Can you lose companion for siding a faction?

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

Is there a ''join us'' moment when it comes to the Principi so i can say ''no''? Cause i want to drain any many quests out of these factions as possible without joining any of them.

EDIT: If i decide to join the Principi does nobody leave? You mention you fight some Huana leaders and others mention fighting Ruatai leaders with the Principi, so why does nobody leave during those events?

There is a "I have the Fonferrus and return to Aeldys/Furrante" moment, which is the "join us" point.

If you decide to join the Principi nobody leaves. You then sail through the storm and land on Ukuzi or what's it called and disable the Ondra's mortar/storm. This apparently makes one(! would be interesting to know whether this is random or there's a prerequisite to chose which appears) of the factions you decided against turn up in the city and fight against you. Nobody leaves then, as they start combat with you, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Spoilers ahead:

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

She only leave if she is in the party when you are going to do it from what I've read.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

Is there a ''join us'' moment when it comes to the Principi so i can say ''no''? Cause i want to drain any many quests out of these factions as possible without joining any of them.

EDIT: If i decide to join the Principi does nobody leave? You mention you fight some Huana leaders and others mention fighting Ruatai leaders with the Principi, so why does nobody leave during those events?

There is a "I have the Fonferrus and return to Aeldys/Furrante" moment, which is the "join us" point.

If you decide to join the Principi nobody leaves. You then sail through the storm and land on Ukuzi or what's it called and disable the Ondra's mortar/storm. This apparently makes one(! would be interesting to know whether this is random or there's a prerequisite to chose which appears) of the factions you decided against turn up in the city and fight against you. Nobody leaves then, as they start combat with you, not the other way around.

Cheers.

Few questions though

1 :If i go solo do i still have to sail to the city and 1 of the factions turns up and fights me anyway?

2: Whats the specific differences between going solo and joining the Prinicipi?

3: If i take the ghostship, but dont hand it in and dont join any other factions, and i go through the storm and land on Ukuzi, is that still considered going solo?

Edited by Gary1986

I can answer that one . Joining the Principal is like joining a faction . Beside loot reward and such , the ending sliders will be determined by who did you side with and the fate of your companions will change depanding on that also . 

I'm guessing going solo..will also give a different slider . Although , I can say that they are also bugged . So beware ( as in , give them time to fix this stuff and try again :D) 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Spoilers ahead:

She only leave if she is in the party when you are going to do it from what I've read.

wish someone could confirm that . 

Cose that would be nice ! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Spoilers ahead:

Huh that's odd. Surely she'd learned what the PC did via the other companions? Would think it'd be a forced ship conversation and she'd leave then. That said if it works it works XD

Edited by Ryz009

I can answer that one . Joining the Principal is like joining a faction . Beside loot reward and such , the ending sliders will be determined by who did you side with and the fate of your companions will change depanding on that also . 

I'm guessing going solo..will also give a different slider . Although , I can say that they are also bugged . So beware ( as in , give them time to fix this stuff and try again :D) 

If i do the Principal questline up until i get the ghostship, but i dont hand the ghostship in and i just carry on with the rest of the game as normal, would that be considered going solo still? Or would you still be considered as being a member of the Principal?

Edited by Gary1986

If i do the Principal questline up until i get the ghostship, but i dont hand the ghostship in and i just carry on with the rest of the game as normal, would that be considered going solo still? Or would you still be considered as being a member of the Principal?

It's solo. You don't get locked into the pirates til you return with the ship.

My guess is people who got Huana leader fight in Ukaizo gave the Ukaizo map from the quest to the prince? Because I just kept it, avoided the Rauataians and never gave it to the Huana either, effectively just failing the quest and I got the Rauatai admiral both with Principi and going solo. Oddly enough too Maia didn't comment on killing her high commander at all.

Spoilers ahead:

Huh that's odd. Surely she'd learned what the PC did via the other companions? Would think it'd be a forced ship conversation and she'd leave then. That said if it works it works XD

It works. But she won't talk to me again. When I clicked her for dialogue she just stared at me. It seems that she figured out what I did and entered a cold war with me now.

• Like 2

I gave the map to the Huana, left it intact on the island, and got Ruatains. 

Oddly, despite killing her Hazanui, Maia remained employed by them in her epilogue. 

So much for the logical explanation then. Also got the happy Maia ending even though she screwed them over and murdered the high commander. Remained respected by her people everywhere she went. Well I guess fear brings respect, never know when she is going to shoot you in the face.

Game is bugged.

• Like 1

I gave the map to the Huana, left it intact on the island, and got Ruatains. 

Oddly, despite killing her Hazanui, Maia remained employed by them in her epilogue. 

So much for the logical explanation then. Also got the happy Maia ending even though she screwed them over and murdered the high commander. Remained respected by her people everywhere she went. Well I guess fear brings respect, never know when she is going to shoot you in the face.

Game is bugged.

As Maia would says: "if someone shoot at you, you shoot back and don't ask questions".

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Spoilers ahead:

It works. But she won't talk to me again. When I clicked her for dialogue she just stared at me. It seems that she figured out what I did and entered a cold war with me now.

Fitting XD

From what I can tell, you can avoid most of the companions leaving the party by simply leaving them on ship. I mean I went along with Vailians' explosive plan with Maia on ship and she was still with me afterwards. Same with Pallegina (though she did leave when I messed up the feuding families quest [and didn't when I left her on ship before doing it]). All this was after finishing their companion quests btw, if that's relevant.

Tekehu was the only one who left a note for me and took off even when on ship and at max approval.

• Like 2

I managed to get the somewhat happy ending for this outcome.

I played the game with Pallegina - Serafen - Tekehu - Maia from the moment I reach Naketaka and kept everyone in the positive by doing quest chain properly. I only swap them out for Eder, Xoti and Aloth quick personal quest. I always convince Maia that I don't agree with RDF direction and that it's dirty and underhanded and will leave a bad image.

I first went to the Pirate and got rid of Furrante because SLAVERS. Didn't do the pirate ship.

Then I went to Vailian and got Alvari the seat (Screw the dude for being slaver) and when she tried to kick Maia out of the team, I say Maia is too important and I rather pick her over the mission.

THen I went to the Brass Citadel and talked with Hazanui. Tekehu voiced his concern about the assassination of the queen and I agree with him. Hazanui got very mad and told everyone to kill my party. Maia stayed by my side (Unlike Pallegina who would instantly switch if you attack anyone in the VTC).

Then I Went to the queen and agreed to help her. Because Hazanui was killed, there was no need for me to plan bombs. She just go "Thank you for helping us" without telling you to ditch Maia and Pallegina.

No one left.

Almost everyone happy.

RDF can suck it and even Maia is happy. Though you have to avoid the special dialogue with Maia as it might cause her to leave even though her people tried to kill her. IF you're going to do this, make sure you exhaust everything you want with her. It does affect her ending in a good way though and you can choose between Huana or just do it yourself with minimal penalty.

I prefer the "Screw everyone" choice though as they all diss you for not helping after all the effort.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 1

Guest Blutwurstritter

I was talking to the Deadfire company female leader person and started the dialogue about killing the Huana Queen with Maia in my party. I declined to do it, upon which the leader decided they have to kill me, turninging everyone hostile in the Deadfire company Citadel. Maia didn't mind me killing all of them and stayed with me. I signed then with the Valian trading company and with the leadership of the Deadfire company already dead, i never got to the dialogue about blowing up the black powder building. The dialogue with the valian trading company boss jumped immediately to the last part and i was directly able to go to Ukaizo with the animancers on board. None of the companions left my party.

I could also have signed with the Huana since the dialogue with the queen also jumps immediately to the last part which Maia seems not to mind.

Which path leads to not losing any companions?

I haven't gotten far yet but is there a faction choice that's neutral, as in you don't lose any companions?

I sided with the Principi and didn't lose anyone. I wasn't really keen on siding with anyone (all of the factions are full of terrible people), but the pirates wanted me to get a ghost ship and that sounded awesome.

My actions pretty much led to the Huana getting screwed over (I released the dragon and didn't side with them) but Tek didn't care. His ending slide has him happy and fulfilled as he helped bring his people together as an emissary of Ngati. I helped Maia's friends with their missive quests, and Maia regrets doing those underhanded missions for Atsuna and her ending slide is about her swaying the King to her opinion.

All in all, some good stuff. You might get the best faction ending from the pirates? Which is weird. Not sure if siding with Furante is different, but that's what I did (and let Aedlys live).

I managed to get the somewhat happy ending for this outcome.

I played the game with Pallegina - Serafen - Tekehu - Maia from the moment I reach Naketaka and kept everyone in the positive by doing quest chain properly. I only swap them out for Eder, Xoti and Aloth quick personal quest. I always convince Maia that I don't agree with RDF direction and that it's dirty and underhanded and will leave a bad image.

I first went to the Pirate and got rid of Furrante because SLAVERS. Didn't do the pirate ship.

Then I went to Vailian and got Alvari the seat (Screw the dude for being slaver) and when she tried to kick Maia out of the team, I say Maia is too important and I rather pick her over the mission.

THen I went to the Brass Citadel and talked with Hazanui. Tekehu voiced his concern about the assassination of the queen and I agree with him. Hazanui got very mad and told everyone to kill my party. Maia stayed by my side (Unlike Pallegina who would instantly switch if you attack anyone in the VTC).

Then I Went to the queen and agreed to help her. Because Hazanui was killed, there was no need for me to plan bombs. She just go "Thank you for helping us" without telling you to ditch Maia and Pallegina.

No one left.

Almost everyone happy.

RDF can suck it and even Maia is happy. Though you have to avoid the special dialogue with Maia as it might cause her to leave even though her people tried to kill her. IF you're going to do this, make sure you exhaust everything you want with her. It does affect her ending in a good way though and you can choose between Huana or just do it yourself with minimal penalty.

I prefer the "Screw everyone" choice though as they all diss you for not helping after all the effort.

Funny thing is ... this is the worst possible ending for all parties. =) lol

• 4 months later...

From what I can tell, you can avoid most of the companions leaving the party by simply leaving them on ship. I mean I went along with Vailians' explosive plan with Maia on ship and she was still with me afterwards. Same with Pallegina (though she did leave when I messed up the feuding families quest [and didn't when I left her on ship before doing it]). All this was after finishing their companion quests btw, if that's relevant.

Tekehu was the only one who left a note for me and took off even when on ship and at max approval.

I think this was patched. I did this and maia left me and left a note. 

Spoilers ahead:

Well, I sided with the Principi and Maia still left :/