (Static Thunder also disorients enemies), Fighter: Gathering Storm (cast a random storm spell when you drop below 50% hp, 1/encounter), Druid: Storm Mastery (+3 storm power levels)

Blightheart (2h Arquebus)

Superb, Living Wood (20% for a conal AoE that does corrode damage and hobbles), Heartbeat (heals 20% of damage done in 3.0s intervals for a short period), Corrupting Beauty (nearby enemies are distracted for 20s on kill)Ranger: Blighted Shot (1/encounter full attack that hobbles and weakens), Wizard: Tainted Being (+10% damage as corrode), Chanter: Hymn of Decay (+1 phrase on kill)

I may have missed a Superb or Accurate tag on one of them. Honestly, Penetration can be an issue and not being able to further enchant non-Modwyr is the biggest downside to the different soulbound weapons I've seen

On the poleaxe, what does ball lightening do? If its an aoe does it also harm friendlys?

Cheers

Ball Lightning is a slower traveling Lightning Bolt spell. 42-56 shock base. Accuracy vs. Reflex. Bounces up to 2 times, -20% damage on bounce. Interrupts on hit.

and edit: Judge is +10 Accuracy against Judged targets. Editing above post to reflect.

I used eder against relatively low-level bears spawned using: SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_Bear_Giant

here is how Judge is currently working. Judge is a self targeted +10 Accuracy buff that is currently only going out in the first combat after the mace has been soulbound. You can re-bind the mace to force judge to go out once more but if you do not re-bind the mace, Judge WILL NOT apply on any combats after the first.

Judge will apply to all targets struck by a hit in the first combat after soulbind.

Additionally, I wanted to double check the Cipher bonus on the Magistrate's Cudgel so I tossed it to Ydwin and boosted it to max. Verdict DOES NOT attack again on Crit. Verdict DOES apply the Stunned Affliction (Might) on crits.

Edited by Iymurra

Ive liked soulbound weapons since they released, but mostly for the associated lore. Felt like a meaningfull find, though other weapons were often mathmatically better. Im just bummed that there are not any that fit how i like to play. I want to see either a soul bound greatsword for barbarians or a soul bound armor of some kind. Im playing a Fanatic (mage slayer barbarian/kind wayfarer). It freaking OWNS! Think barbarian with defense. Its brutal. Im breezing through pod. Would have liked to see some kind of dark carnage dealing weapon that battles your will to keep from going berserk.

Ball Lightning is a slower traveling Lightning Bolt spell. 42-56 shock base. Accuracy vs. Reflex. Bounces up to 2 times, -20% damage on bounce. Interrupts on hit.

and edit: Judge is +10 Accuracy against Judged targets. Editing above post to reflect.

I used eder against relatively low-level bears spawned using: SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_Bear_Giant

here is how Judge is currently working. Judge is a self targeted +10 Accuracy buff that is currently only going out in the first combat after the mace has been soulbound. You can re-bind the mace to force judge to go out once more but if you do not re-bind the mace, Judge WILL NOT apply on any combats after the first.

Judge will apply to all targets struck by a hit in the first combat after soulbind.

Additionally, I wanted to double check the Cipher bonus on the Magistrate's Cudgel so I tossed it to Ydwin and boosted it to max. Verdict DOES NOT attack again on Crit. Verdict DOES apply the Stunned Affliction (Might) on crits.

Does ball lightening damage friendly?

Also what's bottoms up?

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

Yes, if your ally is in the Linear path of Ball Lightning they will get damaged.

Bottoms up is a primary attack (I think it does crush damage) and leaves the target stunned for a short while.

Edited by Iymurra

Gotta say, most of them sound pritty situational. If you can´t lev them up to legendary i see no reason to use them exept maby Lord Darryn's Voulge  on druid, maby Magistrate's Cudgel  on a dual wield crit cipher (don´t sound that good of a build). i do wonder what the priest speical for Marux Amanth  dose? it gives all attacks a chance to attack agen? or only spell attacks or what? the wording is kinda wierd. If its all attack i can see that beeing a decent pick for a priest/melee class.

Oh god, this bug again?