Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can you lose companion for siding a faction?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Miro

Miro

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

• cloudblade70, AudreyBee and E.RedMark like this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

thats odd ! In my game , siding with principale , I got the leader of Ruatai showing up not the leader of Huana . 

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

So what I'm hearing is, once the factions lay down their "Join us" ultimatums at the palace, I can ignore the VTC, RDC and Huana, play along with the Principi until I get the ghost ship, then bail on them too and head for Ukaizo, all without losing a single companion.

Excellent.

• Midian13, Ryz009 and Seidhe like this

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

thats odd ! In my game , siding with principale , I got the leader of Ruatai showing up not the leader of Huana . 

Yeah that seems to have another flag that sets it. I got the Ruatai on my solo and my pirate.

Andraste

Andraste

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

So what I'm hearing is, once the factions lay down their "Join us" ultimatums at the palace, I can ignore the VTC, RDC and Huana, play along with the Principi until I get the ghost ship, then bail on them too and head for Ukaizo, all without losing a single companion.

Excellent.

That's what I did!

I'm not sure you can successfully take the Floating Hangman into Ondra's Mortar if you don't side with the Principi, though. I took a junk with Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull and did just fine. (Taking on the Floating Hangman was worth it, though, because of the excellent Great Sword you get if you didn't agree to return it to the tomb.)

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

Excellent.

That's what I did!

I'm not sure you can successfully take the Floating Hangman into Ondra's Mortar if you don't side with the Principi, though. I took a junk with Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull and did just fine. (Taking on the Floating Hangman was worth it, though, because of the excellent Great Sword you get if you didn't agree to return it to the tomb.)

again , it was the opposite for me . I tried taking the Junk boat to the island..and got blown to pieces . Then reloaded and went with the Ghost ship + Principal ship and was able to get trough...

BrokenMask

BrokenMask

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Apparently you also need crew with master rank crew skills if you want to pass Ondra's mortar solo

Frostwyrmwraith

Frostwyrmwraith

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Apparently you also need crew with master rank crew skills if you want to pass Ondra's mortar solo

I really hope that's not true because there currently seems to be a bug where crewman with multiple talents can't go hire than expert. Or maybe that's by design, I dunno.

wuthering20

wuthering20

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I romanced Maia and as far as I know, there's no way to keep her if you join the Huana's side. I tried begging as her lover and the diplomatic option, she still left.

What's worse, I can't side with the female pirate captain due to a glitch of quest order, and I don't like the male one. I don't have enough cash to upgrade my ship, either. So now I'm torn between Maia and Tekehu, my two favourite companions. Crap.

You can do the ghost ship quest and take the ship and just not return to the principi, thats what i did.

that maybe the mistake I made . Once I was done , I went back..and that was it . No way to back out . 

Yeah I did that and returned the sword. Ship kind of blows though so I ended up going back to my normal junk XD

Ha does it? My junk is fantastic right now so I will probably make the same choice.

I'm torn between choosing the Huana, since I like the queen, and just going solo if that's an option. 

Does siding with the Huana make you lose both Pallegina and Maia?

Yeah. My Pallegina remains in the Republic. Don't know if she still left as a Kind Wayfarer.

Gary1986

Gary1986

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

Is there a ''join us'' moment when it comes to the Principi so i can say ''no''? Cause i want to drain any many quests out of these factions as possible without joining any of them.

EDIT: If i decide to join the Principi does nobody leave? You mention you fight some Huana leaders and others mention fighting Ruatai leaders with the Principi, so why does nobody leave during those events?

Edited by Gary1986, 17 May 2018 - 02:10 AM.

Miro

Miro

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts

Spoilers ahead:

Is there a ''join us'' moment when it comes to the Principi so i can say ''no''? Cause i want to drain any many quests out of these factions as possible without joining any of them.

EDIT: If i decide to join the Principi does nobody leave? You mention you fight some Huana leaders and others mention fighting Ruatai leaders with the Principi, so why does nobody leave during those events?

There is a "I have the Fonferrus and return to Aeldys/Furrante" moment, which is the "join us" point.

If you decide to join the Principi nobody leaves. You then sail through the storm and land on Ukuzi or what's it called and disable the Ondra's mortar/storm. This apparently makes one(! would be interesting to know whether this is random or there's a prerequisite to chose which appears) of the factions you decided against turn up in the city and fight against you. Nobody leaves then, as they start combat with you, not the other way around.

• Yria likes this

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoilers ahead:

She only leave if she is in the party when you are going to do it from what I've read.

Gary1986

Gary1986

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoilers ahead:

There is a "I have the Fonferrus and return to Aeldys/Furrante" moment, which is the "join us" point.

If you decide to join the Principi nobody leaves. You then sail through the storm and land on Ukuzi or what's it called and disable the Ondra's mortar/storm. This apparently makes one(! would be interesting to know whether this is random or there's a prerequisite to chose which appears) of the factions you decided against turn up in the city and fight against you. Nobody leaves then, as they start combat with you, not the other way around.

Cheers.

Few questions though

1 :If i go solo do i still have to sail to the city and 1 of the factions turns up and fights me anyway?

2: Whats the specific differences between going solo and joining the Prinicipi?

3: If i take the ghostship, but dont hand it in and dont join any other factions, and i go through the storm and land on Ukuzi, is that still considered going solo?

Edited by Gary1986, 17 May 2018 - 10:32 AM.

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

I can answer that one . Joining the Principal is like joining a faction . Beside loot reward and such , the ending sliders will be determined by who did you side with and the fate of your companions will change depanding on that also . 

I'm guessing going solo..will also give a different slider . Although , I can say that they are also bugged . So beware ( as in , give them time to fix this stuff and try again :D) 

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

Spoilers ahead:

She only leave if she is in the party when you are going to do it from what I've read.

wish someone could confirm that . 

Cose that would be nice ! 

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoilers ahead:

Huh that's odd. Surely she'd learned what the PC did via the other companions? Would think it'd be a forced ship conversation and she'd leave then. That said if it works it works XD

Edited by Ryz009, 17 May 2018 - 07:44 AM.

Gary1986

Gary1986

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I can answer that one . Joining the Principal is like joining a faction . Beside loot reward and such , the ending sliders will be determined by who did you side with and the fate of your companions will change depanding on that also . 

I'm guessing going solo..will also give a different slider . Although , I can say that they are also bugged . So beware ( as in , give them time to fix this stuff and try again :D) 

If i do the Principal questline up until i get the ghostship, but i dont hand the ghostship in and i just carry on with the rest of the game as normal, would that be considered going solo still? Or would you still be considered as being a member of the Principal?

Edited by Gary1986, 17 May 2018 - 10:35 AM.

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If i do the Principal questline up until i get the ghostship, but i dont hand the ghostship in and i just carry on with the rest of the game as normal, would that be considered going solo still? Or would you still be considered as being a member of the Principal?

It's solo. You don't get locked into the pirates til you return with the ship.

tela2k

tela2k

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My guess is people who got Huana leader fight in Ukaizo gave the Ukaizo map from the quest to the prince? Because I just kept it, avoided the Rauataians and never gave it to the Huana either, effectively just failing the quest and I got the Rauatai admiral both with Principi and going solo. Oddly enough too Maia didn't comment on killing her high commander at all.

Miro

Miro

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts

That's entirely possible, I gave it to the Huana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users