Sarefen Not Added To Party

thren

Question

I encountered a bug the other day in which Sarefen was not added to my party after the conversation when I asked him to join me. I know this wasn't my mistake, as I distinctly remember Aloth's dialogue at the end (something along the lines of "he's not sleeping next to me!") 

I didn't notice until a little later (totally forgot about him, sorry Sarefen!), but he wasn't in my roster of available companions when I went to look for him.

Luckily had a save from right before that point, reloaded and went through the conversation again, and this time he was successfully added to my party. 

Not sure what happened the first time, but it seems like a bug to me! 

5 answers to this question

I have the same bug, it seems to trigger randomly, I played 3 chars from the tutorial till reaching Neketaka, and in one case (using always the same dialogue options) out of those 3 he didn't join. I could verify my decisions in the log, Aloth commented as well but Serafin just left the ship.

This should teach me to make frequent saves.....

Greetings,

Our apology for any inconvenience this issue has caused. By chance is it possible for you to provide me with a savegame file where Sarefen is not appearing after you select him?

Cheers.

Not sure how to send my save file, it wouldn't let me attach it to this post, sorry!

Edited by thren