• 2 weeks later...

What? since when can he do that? I totally missed that. 

Edit: well he can't in my game... :(

Edit2: Ah - beta branch. Cool!

THe new 3.1.0 patch has some of the best features I ever saw! Eder + pet, Spell Shaping as new caster passive. But most importantly: custom/premade hirelings! Yay!!!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to list whether cheats (BB for stats bonus) were used in character creation, maybe under difficulty? Hard to know if a build will work without them, and I'd rather not have to click and read each one to know. I hope it's not too much to ask!

There is no build listed that will fall apart because of having BB or not.  Any gains such as stats are marginal benefits.

I agree that most likely BBs don't make a lot of difference for a build.

But I could maybe go through the builds and add a [berath's Blessing] tag to the ones that use it. But I'd need some free time for that... ;)

Yes, but you'd have to open every build thread to see this. As far as I understood it would be nice to see if the builds use BBlessings directly in the build list. I would only mark the ones which use BBs and don't show normal stats though. Can't be too many...

I might update the LoP after my current playthrough, but I haven’t made up my mind about it just yet.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It could be good in my opinion if the different archetypes could be summarized briefly.

One idea could be to sort them only depending on the used items and/or subclasses.

For example like in the thread "What's good to multiclass with Paladin?".

Even though, one could read all the existend builds and knows the possibilities.

This summary would present an overview of the different interesting playstyles.

What do you think ?

• 3 weeks later...

Advise a current monk build solo Potd. There are very old versions in the list

With the introduction of megabosses, especially Dorudugan, it's very hard to make solo builds right now. So far I've only seen 3 solo builds that work against Megabosses - paladin/chanter, blood mage/priest, blood mage/tactician