Can you lose companion for siding a faction?

Which path leads to not losing any companions?

I haven't gotten far yet but is there a faction choice that's neutral, as in you don't lose any companions?

I was told you could go the solo route and not side with anyone . But siding with the pirate (principale) , nobody leave you .
Could you let me know what part of the game this choice appears at to go solo and not side with anybody? Also is this an official route?

Also is siding with the principale route a second route for nobody to leave you?

When do a these choices appear so that I don't mess up? Are there clear indicators?

Cheers

I can't tell you which route is the solo , since I haven't found it myself . I was doing the principal quest and end up stuck with them and no way to say 'NO THANX! BYE!' . You can say NO to the Valliant when they ask you . Dunno about the Huana and the 3rd faction .

It's late in the game though . Just be careful and SAVE alot .

When I went to the Valliant , they tell you 'It's time to choose' same with rauatia . That is the indicator .

Principale homewhever , they just went 'Let's finish this quest Ahoy!' and before I could say anything we were in buziness ...

So how many factions are there, and which characters leave you during what faction quest line?

What act/chapter does all this happen in?

act and chapter? 

There is no chapter 1 , chapter 2...or anything . 

There are : The Principal (Pirates) 

- The Valian (Think greedy corporation)

- the Reauta (really have a hard time spelling their names) . 

- And the Native .(with a queen) . 

Maia belong to the Reauta . Tekehu belong to the Native . Xoti is aligned with none , and neither is Eder (but they both probably will leave you if you piss on Eotha the whole journey) . There is also the orlan companion and he is with the Principale (dunno how he feel if ya were to kill them though) .

Pallagina is with the Vallian . And she is an ass about them . 

Maia will leave you if you side with the Vallian (romanced or not ) . Tekehu will leave if you betray the Native . Pallagina probably will spit on you if you do anything to the Vallian . 

I know the Reauta tell you at some point to make a choice (that is how you decide if you wanna join them ) . The Valliant did the same and I got to say No Thanx and keep Maia . 

Becareful with the Principale , they got me stumped and locked in joining them cose they have an awesome quest . Grrr I didn't wanna join them ! 

And you can do all their quest , just becareful and save often . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I haven't gotten far yet but is there a faction choice that's neutral, as in you don't lose any companions?

I was told you could go the solo route and not side with anyone . But siding with the pirate (principale) , nobody leave you .
Could you let me know what part of the game this choice appears at to go solo and not side with anybody? Also is this an official route?

Also is siding with the principale route a second route for nobody to leave you?

When do a these choices appear so that I don't mess up? Are there clear indicators?

Cheers

I can't tell you which route is the solo , since I haven't found it myself . I was doing the principal quest and end up stuck with them and no way to say 'NO THANX! BYE!' . You can say NO to the Valliant when they ask you . Dunno about the Huana and the 3rd faction .

When I went to the Valliant , they tell you 'It's time to choose' same with rauatia . That is the indicator .

Principale homewhever , they just went 'Let's finish this quest Ahoy!' and before I could say anything we were in buziness ...

So how many factions are there, and which characters leave you during what faction quest line?

act and chapter? 

Maia belong to the Reauta . Tekehu belong to the Native . Xoti is aligned with none , and neither is Eder (but they both probably will leave you if you piss on Eotha the whole journey) . There is also the orlan companion and he is with the Principale (dunno how he feel if ya were to kill them though) .

Maia will leave you if you side with the Vallian (romanced or not ) . Tekehu will leave if you betray the Native . Pallagina probably will spit on you if you do anything to the Vallian . 

I know the Reauta tell you at some point to make a choice (that is how you decide if you wanna join them ) . The Valliant did the same and I got to say No Thanx and keep Maia . 

Becareful with the Principale , they got me stumped and locked in joining them cose they have an awesome quest . Grrr I didn't wanna join them ! 

Cheers for the response.

So i can do all faction quests up until they say something like  ''Hey now make your choice''?

And the only way to keep all characters is to side with the Principal? 

Side with Valian = Maia leaves

Side with Reauta = Tekehu Leaves

Side with Native = Pallagina leaves

Side with Principal = Nobody leaves

That about right?

EDIT: Also what quest locks you into the Principal faction?

Edited by Gary1986

Cheers

act and chapter? 

Cheers for the response.

So i can do all faction quests up until they say something like  ''Hey now make your choice''?

That about right?

yup . 

You could try and turn down the Principale too . 

The reauta , Vallian and the Native are like the main factions . 

You can check on your characters sheet , the differents factions and how much -1 , 0 , 2 influence you have with them . 

I'm not sure if the Principale are even a faction as such . But they are there and you can join them . (maybe join someone else + Principale , but I can't be 100% sure) . 

And you can go solo . If you figure out how to do that lol let me know . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I romanced Maia and as far as I know, there's no way to keep her if you join the Huana's side. I tried begging as her lover and the diplomatic option, she still left.

What's worse, I can't side with the female pirate captain due to a glitch of quest order, and I don't like the male one. I don't have enough cash to upgrade my ship, either. So now I'm torn between Maia and Tekehu, my two favourite companions. Crap.

You can do the ghost ship quest and take the ship and just not return to the principi, thats what i did.

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

Cheers

act and chapter? 

Cheers for the response.

That about right?

yup . 

You can check on your characters sheet , the differents factions and how much -1 , 0 , 2 influence you have with them . 

I'm not sure if the Principale are even a faction as such . But they are there and you can join them . (maybe join someone else + Principale , but I can't be 100% sure) . 

Cheers.

I hope this game doesnt lead down the path of at least 1 character has to 100% leave at some point, it would totally ruin it for me.

I romanced Maia and as far as I know, there's no way to keep her if you join the Huana's side. I tried begging as her lover and the diplomatic option, she still left.

What's worse, I can't side with the female pirate captain due to a glitch of quest order, and I don't like the male one. I don't have enough cash to upgrade my ship, either. So now I'm torn between Maia and Tekehu, my two favourite companions. Crap.

You can do the ghost ship quest and take the ship and just not return to the principi, thats what i did.

that maybe the mistake I made . Once I was done , I went back..and that was it . No way to back out . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

that maybe the mistake I made . Once I was done , I went back..and that was it . No way to back out . 

Yeah I did that and returned the sword. Ship kind of blows though so I ended up going back to my normal junk XD

Yeah I did that and returned the sword. Ship kind of blows though so I ended up going back to my normal junk XD

no I mean , went back to the Principale . And got stuck with them..

And then when I got to use the ship.....pfff..total disaster . 

cose once ya are stuck with a faction , your Junk boat get killed over and over . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Ha does it? My junk is fantastic right now so I will probably make the same choice.

I'm torn between choosing the Huana, since I like the queen, and just going solo if that's an option. 

Does siding with the Huana make you lose both Pallegina and Maia?

Cheers

act and chapter?

Cheers for the response.

So i can do all faction quests up until they say something like ''Hey now make your choice''?

That about right?

yup .

Maybe you can go Principale & solo (if you say that maybe Principale isn't a major faction)

Maybe if you say no to all 3 major factions when it comes to choosing it automatically starts the solo path.

Maybe you can go Principale & solo (if you say that maybe Principale isn't a major faction)

Maybe if you say no to all 3 major factions when it comes to choosing it automatically starts the solo path.

maybe...

up to you in the end though  ;)

Elderly Hive Dweller

Ha does it? My junk is fantastic right now so I will probably make the same choice.

I'm torn between choosing the Huana, since I like the queen, and just going solo if that's an option. 

Yeah less cannons and less hull/sails.

I think my nicer version of Serp will choose the Huana where my more douchey version of him will go solo.

maybe...

up to you in the end though ;)

Cheers for the responses, really appreciate it.

I'll keep an eye out for the final choices on when the factions ask me to pick sides.

• Like 1

maybe...

up to you in the end though ;)

Cheers for the responses, really appreciate it.

I'll keep an eye out for the final choices on when the factions ask me to pick sides.

just remember to save ALOT . can't be stressed enough lol 

Happy gaming!  :grin:

Elderly Hive Dweller

After finishing my own playthrough, I can confirm. I sided with Vailians, I romanced Maia, maxed reputation with her and she still left. RIP. ( Screw the rauatai anyway )

• Like 1

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

• Like 3

Side with the Principi - nobody leaves, you take the Ghostship and fight the Huana leaders on Ukuzi or what's it called

thats odd ! In my game , siding with principale , I got the leader of Ruatai showing up not the leader of Huana . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

So what I'm hearing is, once the factions lay down their "Join us" ultimatums at the palace, I can ignore the VTC, RDC and Huana, play along with the Principi until I get the ghost ship, then bail on them too and head for Ukaizo, all without losing a single companion.

Excellent.

• Like 3

thats odd ! In my game , siding with principale , I got the leader of Ruatai showing up not the leader of Huana . 

Yeah that seems to have another flag that sets it. I got the Ruatai on my solo and my pirate.

So what I'm hearing is, once the factions lay down their "Join us" ultimatums at the palace, I can ignore the VTC, RDC and Huana, play along with the Principi until I get the ghost ship, then bail on them too and head for Ukaizo, all without losing a single companion.

Excellent.

That's what I did!

I'm not sure you can successfully take the Floating Hangman into Ondra's Mortar if you don't side with the Principi, though. I took a junk with Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull and did just fine. (Taking on the Floating Hangman was worth it, though, because of the excellent Great Sword you get if you didn't agree to return it to the tomb.)

Excellent.

That's what I did!

I'm not sure you can successfully take the Floating Hangman into Ondra's Mortar if you don't side with the Principi, though. I took a junk with Dragonwing Sails and Blackwood Hull and did just fine. (Taking on the Floating Hangman was worth it, though, because of the excellent Great Sword you get if you didn't agree to return it to the tomb.)

again , it was the opposite for me . I tried taking the Junk boat to the island..and got blown to pieces . Then reloaded and went with the Ghost ship + Principal ship and was able to get trough...

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yeah. My Pallegina remains in the Republic. Don't know if she still left as a Kind Wayfarer.

Spoilers ahead:

Side with Ruatai - Maia is their spy, Pallegina their enemy => Pallegina leaves; Also you're asked to kill the Huana leaders => guess Tekehu leaves?

Side with VaIlian trading Company - Pallegina is their bodyguard, Maia works for the opposing faction => Maia leaves

Side with the Huana - gotta blow up the Ruatai powder**** same as VTC => Suppose Maia leaves as well

Side with nobody - buy a ship, give it the dragon wing sail and the most expensive hull upgrade thing and just sail north when you're main-quest-stage is to follow Eothas to Ukuzi --> nobody leaves

Is there a ''join us'' moment when it comes to the Principi so i can say ''no''? Cause i want to drain any many quests out of these factions as possible without joining any of them.

EDIT: If i decide to join the Principi does nobody leave? You mention you fight some Huana leaders and others mention fighting Ruatai leaders with the Principi, so why does nobody leave during those events?

Edited by Gary1986