[BUG: Reputation] Xoti <-> Player reputation does not change, no matter what I do to/with her

Homer Morisson

Question

I've pushed Xoti towards darkness, I forced her to suffer at the Adra pillar for the maximum amount of time, I did not take her side in her conflict with Pallegina, and on Tikawara Island, in that scene with the Koiki Thief being tied to a pillar, when Xoti said "Do something or I might...", I told her to pipe down.

All in all, I have not been nice to her, yet her reputation towards me is at an even 0 and so far has never once changed... all other companions are at varying levels, it's just Xoti that doesn't change from that 0... dialogue-wise, she just recently during resting stood above me with her sickle in hand while I was sleeping, but the reputation screen doesn't reflect any of that at all.

The only other companion at 0 is Aloth, but that's accurate as I never take him with me anyways.

clipboard01jouzs.jpg

Edited by Homer Morisson
  • Like 1

15 answers to this question

Hello all! 

As addressed in the post above, if you have areas that are specific bugs please feel free to create new a post so we can address it, or contact us at support.obsidian.net. Any information you can add like a savegame, dxdiags, or output.logs are always appreciated and sometimes necessary for us to investigate!

Thank you :)

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Update: I have now deliberately tried dialogues again several times that would either irk or please Xoti in different ways, i.e. via being antireligious or by making a joke, etc pp -- none of those actions, none of my story decisions, nothing so far has led to any change to that "0" reputation level.

This is a major bug for me personally, as I was looking forward to a) romancing Xoti, but more importantly b) bringing her quest chain to its final (dark) end, and I'm quite worried that this won't work without the proper reputation/affection levels.

So this is potentially a plot-stopping bug, albeit only a companion plot-stopper.

As you can also see from the screenshot above, I even have ~1.5 levels of reputation with the Huntress and her Bird, and that's despite her having joined the party much later than Xoti, and not having been an active companion anywhere near as often -- ever since having recruited Xoti in Port Maje, I have never once not taken her with me, so it is absolutely impossible for me to still be at exactly 0, i.e. perfectly neutral, reputation levels with her.

Especially not after what I put her through so far. :fdevil:

Edited by Homer Morisson

I can confirm this is happening to me to. Xoti is all not progressing at all even though her responses from my choices show up as they should. 

Thanks for your input, maybe this'll help get the devs attention... shame that such things for the main companions haven't been better QA'd before release, it is frankly putting quite a big damper on my first playthrough, as Xoti is the most intriguing new companion in my opinion... but sadly she's completely broken apparently.

Ever since the Adra Pillar, and her turning to the darker side of things, her character portrait showed the "I want to talk to you"-icon a number of times, but every time that happened and I then talked to her, it was just her standard dialogue and not an actual conversation, probably also related to this reputation bug.

This is happening to me with Aloth, Eder, Xoti, and Serafen.  So far, Pellagina and Tekeho are working as intended.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but my theory is that when you recruit a companion, the relationship points work as intended for a while and then become unresponsive after a certain period of time.

Another interesting thing is that I was able to get the Burning Bridges achievement (get maximum negative relationship with a companion) after I desecrated a temple and Xoti got angry with me.  However, she was still stuck at -1 on the relationship page.  I thought it might have been a visual bug, but then she didn't seem to respond any differently to me after that incident.  I thought Eder would be angry too, but his number got stuck on +1 permanently.  So I'm not sure what's going on, but something is definitely not right.

Edited by yoyolll

This is happening to me with Aloth, Eder, Xoti, and Serafen.  So far, Pellagina and Tekeho are working as intended.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but my theory is that when you recruit a companion, the relationship points work as intended for a while and then become unresponsive after a certain period of time.

Another interesting thing is that I was able to get the Burning Bridges achievement (get maximum negative relationship with a companion) after I desecrated a temple and Xoti got angry with me.  However, she was still stuck at -1 on the relationship page.  I thought it might have been a visual bug, but then she didn't seem to respond any differently to me after that incident.  I thought Eder would be angry too, but his number got stuck on +1 permanently.  So I'm not sure what's going on, but something is definitely not right.

Interesting... none of my companions have so far ever gotten past either -2 or +2, I've not seen any higher number on any of them, not even on the archer girl that wanted to start a relationship with me.

Apparently this side of the companion system is pretty much completely broken... shame they released it in this state.

Fish boy hitting on you is even worse: it locks you out of all other romances unless you shut him down hard right in the initial conversation. This means you lose rep with him as soon as you get him, because even if you later tell him you’d rather stay friends the game treats you as being locked in a relationship permanently, but no longer advances his at all.

And still no word from the devs on this, or at least from the QA guys... this is a major bug pretty much ruining the game for me at this point, I have stopped my playthrough completely at 50+ hours because of mainly this bug that ruins companion interactions.

I was asked yesterday by someone if I could recommend PoE2 to them -- my answer, sadly, was forced to be "No, wait for a sale -- Obsidian is back to their worst days, releasing games with several major bugs in them, one of which is an almost entirely broken companion interaction/reputation system".

They agreed with me that this is one of the most important systems in any RPG, the interaction with your companions being a make-or-break-factor for them as well as for me... so there, majorly disappointed one customer, lost (at least) one other potential customer.