Enjoy your vacation! I envy you :D

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks! :)

Hey! 4G on the countryside. Romania is so awesome when it comes to internet infrastructure. Best in EU so far. :thumbsup:

If you want to know where I am today: Google "Sighisoara". It's beautiful.

Tomorrow I will be off to "Breb":

https://goo.gl/images/NqYFGR

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another build. It's similar in many ways to the Burning Sage build, but it has a distinctly different spin to it, and it's tailored for a solo PotD run:

The Mirrorback

Subclasses: Monk Helwalker/Wizard -

A versatile build that can shift between powerful AOE blasting, single target DPS, and a "mirror mode" in which they reflect attacks and spells back at their attackers. 

Author: whimper

Game Version: 1.2

Difficulty: PotD

Solo: Yes

Companion: -

Ok, now after my vacation I went through the subforum and tried to find all builds that got posted while I was away (and whose authors didn't poked me directly). I also find some that I missed before. It was a lot of editing - but as a result, I added quite a number of builds to the list. Please let me know if I missed any. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks - there is a really big problem when editing links in this forum... :(

Fixed it. Although this one seems to have been my mistake - I somehow didn't get the complete URL when copying. Just one tiny "f" missing. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

I decided to share the build I am using for my current play through:

The Holy Hand Grenadier

Subclasses: Paladin (Goldpact, Bleakwalker or Kind Wayfarer), Streetfigther

A build which combines streetfighter and paladin to lob explosives which debuff your foes with DOTs and afflictions. Paladin defenses let you safely self-afflict distracted with the blunderbuss modal and have constant streetfigther speed bonus. 

Author: arkane83

Game Version: 1.2

Difficulty: PotD

Solo: Not tested

Companion: -

Edited by arkane83

Could you add my second build ? https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103905-build-harbinger-of-doom-dark-shaman-solopotdroleplay

Description: Dark shaman build. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I added stars (zero to max  - based on the number of likes a build got) behind the build names. Also see Disclaimer IV. Tell me what you think. Keep it, alter it or remove it?

I thought since there are so many builds now it would help to get a better overview for readers looking for builds.

Edited by Boeroer

I added stars (zero to max  - based on the number of likes a build got) behind the build names. Also see Disclaimer IV. Tell me what you think. Keep it, alter it or remove it?

I thought since there are so many builds now it would help to get a better overview for readers looking for builds.

I would think something more simple like a *POPULAR* tag would work better. Too many people will think of the stars as ratings by default, if they skip over the blurb at the top of your post. This will also reduce your workload, as checking each build on a regular basis to recalculate the stars could get quite tedious.

So something like 10+ likes, or 2/3+ pages of discussion earns the popular tag (rough numbers but you get the idea).

I would think something more simple like a *POPULAR* tag would work better. Too many people will think of the stars as ratings by default, if they skip over the blurb at the top of your post. This will also reduce your workload, as checking each build on a regular basis to recalculate the stars could get quite tedious.

So something like 10+ likes, or 2/3+ pages of discussion earns the popular tag (rough numbers but you get the idea).

Yeah, I also think the stars are easily misunderstood as rating of the builds' strength.

Ok - I think you are right and stars are too "amazonish". ;)

"Popular" or such would work I guess. What about this:

- <popular> if a build has x+ likes

- <hot> if a build thread has x+ responses

You could get both then. Hot is already an official forum label (realized as a <span> with some css, not an image) for threads that are highly frequented. Maybe <hot> is not the right term anyways in this case, but I can't come up with something short that's more fitting atm. "Discussed" may fit, but it sounds rather weird to me (as a non-native speaker). "Reviewed" maybe... Hm...

<popular> would be new, I guess I could make an icon that has the same style as the current <hot>. That should be easy.

Icons/images as labels are ok (also for smartphone UI). I can't put too many images into one post though (there's a hard cap for the amount of images per post). That's why the current stars are ASCII, not images. But if we reduce it to a few tags for some builds and don't tag the others it might be within limits.

I like the general idea. :)

I think I might make a poll on this matter.

Edit: I also thought about creating a script that checks the build threads for the number of likes and post counts and even searches for new builds and mails me search hits - but unfortunately atm I have no time for such a thing.

Edited by Boeroer

I removed the stars and am planning to replace them with tags (hot, popular). I can't use icons because the forum won't allow that many images - so I'm using just simple colored letters with brackets (and some BBCode):

|HOT|

|POPULAR|

|DEPRECATED|

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, I know. :) It was already marked but today I tried out Unicode emojis as tags and unfortunately they all got stripped when I was saving the post. :(

Edit: ah wait - that was another one. You mean the Suicide Bomb?

Edited by Boeroer

If anyone is interested in how you can create a tag like above with a tooltip with BBCode:

[size=3][color=#d1512e][background=#d1512e][color=#d1512e]|[/color]
[acronym="this tag nesting is wicked"][color=#000000][b][size=1]HOLY MOLY[/size][/b][/color][/acronym]
[color=#d1512e]|[/color][/background][/color][/size]

--> |HOLY MOLY|

;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Ok, I went into every build thread on the list again and marked every build entry in the list accordingly (if the conditions were met). What do you think know?

• Like 1

Hey.

I have a question.

For an RPG / Lore wise playthrough i would take Eder (pure Fighter i think), Pallegina (Herald for sure) and Aloth (pure Wizard).

So for my main i think of an Soul Blade / Bleak Walker Dmg Build (Explorer or Aristocrat Background, Deadfire Archipelago Culture and Aumaua Race).

But i like the "Light Side" for this playthrough.  Is this a problem with the Bleak Walker Subclass? 

Hey.

I have a question.

For an RPG / Lore wise playthrough i would take Eder (pure Fighter i think), Pallegina (Herald for sure) and Aloth (pure Wizard).

So for my main i think of an Soul Blade / Bleak Walker Dmg Build (Explorer or Aristocrat Background, Deadfire Archipelago Culture and Aumaua Race).

But i like the "Light Side" for this playthrough.  Is this a problem with the Bleak Walker Subclass? 

Bleak Walker dispositions are aggressive and cruel. Meaning you are "supposed" to take as many of those actions/dialogue options as possible. Not doing so is not only out of character, but you gimp your defenses.

The game is easy enough that losing the defenses could be manageable, but would still be "wrong" from a RP perspective.