Help! Burden of Memory & Berath's Wrath curse

I have this seemingly permanent curse/negative effect called 'Burden of Memory' and 'Berath's Wrath'. I think ended up getting this after Berath found out that I didn't return the souls of the Hollowborn to the Wheel.

Any way to remove these effects?

I have "Berath's Wrath' also at the moment and it looks like you can  work that one off.  It you look at the curse you should have a counter of 0/75 or so.  When you reach 75/75 hopefully it will go away.  I'm not there yet but getting there.  I don't have the other curse yet so I can't tell you about that one.

Take care,

Mel

It does seem to be a kill counter.  It may count the one's you get a killing blow on though and not just how many your group kills.  Because I have had that thing for a while :p I'm not entirely certain.

Take care,

Mel

Would love more information about Rymgard's "Burden of Memory" curse, in particular.  I've read in a few places that it is potentially time-based and randomly disappeared after just playing with it for a spell, but that could also be a bug.  

RE: Berath's Wrath, the kill counter are last hits by your character only, I believe.  Party kills do not count toward the counter, which makes it considerably more of a slog and micro-managey.

It does seem to be a kill counter.  It may count the one's you get a killing blow on though and not just how many your group kills.  Because I have had that thing for a while :p I'm not entirely certain.

Take care,

Mel

Thanks for the info. This kinda sucks because my main character is a tank. He is the guy with the high engagement capability and crowd control.

Oh well. Time to switch up and become more aggressive.

Update for people who stumble upon this thread:

1. Berath's Wrath curse disappears after your main character kills (ie. gets the final hit) 75 enemies

2. Burden of Memory curse (inflicted during 'A Glimpse Beyond' quest) is time based. You have no choice but to bear with it until it runs out - which is a very long time. No amount of waiting or resting will hasten the process.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread. I have the burden of memory debuff and it just will not go away. The few threads I have come across say it goes away in time. I contracted it at level 7 and now level 11 and I still have it. This is a game created 3.0.2 PoTd difficulty.

I am not sure if I am bugged or this is normal. But being a paladin and having my resolve and might both -2 for four levels now is a bit much.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread. I have the burden of memory debuff and it just will not go away. The few threads I have come across say it goes away in time. I contracted it at level 7 and now level 11 and I still have it. This is a game created 3.0.2 PoTd difficulty.

I am not sure if I am bugged or this is normal. But being a paladin and having my resolve and might both -2 for four levels now is a bit much.

I too am playing a Paladin and now have both curses. The first one (Beraths) takes one point off all attributes and the second (Burden of Memory) takes another two points off both Might and Resolve. If I understand it correctly these penalties arise from decisions I made in the first POE game. The cumulative effect of both curses running concurrently is not only extremely harsh but it seems as though the developers are deliberately taking the opportunity to punish players who bought & played the first game. That is just downright perverse.

Yes, I accept these are role playing games but the penalties being applied suggest the developers are making examples of players who (in their opinion) made the 'wrong' decisions previously. Right now I don't much feel like progressing any further with my play through.

Just a quick update on this issue. The 'Burden of Memory' curse does clear after time. I just rested up in the Wild Mare inn......................it only took 21 rests  :banghead:  /sigh. What nonesense. Brilliant way to really alienate players with a silly mechanic that adds precisely nothing. Not fun, not clever. WTG Obsidian!

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update for anyone who finds this later.  The "Burden of Memory" curse is on a rest timer.  There is a counter that has a 70% chance of ticking up every time you rest, and when it gets to 15 ticks then it goes away.  I got rid of it immediately after getting it by going to my ship and resting 21 times.

Just a quick update for anyone who finds this later.  The "Burden of Memory" curse is on a rest timer.  There is a counter that has a 70% chance of ticking up every time you rest, and when it gets to 15 ticks then it goes away.  I got rid of it immediately after getting it by going to my ship and resting 21 times.

21 times! Wow, I'm not sure I rest that much in a normal no-challenge run, much less after already having played parts of the game. Seems unusually punishing.

Edited by thelee